╌>

Trump Mocked Michelle Obama's Looks at RNC Mar-a-Lago Event

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  26 comments

By:   colbyhall (Mediaite)

Trump Mocked Michelle Obama's Looks at RNC Mar-a-Lago Event
In an RNC-sanctioned speech at Mar-a-Lago this weekend, former President Donald Trump commented on the appearance of former First Lady Michelle Obama which drew notable laughter from the assembled guests. according to a recent Washington Post report which was based on leaked audio of the speech. According to early reports from the New York Times […]

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Colby HallApr 13th, 2021, 10:58 am

Screen-Shot-2021-04-13-at-10.29.11-AM-1200x785.jpg

In an RNC-sanctioned speech at Mar-a-Lago this weekend, former President Donald Trump commented on the appearance of former First Lady Michelle Obama which drew notable laughter from the assembled guests. according to a recent Washington Post report which was based on leaked audio of the speech.

According to early reports from the New York Times and the Washington Post , Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell bore the brunt of Trump's insult comedian schtick, but we now know that the former First Lady also was ostensibly mocked.

The moment came during a familiar harangue about Georgia's voting rights and his repeated lie about a stolen election. As WaPo's Aaron Blake reports:

But in prosecuting that grievance, Trump made a somewhat uncharacteristic comment about Michelle Obama — of whom he has often steered clear — while also using her husband's middle name in a suggestive way.

"Oprah Winfrey camped out in Atlanta" in support of Kemp's 2018 opponent Stacey Abrams, Trump claimed, wrongly saying that Winfrey was there for "months."

Trump added: "Barack Hussein Obama and the very beautiful Michelle Obama were there for … "

At this point, the audience laughed uproariously. Michelle Obama's appearance has often served as a punchline in some portions of the conservative Internet.

Blake is correct in pinpointing the root of Trump's joke. Michelle Obama's appearance has been a frequent target of derision in conservative Internet circles, and many racist memes and allegations over the past 10 years have been posted and deleted from numerous social media platforms.

Trump's defenders will almost certainly defend his comments by simply noting that it was intended as a compliment. But the laughter from the comment—from assembled RNC donors and influencers—reveals that it was received as a joke at the expense of First Lady Obama.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Trump is a petty, insecure , narcissistic asshole. 

And yet millions of Americans admire him, perhaps many millions. 

Doesnt say much for our country. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

That doesn't say much for those who admire the petty insecure narcissistic asshole.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

He's a shit.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2    3 years ago

A really big fat piece of

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Easily one of the most insecure people I have ever seen. I mean, if he is the kind of guy who would start throwing elbows in a pickup game of basketball (lol, like he has the energy to even pick up the ball) with a group of 8 year olds. EVERYTHING is personal for him.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.3.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.3    3 years ago

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

I have despised the asswipe since he first got nominated.

But ya gotta admit, she is fucking ugly

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.1  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.4    3 years ago

It's an opinion and everyone has one.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

173208458_999939543875439_1410296077923617331_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=zbOF5kWa01kAX-BXQSZ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&tp=7&oh=98d0a201eb211db1707a352fc6f8303e&oe=609C8236

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago

That is funny. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2  Kavika   replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago

Look at the POS standing next to Trump. Scott and Trump matching assholes.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @2.2    3 years ago

2 peas in a white collar criminal pod.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago

Reminds of when someone unexpectedly shows up at Christmas and a hastily wrapped gift appears for them ten minutes later.  Usually a spare gift card or maybe an unopened bag of nuts or a least favorite bottle of wine from the wine tree.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago

Lol what the fuck? I am pretty sure if you gave him a ”World’s Best Dad” mug and he would no shit believe it was an actual award that he won.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.4    3 years ago
if you gave him a ”World’s Best Dad” mug and he would no shit believe it was an actual award that he won.

Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.4.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.4.1    3 years ago

I honestly don’t know, never really watched the show. Just can’t stand Jerry Seinfeld’s voice tbh. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.5  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago

Ol donald looks like he is about 100 in that pic.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 years ago

172591688_10226214526176407_7875780757130851413_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ZLXIOW4tLSYAX84bSPr&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=23320f0e1ee4042e5f228f0e3945614b&oe=609C2FB3

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1  pat wilson  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago

Those ladies are stylin' !!  Hahahahahahahahahaha

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  pat wilson @3.1    3 years ago

I bet they wish trumpturd would grab their . . . . . . . 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    3 years ago
I bet they wish trumpturd would grab their . . . . . . . 

stupid looking sunglasses?

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.2    3 years ago

I'd wear them.

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    3 years ago

Michelle Obama is beautiful, isn't she? And, she was part of a very 'beautiful' eight year presidency. Go Michelle!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @4    3 years ago

You bet your big toe she's beautiful.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 years ago

My stubbed hallux agrees.