╌>

Stocks Market: MindMed Announces the Start of the First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  14 comments

By:   MindMed Inc.

Stocks Market: MindMed Announces the Start of the First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD
President of MindMed, Dr. Miri Halperin Wernli added, "I believe that when LSD and MDMA are taken together they have exceptional potential to open a window into our mind which will awaken it to new levels of awareness by changing the fluidity of the ‌state‌ ‌of‌ ‌consciousness, amplifying‌ ‌changed‌ ‌perceptions,‌ ‌intensifying ‌emotions‌, ‌and‌ stimulating ‌novel‌ ‌thoughts. It is like a gateway to a multidimensional universe.‌"

Full: Disclosure: I own shares of MMEDF. 

Disclaimer: Nothing in this seed is meant to be a recommendation to buy or sell any stock. Purchase of stocks is risky and may result in the loss of part or all of your invested capital.

RELATED:

Update: Since it's achieved a listing on the NASDAQ, the symbol has been changed to MNMD.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

MindMed company logo

BASEL, Switzerland Jan. 20, 2021  /PRNewswire/ -- MindMed (NEO: MMED), (OTCQB:  MMEDF ), (DE: MMQ), a leading psychedelic medicine biotech company, announced today the start of the first ever clinical trial measuring and evaluating MDMA and LSD used in combination in the human body. The trial will be conducted at the University Hospital Basel Liechti Lab, in  Basel, Switzerland .

If administered in combination with LSD, MDMA may increase positive subjective drug effects, including positive mood and empathy, and reduce the negative emotions and anxiety that are sometimes associated with LSD - producing an overall more positive experience.

MindMed is undertaking a Phase 1 clinical trial to evaluate if MDMA, when balanced and used in combination with LSD, can help offset some of the known potential unpleasant effects of LSD that occur in therapy or clinical settings. MindMed is interested in understanding how to balance both MDMA and LSD in a cohesive way to create better patient outcomes, and develop more advanced psychedelic assisted therapies, as MindMed expands both its R&D and commercial drug development pipeline. The study is anticipated to take around one year to complete.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

BASEL, Switzerland  ,   Jan. 20, 2021   /PRNewswire/ -- MindMed (NEO: MMED), (OTCQB:    MMEDF  ), (DE: MMQ), a leading psychedelic medicine biotech company, announced today the start of the first ever clinical trial measuring and evaluating MDMA and LSD used in combination in the human body.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

If administered in combination with LSD, MDMA may increase positive subjective drug effects, including positive mood and empathy, and reduce the negative emotions and anxiety that are sometimes associated with LSD - producing an overall more positive experience.

There have already been studies indicating positive effects of certain Hallucinogens. (IIRC they have beenshown to be highly effective in easing symptoms of PTSD).

The challenge now, however, is to find a way to keep the clinical benefits but without having the product "getting the user 'high' ". (This has already been accomplished with Cannabis, but it will probably be a while before this can be accomplished with Hallucinogenic substances)

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

MindMed is undertaking a Phase 1 clinical trial to evaluate if MDMA, when balanced and used in combination with LSD, can help offset some of the known potential unpleasant effects of LSD that occur in therapy or clinical settings.

MindMed is interested in understanding how to balance both MDMA and LSD in a cohesive way to create better patient outcomes, and develop more advanced psychedelic assisted therapies, as MindMed expands both its R&D and commercial drug development pipeline.

The study is anticipated to take around one year to complete.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    3 years ago

Gee Krishna---------I can not resist this bait to go completely off topic......But.....I am assuming the market for this product may have the most potential when it is also available with ( the high ) aspect for the disillusioned Q and MAGA folk?  Could I be wrong?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @4    3 years ago

Yes, you could be wrong.

OTOH...maybe you're right! jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Krishna @4.1    3 years ago

Deserves a bit of pondering, doesn't it?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.1    3 years ago
Deserves a bit of pondering, doesn't it?

Well as most of the MAGA-terrorists are obviously pretty unstable to begin with, my gue sis that most of them are already heavy drug users and alcoholics.  

Probably those sorts of nutcases are big users of Meth? (Well, the ones with money may be Coke addicts..).

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Actually the main legitimate medicinal benefit discovered so far seems to be for PTSD. 

MDMA (now more commonly known as "Ecstasy" or "XTC") was called ecstasy for a reason. When you're high you do feel exstatic...often euphoric!. So its great for anxiety, and more serious things like PTSD.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5    3 years ago

IIRC, this is due to certain neurotransmitters:

What is MDMA?

3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine   (MDMA) is a synthetic drug that alters mood and perception (awareness of surrounding objects and conditions). It is chemically similar to both stimulants and hallucinogens, producing feelings of increased energy, pleasure, emotional warmth, and distorted sensory and time perception.

MDMA was initially popular in the nightclub scene and at all-night dance parties ("raves"), but the drug now affects a broader range of people who more commonly call the drug Ecstasy or Molly. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1    3 years ago

The 3 neurotransmitters:

How doe s MDMA affect the brain?

MDMA increases the activity of three brain chemicals:

Dopamine —produces increased energy/activity and acts in the reward system to reinforce behaviors

Norepinephrine —increases heart rate and blood pressure, which are particularly risky for people with heart and blood vessel problems

Serotonin —affects mood, appetite, sleep, and other functions. It also triggers hormones that affect sexual arousal and trust. The release of large amounts of serotonin likely causes the emotional closeness, elevated mood, and empathy felt by those who use MDMA.

Serotonin makes you feel really mellow, calm and happy! I believe that Norepinephrine is an upper, very energizing, and its its that plus the Dopamine that makes it ideal for raves.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5    3 years ago
you do feel ecstatic...often euphoric!

Well I don't know if what I've been feeling since I bought the stock could be called exactly "euphoric"-- but at times I've felt, say...perhaps...a bit ecstatic.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Oh-- I "inadvertently" forgot to mention my cost basis-- its 35 jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
7  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Next up?

Maybe Silver... Heh jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
8  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Update: Since it's achieved a listing on the NASDAQ, the symbol has been changed to MNMD.