╌>

People we should be extra thankful for this Thanksgiving

Category:  News & Politics

By:  dig  •  4 years ago  •  10 comments

Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare workers.

Farm workers.

People working at food banks, and everyone who donates to them.

If anyone ever wants proof that stock markets aren't good measures of the real economy, then present demand at food banks — with the Dow hitting 30,000 this week — is it.

original

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dig
Professor Participates
1  author  Dig    4 years ago

Here's hoping everyone had a good, but safe holiday today.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2  igknorantzrulz    4 years ago

Peep hole need bee mindful that the stock buzz is knot tied to the majority of minorities, as irregardless of color, race, or creed, 

our country suffers when some's g-o-d  ,  A-G-R-E-E-D ore N-O-T  becomes the irony of how monetary magnetism becomes the astigmatism causing peep holes to be obscured, as open doors are for the few, and windows of opportunity are for throwing out the bath water, BABY

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving.  Hope everybody is safe and well.  Currently fighting a turkey coma, myself.

Dig
Professor Participates
3.1  author  Dig  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3    4 years ago

I had a bit of a gobble wobble going on earlier, but now I'm good and enjoying a big piece of chocolate fudge pudding pie with extra creamy Cool Whip on top.

jrSmiley_101_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Dig @3.1    4 years ago

Just finishing the cup of coffee I had with my slice of cheesecake, so I'm waking back up a bit.

Chocolate fudge pudding pie sounds pretty good.

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    4 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving! I will say it. I am grateful for many, many people who have helped with this pandemic and vaccine, with the election results, and with the end of police street killings, in general. I am glad that climate change will soon be engaged, our government has decided against continuing on under a lunatic 'leader,' and a selfless leader is standing in the presidential wings.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     4 years ago

Many of us are having a good Thanksgiving but as shown in the article a hell of a lot of people aren't and many are struggling to survive. 

The virus is devastating hundreds of communities and health care workers are at the breaking point. Many essential workers are making minimum wage at best and they are at heightened risk every day.

I spoke to my relatives and friends in northern MN today. They are on lockdown and the virus is devastating our community and the governor has sent in National Guard nurses to help battle the virus. 

I am thankful to the front line health care workers, the essential workers that we never think about. The poll workers and those that counted ballots in the trying of circumstances to have an election that exceeded all expectations. 

Usually, our group AIM (American Indian Movement) sponsors a Thanksgiving Dinner for vets. Because of the pandemic, we didn't do it this year but we made up hundreds of boxes of food for vets, their families, or anyone that need some help. This year was especially hard for many people. Hopefully, we eased it a bit for them. 

It did make me sit back and think that in a country that bills itself as the greatest country on earth why we have millions of hungry people, people without jobs, without health insurance. Perhaps we can change direction and answer these questions. 

Gakina awiiya (we are all related)

Freewill
Junior Quiet
6  Freewill    4 years ago

Each other.

JBB
Professor Principal
7  JBB    4 years ago

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

It is good to take stock of those of us who have and to remember those who are not and not just look away. 

We should be thankful for those that are still with us during the pandemic and to take care of everyone as if they were our family because they are.