╌>

Walmart, Costco, Trader Joe's, Disney World drop some mask requirements, others reviewing guidance

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  33 comments

By:   Audrey Conklin (Fox Business)

Walmart, Costco, Trader Joe's, Disney World drop some mask requirements, others reviewing guidance
Retailers are moving to drop or review mask mandates after the Centers for Disease Control announced Thursday that fully vaccinated Americans no longer need to wear masks indoors or outdoors.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Major retailers are moving to drop or review COVID-19 mask mandates after the Centers for Disease Control announced Thursday that fully vaccinated Americans no longer need to wear masks indoors or outdoors.

Trader Joe's updated its COVID-19 guidance Friday, saying those who are fully vaccinated — meaning they have waited to two weeks after getting their second shots — can enter the grocery stores without masks in light of the news.

"We will trust our customers and not request or require proof of vaccination," a Trader Joe's spokesperson told FOX Business in a statement when asked whether the grocery store will require customers to show vaccination documentation.

Publix announced Friday that it will no longer require fully vaccinated customers or associates to wear masks in line with the CDC unless required by state or local mandates.

"In accordance with CDC guidelines, individuals who are not fully vaccinated are required to use face coverings over their noses and mouths while inside any Publix store," the grocery store chain said in a press release.

Shoppers make their way through Costco in Idaho Falls, Idaho during its opening day on Friday, August 14, 2020. (John Roark/The Idaho Post-Register via AP)

Costco will not require masks for fully vaccinated customers to wear masks indoors, aside from indoor health care settings, in places with no local mask requirements.

"In Costco locations where the state or local jurisdiction does not have a mask mandate, we will allow members and guests who are fully vaccinated to enter Costco without a face mask or face shield. We will not require proof of vaccination, but we ask for members' responsible and respectful cooperation with this revised policy," a Friday letter to members reads.

Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, will no longer require visitors to wear masks in outdoor areas starting Saturday after Orange County lifted some COVID-19 restrictions earlier this week.

"Please bring your own face coverings and wear them in all indoor locations, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distancing," Disney World's updated COVID-19 guidelines read. "Face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas at Walt Disney World Resort, but are still required upon entering and throughout all attractions, theaters and transportation."

Guests wear masks at Disney's Animal Kingdom during an annual passholder preview Thursday, July 9, 2020 in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (Kathleen Christiansen/Orlando Sentinel via AP)

Walmart and Sam's Club issued new guidance on Monday for employees in "all facilities, including our stores, clubs, distribution centers, fulfillment centers and offices."

"…Based on the latest CDC guidance, fully vaccinated associates will not need to wear a mask at work starting Tuesday, May 18," the company's website says.

Target, CVS, Gap, Macy's, Ulta and Walgreens are reviewing the CDC's new guidance as they consider their mask policies, according to reports.

Home Depot, Harris Teeter, Kroger, and Whole Foods are still requiring masks for everyone.

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky announced during a Thursday White House COVID-19 press briefing that people who have received both vaccine doses need not wear masks indoors or outdoors or physically distance themselves from others.

Fully vaccinated individuals are still advised to wear masks while in crowded indoor settings such as while on public transportation and in hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters, according to the CDC.

Immunocompromised individuals should consult a physician before giving up masks, Walensky said Thursday, warning that if the country's case counts go back up the guidance could change.

Other large retail stores including Target, CVS, Home Depot and Harris Teeter still require customers to wear masks as they review the new CDC guidance, according to reports.

The move from Trader Joe's represents a shift toward pre-pandemic-style life as more people are vaccinated and COVID-19 cases drop across the country.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

A bit of good news amid the general malaise.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Get your vaccine e people so we can finally be done with all this shit.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2    3 years ago

The best way to get them to wear them is to demonstrate that getting the vaccine actually means something. After many months the CDC finally told us the truth we needed to hear.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 years ago

After many months the CDC finally told us the truth we needed to hear.

It wasn't the truth, many months ago Vic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.1    3 years ago

Tell us what happened between the time the first group of people was completely vaccinated and the CDC finally admitted that the vaccinated didn't need a mask when out doors?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    3 years ago
Tell us what happened between the time the first group of people was completely vaccinated and the CDC finally admitted that the vaccinated didn't need a mask when out doors?

More people got vaccinated.  Duh.......

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.3    3 years ago

What happened that caused the damn CDC to suddenly arrive at the logical conclusion that it was safe for the vaccinated to shed their masks?

Why are these educated over paid bureaucrats lying to us?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    3 years ago

The answer may lie right here.......................political pressure and they don't want to be pressured into going further in the hole.........

A poll performed in January by Data for Progress , a progressive polling group, found that 65 percent of Americans support the idea of $2,000 monthly direct payments until the pandemic is over - 41 percent "strongly support" the idea and 24 percent "somewhat support" it. The proposal also has widespread support among economic experts, with 156 top economists penning an open letter in July 2020 urging policymakers to make recurring direct payments until the economy recovers. Meanwhile, a Change.org petition calling for Congress to disburse regular checks through the duration of the coronavirus crisis has received more than 2 million signatures. Specifically, the petition calls for a $2,000 payment for adults and a $1,000 payment for children.

So now, with the mandates being gone, are they saying the pandemic is "over" for political and fiscal expedience? Once again they let their alligator mouth overload their hummingbird ass. Even they realized maybe it's time to stop with the payouts and are waking up to the fact their "feelings" once again betrayed their good "intentions".................as it always goes.

Sad shit.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.5    3 years ago

That was the answer then and:

So now, with the mandates being gone, are they saying the pandemic is "over" for political and fiscal expedience?

Yes, they are saying it now because we have hit the point where there is resistance to getting a vaccine, so is time to tell the truth - if you get vaccinated you can finally, at long last, shed the mask!  They have inadvertently ousted the "mask cult!"  And It's about time!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    3 years ago
What happened that caused the damn CDC to suddenly arrive at the logical conclusion that it was safe for the vaccinated to shed their masks?

I will repeat myself, more people got vaccinated.  Duh.......

You seem to have issues understanding that.

Why are these educated over paid bureaucrats lying to us?

You are going to have to specify these perceived "lies".

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.5    3 years ago
So now, with the mandates being gone

Mandates are not gone, they have been updated to current conditions.

Why do so many right wingers only see in black and white???

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.7    3 years ago
I will repeat myself, more people got vaccinated.  Duh.......

It doesn't matter. If only one person got vaccinated - that one person is protected from the virus!   

DUH....

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.9    3 years ago
It doesn't matter. If only one person got vaccinated - that one person is protected from the virus!

So, every vaccine is 100% effective in your black and white world?

And everybody is 100% protected from that vaccinated person in that world?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.10    3 years ago

It sounds like you are in love with the masks. I have bad news for you and everyone on the left. The administration is willing to give that symbol up in order to convince people the vaccine is safe. Logic and common sense has prevailed over leftist dogma.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.11    3 years ago
It sounds like you are in love with the masks.

So you have no response, so decided to make it personal.  LOLOL!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.12    3 years ago

I gave you a response. Shall I make it crystal clear?

The sudden change in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s mask advice has undermined the administration’s claim to be governed at all times by data and facts. Most people have now learned what some of us knew all along: that pious claims about “following the science” were just plain bull shit. We’d been told for four months that vaccinations don’t necessarily protect against viral transmission. The CDC’s director warned a few weeks ago about “impending doom.” The president said “neanderthal thinking” drove governors to lift mandates.

Suddenly, everything has changed—except for federal mask mandates, which officials suddenly began to ease on Monday.

There can only be one reason for that - we now face resistance to the vaccine, so it's time to end the virtue signaling and tell the truth. Monday was like a breathe of fresh air!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

I am fully vaccinated but will continue to mask outside of my home.  I would rather be cautious than to become one of those who still came down with the CV despite their also having been inoculated.

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1  Veronica  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    3 years ago

I am with you on this.  I plan to wear my mask in public for the foreseeable future.  Not to mention our state has not relaxed the restrictions yet, but even more important my employer requires them & as a hospital I do not know how long that will be.  I just don't get the people that rag on those that choose to wear masks .  What's it to them?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Veronica @3.1    3 years ago

Me too, I'll continue wearing my mask indoors. It's not a big deal to rational people. 

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Veronica  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    3 years ago

And how would we know if a fellow customer has been vaccinated or not?  In my case I have to be extra cautious for my daughter's sake.  She is still in doubt if they will allow her to be vaccinated due to her disorder.  I am not willing to take the chance with her health.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    3 years ago

I don't wear one inside as I live alone with 3 cats and have very few visitors, if any.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Veronica @3.1.2    3 years ago

You won't know so extra precautions (masks) are logical.

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Veronica  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.3    3 years ago

Where you live?  I'll visit...

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.6  Veronica  replied to  Kavika @3.1.4    3 years ago

I fully intend to stay masked in public.  I have also noticed that since masks became mandatory in NYS I have had less colds...look at the good side of things folks.  Makes life easier.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Veronica @3.1.5    3 years ago

So Calif.

Veronica
Professor Guide
3.1.8  Veronica  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.7    3 years ago

Damn...won't be making that trip for a few years. My sister and I will be driving down the West Coast in 2024.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Veronica @3.1.8    3 years ago

It was sweet of you to offer, thank you.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    3 years ago

I had Covid last fall and both shots since. I will wear the mask from now on only when requested or required

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago
I will wear the mask from now on only when requested or required

And that is a very admiral thing to do.  You may not agree with some of the mask mandates still in effect, but you are willing to follow those rules.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1    3 years ago

I totally agree.

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.2  shona1  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

Morning Greg..that is exactly what we have been doing here for months now. Only on public transport and hospitals and if you can't distance from others do you need to wear it.

We are virtually virus free in all of Australia at the moment and manage to stamp out any outbreaks. It is basically common sense when to wear it. And we certainly don't get bent out of shape if someone wants to wear a mask and it is not required.

It is their freedom of choice and it is respected...

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    3 years ago

In my area, they're still mandated indoors in public... unless fully vaccinated, but no one is asking for proof either... I'll wear my masks indoors in public [not my own home or car, that's silly] until my household is vaccinated. My daughter's last day of school is today [she finished all of her finals as of today] and she's going out of town for 6 days, so upon her return, I will make the appointments for all of us. jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg