╌>

Kayleigh McEnany joins Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  larry-hampton  •  3 years ago  •  27 comments

By:   Dylan Byers (NBC News)

Kayleigh McEnany joins Fox News
Former White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany will officially join Fox News as an on-air commentator, the network announced Tuesday.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

March 2, 2021, 4:15 PM UTC / Updated March 2, 2021, 6:41 PM UTC By Dylan Byers

Former White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany will officially join Fox News as an on-air commentator, the network announced Tuesday.

The news, which was announced by Fox News host Harris Faulkner, comes after weeks during which the network had equivocated about McEnany's role at the network.

"It is my distinct pleasure to welcome Kayleigh McEnany to the Fox family," Faulkner said. "We will be seeing much more of her."

A spokesperson for Fox News declined to comment beyond Faulkner's statements.

McEnany, a former CNN contributor, was a spokesperson for Trump's 2020 re-election campaign and took on the role of White House press secretary last spring. She told reporters as she took the job: "I will never lie to you."

That promise quickly became the subject of criticism, as McEnany routinely defended and promoted misleading statements made by then-President Donald Trump. McEnany proved to be one of Trump's most ardent defenders during the election, with Fox News at one point cutting away from a press conference she held in early November in which she pushed false claims of voting irregularities.

McEnany is the latest person to walk through the revolving door between Fox News and the Trump White House: Sarah Sanders, another former press secretary, joined Fox News before leaving to eye a run for Arkansas governor. Larry Kudlow, Trump's former economic director, recently joined Fox Business Network where he hosts his own show. Hope Hicks, Trump's longtime communications director, also joined Fox News' parent company, Fox Corp., in 2018 to serve as its executive vice president and chief communications officer. She later returned to the Trump White House.

While Fox News was a bastion of pro-Trump rhetoric during his presidency, the two sides had a falling out during the 2020 election after the cable news channel declared Joe Biden the winner in Arizona ahead of other media outlets and refused to wholly embrace his campaign to cast doubt on the integrity of the election. Several on-air personalities did embrace that conspiracy, and are now named in a lawsuit against the company.

Despite breaking from the president then, the network has continued to try to shore up support among his base at a time when it faces competition from smaller and more extreme competitors, most notably Newsmax and One America News Network. Its primetime stars consistently hammer Democrats and progressives, stoke the nation's culture wars and offer a platform for falsehoods and conspiracy theories. In January, Fox News extended its opinion programming into the 7 p.m. ET hour.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Larry Hampton    3 years ago

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    3 years ago

She's hot!  jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1  Hallux  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

Sounds like you're hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
2.1.1  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Hallux @2.1    3 years ago

Roger Ailes would be so proud.

I'm sure he's rolling over in his grave that he can't be there to insist on her wardrobe, as well as "mentor" her...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Larry Hampton @2.1.1    3 years ago

Have you seen the movie "Bombshell"? John Lithgow plays Roger Ailes very well

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
2.1.3  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.2    3 years ago

Nope, not yet, though it does look good. 

I'm backlogged on my streaming big time lol!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Hallux @2.1    3 years ago

You say that like it would be a bad thing.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
2.2  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

Which is completely foiled by the ugliness inside.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

I've seen hotter trash on the sidewalk in Little Rock in July

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.3    3 years ago

There's no accounting for poor taste . . . . . . 

Hallux
Masters Principal
3  Hallux    3 years ago

Kayleigh went for the bucks, neither Newsmax nor One America News Network can afford what she was asking.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

Sure she did, why not?

Not a thing wrong with making a living!

Hallux
Masters Principal
3.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    3 years ago

Never said there was. May she hear ka-ching for many years to come.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

Maybe Newsmax and One America are looking for more credibility because their credibility is in the shitter

Ender
Professor Principal
3.3  Ender  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

One of those two would have been my first thought.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    3 years ago
The network announced Tuesday that McEnany, a career liar, is now a paid contributor. Newsroom staffers, who’ve faced “purges” in recent months, are none too pleased.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
4.1  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Split Personality @4    3 years ago

Fox news made the decision last year to cut down on their news, and hike up the opinion.

Their "Brain Room" (jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif ) was slashed by at least a quarter, while the opinion segments continue to grow.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
4.2  Duck Hawk  replied to  Split Personality @4    3 years ago

this should really improve Fox's ratings.  jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Duck Hawk @4.2    3 years ago
  • A federal judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit against Fox News after lawyers for the network argued that no "reasonable viewer" would take the network's primetime star Tucker Carlson seriously.
  • The former Playboy model Karen McDougal filed a defamation suit against Fox alleging that Carlson slandered her during a December 2018 episode of his show, "Tucker Carlson Tonight."
  • The network asked a judge to dismiss the case, arguing that "Carlson's statements were not statements of fact and that she failed adequately to allege actual malice."
  • The judge agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."
  • Carlson has long made racist and controversial statements as a primetime host on Fox News and has lost several advertisers because of it.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.2.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Split Personality @4.2.1    3 years ago

Ya gotta love it!

''We're innocent because no sensible person would ever believe anything we say!''

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
5  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

And the people bowed and prayed... to the neon god they'd made...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Bob Nelson @5    3 years ago
And the people bowed and prayed... to the neon god they'd made...

And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming

And the sign said, "The words of the Donald"
Are written on the Capital walls
And Capital halls
And whispered in the sounds of violence...

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Bob Nelson @5    3 years ago

Good song.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    3 years ago

I think I'm going to have a heart attack and die from "Not Surprised."

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     3 years ago

I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya. I could never have imagined her joining FOX.../s

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

Perfect fit she's used to "FAKE NEWS" she'll fit right in !