╌>

NASA Updates Live Coverage of Agency’s SpaceX Crew-1 Return to Earth

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  dig  •  3 years ago  •  2 comments

NASA Updates Live Coverage of Agency’s SpaceX Crew-1 Return to Earth

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

NASA’s SpaceX Crew-1 mission with NASA astronauts Michael Hopkins, Victor Glover, and Shannon Walker, and Soichi Noguchi of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) is now targeting a return to Earth at 11:36 a.m. EDT Saturday, May 1, in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Florida. The Crew Dragon spacecraft, named Resilience, is scheduled to undock from the International Space Station at 5:55 p.m. Friday, April 30, to begin the journey home.

NASA and SpaceX agreed to move Crew-1’s undocking and splashdown from Wednesday, April 28, following a review of forecast weather conditions in the splashdown zones off the coast of Florida, which currently predict wind speeds above the recovery criteria. Teams will continue to monitor weather conditions for splashdown ahead of Friday’s planned undocking.

The return to Earth – and activities leading up to the return – will air live on NASA Television, the NASA App, and the agency’s website. 

Full Press Release

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dig
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Dig    3 years ago

They moved it to Saturday, if anyone was planning to DVR it.

It'll be an Apollo-style descent in a capsule, with parachutes and a splashdown. Only the second manned attempt for SpaceX. Hopefully they'll have better security at the splashdown site this time. The first one last summer was quickly surrounded by civilian boats that got in the way of the recovery operation.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

LOL when I first saw this and the Saturday splashdown. I still thought they were about to undock and the first thing I said to myself was, "What the hell, are they walking home" 

Duuu

Lol ..  I guess it pays to investigate further. 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif