╌>

Protester fires back at suspect shooting outside women's clinic, saves woman's life

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  45 comments

By:   Nicole Acevedo (MSN)

Protester fires back at suspect shooting outside women's clinic, saves woman's life
He absolutely saved this young lady's life," San Antonio, Texas, police spokesman Chris Ramos said. "He did something a reasonable person would do.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A protester saved the life of a woman who was shot at as she walked into a San Antonio, Texas, women's clinic on Saturday morning, police said.

© Provided by NBC News

Officers responded to gunfire outside of women's reproductive health clinic around 8:30 a.m. CT. While no one was injured, authorities discovered several gunshots to the Alamo Women's Reproductive Services building.

Protesters who were standing outside the clinic witnessed the shooting, San Antonio police spokesman Chris Ramos said in a press conference. One of them was armed and opened fire on the suspected gunman, who fled the scene, he said.

Authorities don't know if he was wounded as a result of the protester's intervention. The protester had a permit to carry a concealed handgun, according to Ramos.

"He absolutely saved this young lady's life," he said. "He did something a reasonable person would do and he saw someone engaged in a shooting and he stepped in and intervened and stopped that shooting from occurring."

While police were canvassing the area to look for the suspected shooter, they found a gun they believe he used in the incident, Ramos said.

Police are investigating the shooting as a possible domestic violence incident because the woman and the alleged gunman know each other.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

Sounds like a good guy with a gun did something good.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

Oh, Texan. Don't you know there are no good guys with guns? The  media says so!!!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

Sounds like a good guy with a gun did something good.

Sounds like they were both good guys with guns until they decided who to shoot at.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3    3 years ago
Sounds like they were both good guys with guns until they decided who to shoot at.

And then--poof--they weren't the same at all!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.1    3 years ago
And then--poof--they weren't the same at all!

So how do you decide before the shooting starts?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.2    3 years ago

why would I need to decide anything if both parties are doing nothing wrong?

Derp

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.3    3 years ago
why would I need to decide anything if both parties are doing nothing wrong?

That's the question.  Don't you want to prevent shootings?  What is the difference between a good man with a gun and a bad man with a gun, before the shooting starts.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.4    3 years ago

I don't worry incessantly over things I have no control over. Seems pointless and inane to me, so I leave it for the snowflakes to worry over.

If you choose to worry about everyone who has a gun, I bet you must live in constant fear!

I KNOW who the good guy with a gun was and what he did. Trying to belittle what the man did is silly.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.5    3 years ago
I KNOW who the good guy with a gun was and what he did.

You know after the fact.  Before the shooting started you had no clue.

Trying to belittle what the man did is silly.

What the fuck are you talking about?  Stop making shit up, I never said anything bad about what he did.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.6    3 years ago

Sorry, I can't bring myself to get all worked up because someone carries a gun.

Or to worry about everyone I meet.

You have fun though!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.7    3 years ago
Sorry, I can't bring myself to get all worked up because someone carries a gun.

And there you go again, making shit up.  Where am I worked up?  Is it just that you dislike the simple question I am answering?  Sounds to me like you are the one getting worked out.

I ask a simple question and you start accusing me of all sorts of shit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.8    3 years ago

Your question is, was and will remain inane.

You want answers, ask decent questions.

Not a soul here has said they can tell a good guy with a gun from a  bad guy with a gun until something is done.

WTF are you asking?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.9    3 years ago
Your question is, was and will remain inane.

My asking how do you tell the difference between a good man with a gun and a bad man with a gun before the shooting starts?  Seems to me like a fairly important question if you want to put a stop to all these mass shootings.  Unless you don't care about all those killed.  Is that why you feel the question is inane, you don't care?

You want answers, ask decent questions.

Is there a more important question for stopping all the mass shootings?

Not a soul here has said they can tell a good guy with a gun from a  bad guy with a gun until something is done.

Then there is no such thing as a "good guy with a gun" or a "bad guy with a gun", just a "guy with a gun".  So how do you stop the "guy with a gun" from getting a gun to turn into the "bad guy with a gun"?

WTF are you asking?

YOU are putting the labels "good" or "bad" on these people.  Unless you are claiming that the person magically becomes a bad person instantaneously upon shooting, you are ignoring the fact that this person actually planned to do what he did BEFORE THE SHOOTING.  Therefore he was a "bad man with a gun" before he shot anyone. 

So giving him a "good" or "bad" label AFTER THE FACT is disingenuous at best., dishonest at worst.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.12  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.11    3 years ago
My asking how do you tell the difference between a good man with a gun and a bad man with a gun before the shooting starts? 

Asked and answered. Move it along.

Then there is no such thing as a "good guy with a gun" or a "bad guy with a gun", just a "guy with a gun".  So how do you stop the "guy with a gun" from getting a gun to turn into the "bad guy with a gun"?

There were two guys with guns. One was bad, one wasn't. How hard is that to see?

Until a bad act happens, they are just two guys with guns. 

Go play your semantic game elsewhere or at least with someone else who might care.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.12    3 years ago
Asked and answered.

Asked and avoided, you mean.

There were two guys with guns. One was bad, one wasn't. How hard is that to see?

Impossible actually.  Under your own admission, if you saw both those many walking down the street, you would have called both of them "good guys with guns".

Until a bad act happens, they are just two guys with guns. 

But you just said one was bad.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.14  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.13    3 years ago

Look, if you don't think the guy attempting to shoot the woman was a bad guy, then there is no sense talking to you.

I explained it but can't understand it for you.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.15  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.14    3 years ago
Look, if you don't think the guy attempting to shoot the woman was a bad guy, then there is no sense talking to you.

I am starting to think that you are purposely not addressing what I am saying.

The guy shooting at the woman was a bad guy, period.  However, if you'd seen him 5 minutes before the shooting, you would have called him a "good guy".  That's why all this good guy, bad guy, is bullshit.  You can't put a label of a "good guy" on anyone, because of 1 single action he made for 1 second of his lifetime. 

How do you know your "good guy" isn't a pedophile, out looking for his next victim, when he just happened to stumble upon a situation that allowed him to legally kill someone?  That's why your "good guy" label is so much bullshit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.16  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.15    3 years ago

you imagine all sorts of things, don't you?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.16    3 years ago

you imagine all sorts of things, don't you?

No legitimate response, so straight to personal insults.  You're losing it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.18  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.17    3 years ago

You considered THAT an insult??

Whew, boy, you and AOC might have something in common--taking offense where none exists!

[deleted]

No one could tell that either man was a good guy or a bad guy until the shooting started. The man who shot at the woman was the BAD guy. The man who shot HIM was a GOOD guy.

SO, the good guy with a gun did a good thing--no matter how you slice it.

If you don't understand THAT, too bad.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.3.20  Drakkonis  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.18    3 years ago
I don't know how many MORE times I must explain this before it sinks in....but I will try one last time.

You have the patience of a Saint, my friend : ) I'd have given up a long time ago. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.21  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.20    3 years ago

I am writing it off as a lost cause.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.4  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

trumpster on trumpster crime, how tragic. not.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.4    3 years ago
trumpster on trumpster crime, how tragic. not.

Well, now, isn;t THAT some nonsensical CRAP!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

Hmm............the man who saved the woman's life was there peacefully protesting. When he saw the attack, he acted.

Damn pity that at all the "peaceful protests" in America over the last 2 years the participants weren't as helpful when looting and arson occurred amongst them.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @2    3 years ago

It was all far right wing fascists wearing false flags doing the burning and looting. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @2.1    3 years ago

Sure it was, and unicorns poop rainbows in Liberal La La Land!

LMMFAO!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  cjcold @2.1    3 years ago

It was all far right wing fascists wearing false flags doing the burning and looting. 

classic NT..... now tell us how it’s right wingers who believe in conspiracy theories to top it off.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.3    3 years ago

Of course it is nonsense.

What else do they have?

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    3 years ago

So this was at an abortion clinic ... there will be some confusion as to who the 'good guy' was, especially within the pro-life crowd.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4    3 years ago

Well, gee, some people would consider saving the life of a woman to be a good thing, but apparently you aren't one of them.

Sad and pitiful.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    3 years ago

Where did I say it was a bad thing?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4.1.1    3 years ago

Didn't have to.

That kind of silly question is very revealing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4    3 years ago

Of course, when one reads the article, one learns the dude who saved the woman was there to take part in a pro-life protest.

Amazing what one can find out by simply reading the whole article AND understanding it!

Now, do you consider him evil for protesting AND saving the woman?

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2    3 years ago

Where did I say he was evil?

Have a bad day Tex ... maybe it will help.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @4.2.1    3 years ago

I didn't say you thought he was evil. I asked you.

Pretty telling response.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Nice to see the 1% of the time someone actually does something positive with a gun. Of course the asshole committing the crime also used a gun so... yeah, guns still seem to be a big part of the problem.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5    3 years ago

Are the millions of legal, gun-owning Americans who do nothing but shoot targets or go hunting or having the gun for personal protection doing anything negative?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    3 years ago

Are the millions of legal, gun-owning Americans who do nothing but shoot targets or go hunting or having the gun for personal protection doing anything negative?

Nope, because we did it legally, our asses are on the line if we f*ck up. Simple as that.