╌>

Owner of Drug Testing Lab Falsified Results, Costing Multiple Parents Custody of Their Children

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  4 years ago  •  7 comments

By:   Chris Harris

Owner of Drug Testing Lab Falsified Results, Costing Multiple Parents Custody of Their Children
"She has committed a fraud upon the whole court system," prosecutors argued at Brandy Murrah's sentencing.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Last week, the owner of an Alabama testing lab was sentenced to several years in prison for falsifying records – actions prosecutors contend caused many families great pain and suffering.

PEOPLE confirms Brandy Murrah, 37, received a 15-year sentence from Judge William Filmore on Nov. 12, after pleading guilty two months ago to one felony charge of perjury and 16 misdemeanor counts of forgery.

During her sentencing, which the Dothan Eagle was present for , Murrah was confronted by parents who'd lost custody of their children because of drug test results she'd doctored.

According to the Eagle , District Attorney Kirke Adams said that Murrah needed to go to prison because of all the suffering she had caused.

"She has committed a fraud upon the whole court system," Adams emphasized.

Speaking to the judge prior to sentencing, Murrah acknowledged, "I know I did wrong," before apologizing for her crimes.

"I've done a lot of things wrong in my life," she told the court. "I'm sorry for anyone I ever hurt. I really did not do this intentionally to ever hurt anyone."

Murrah was first arrested in 2019 by Ozark Police, on charges she fabricated drug screening results handled by her lab, A&J Lab Collections.

She was charged with perjury, the paper reports , after falsely testifying about the drug test results of a father fighting to retain custody of his kids. All of the forgery charges are based on reports she created about tests that were never conducted.

At least one of the victims was kept from her children for months before being reunited.

Jennifer Severs, who was the first to bring her concerns to Ozark Police, said the experience of being separated has scarred both her and her children, according to the paper.

"This is a daily battle for me on who I can trust," she explained. "This is a daily battle for my children."

In 2017, Grace Locke lost her 3-month-old baby after her drug test results falsely showed she was positive for methamphetamine.

"I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest because I knew I was doing right with this one," Locke testified. "I don't understand why anybody would ever do that to any family, any children, for no reason."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

Man, that is cold.  This sanctimonious piece of shit needs to rot in prison.  Getting over drug addiction is one of the hardest things a person can go through, and then this asshole decides to not only deny your progress but to deny you of your parental rights as well?  Have fun serving 15 years with people who will have zero sympathy for you, you disgusting pig.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

There's a more general problem with "experts" in the courts. Literally anyone else can declare themselves "expert".

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    4 years ago

All of the forgery charges are based on reports she created about tests that were never conducted.

And then she has the nerve to say this in front of the judge:

“I really did not do this intentionally to ever hurt anyone.”

Infuriating.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago
"I'm sorry for anyone I ever hurt. I really did not do this intentionally to ever hurt anyone."

Oh, so you did it unintentionally, too bad think it over for the next 15 years

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    4 years ago

This is horrifying. Do we think this is the only place where this is happening in this country? 

I really did not do this intentionally to ever hurt anyone

Then why did she do it? Insanity?

The only thing I can think, so far, is that maybe this lady didn't want to have to pay actual doctors to do the work, so she just cut and pasted, and pocketed the fees from the county.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 years ago

Why did she do it is my question as well.  Makes me wonder what the other bad things she says she has done are, and if they are prosecutable.  Needles in the Halloween candy?  Peeing in the work coffee pot?  Hopefully she hasn’t poisoned any husbands with antifreeze or eye drops.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.1    4 years ago
Why did she do it is my question as well.  

In our society... when someone does something evil, the most probable motive is... money, of course.