╌>

Billie Eilish Defends Vogue Cover Shoot: 'Suddenly You're a Hypocrite if You Want to Show Your Skin'

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  6 comments

By:   Jeremy Fuster (MSN)

Billie Eilish Defends Vogue Cover Shoot: 'Suddenly You're a Hypocrite if You Want to Show Your Skin'
"Showing your body…should not take any respect away from you," she says in wide-ranging interview Pop star Billie Eilish left her trademark baggy outfits at home and opted for an ultra-sexy, revealing look at her curves for a British Vogue lingerie cover shoot, a choice for which she expects to be a deemed a "hypocrite." In a candid interview with Vogue, Eilish opened up about gender power dynamics, her devotion to keeping control of her own...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

e151e5.gif © TheWrap Billie Eilish Vogue "Showing your body…should not take any respect away from you," she says in wide-ranging interview

BB1gihRo.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=464&y=122

Pop star Billie Eilish left her trademark baggy outfits at home and opted for an ultra-sexy, revealing look at her curves for a British Vogue lingerie cover shoot, a choice for which she expects to be a deemed a "hypocrite."

In a candid interview with Vogue, Eilish opened up about gender power dynamics, her devotion to keeping control of her own image and her decision to work with Vogue to create a series of photos of her in a classic pin-up style, the antithesis of her brand. She fully expects to be called a hypocrite in some corners for choosing to do such a provocative shoot while speaking out against abusive men with songs like "Your Power."

"'You're going to complain about being taken advantage of as a minor, but then you're going to show your boobs?' Yes I am, motherf-er!" she exclaimed to Vogue's Laura Snapes. "I'm going to because there's no excuse."

"Suddenly you're a hypocrite if you want to show your skin, and you're easy and you're a slut and you're a whore. If I am, then I'm proud. Me and all the girls are hoes, and f— it, y'know? Let's turn it around and be empowered in that," she said. "Showing your body and showing your skin — or not — should not take any respect away from you."

The colorful, loose attire she's worn since first exploding into the pop world with "Bad Guy" led her to become seen as an antidote to the image of the sexually provocative pop star, a reputation that she says was something that she never personally pushed for. Just like the Vogue shoot, Eilish has always shaped her image for her own personal interests. That includes her decision to wear a corset in the shoot, arguably the most intensely debated article of women's clothing for centuries.

In the interview, Eilish brings up a hypothetical question she expects to be leveled towards her: "'If you're about body positivity, why would you wear a corset? Why wouldn't you show your actual body?'" she says, foreseeing the comments she'll receive about the photos.

"My thing is that I can do whatever I want," she says. "It's all about what makes you feel good. If you want to get surgery, go get surgery. If you want to wear a dress that somebody thinks that you look too big wearing, f— it. If you feel like you look good, you look good."

The latest edition of British Vogue will be released on May 7. Meanwhile, you can check out additional photos on British Vogue's Instagram page by clicking here.

Continue ReadingShow full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. Microsoft and partners may be compensated if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Am I imagining things or does this girl looked drugged ?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
Am I imagining things or does this girl looked drugged ?

Her message of "Your Power" seems to be that even if a girl is wearing sexy lingerie and looks drugged she's still a human and not some piece of meat to be used and abused. Show some respect and restraint. Men who victim blame or claim the women were "asking for it" because they were wearing a short skirt should be ashamed of themselves. A real man wouldn't let someone else's dress determine their decorum.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    3 years ago

I didnt comment on her status as a human being, I said she looks drugged. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago
I said she looks drugged. 

She does look high, but that's even when she's all covered up in a parka like she usually is.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

She always looks that way far as I can tell.

Actually reminds me of a friend of mine, I swear he was on the spectrum big time, no idea how he made it through boot.

Anyways, we met a group of buddies at a bar and I told him to go up and grab us a couple drinks. He came back a couple minutes later and I was like “what the hell dude, nothing?” And he responded “well... I tried to order but they told me I have had enough already.”

We were stone cold sober, hand’t had a drop yet. That fuckin guy.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    3 years ago
a choice for which she expects to be a deemed a "hypocrite."

She seems like a good person, from what I have seen - and pretty level-headed with strong family support.

But there are so many people focused on every little thing she does. There is always someone ready to attack her for just being her own person. If for just one day, she doesn’t live up to their image of what that should look like, they lose their minds.