╌>

Angelina Jolie stands perfectly still, unshowered, covered in bees for World Bee Day

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  3 comments

By:   Peter Weber (theweek)

Angelina Jolie stands perfectly still, unshowered, covered in bees for World Bee Day
the goal was to draw attention to the "urgent need to protect bees," and Jolie was previously named the "godmother" of the UNESCO program Women for Bees, which "aims to contribute to raising awareness of the importance of all bee species as pollinators."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Angelina Jolie should presumably expect a call from Jerry Seinfeld regarding a role in   Bee Movie 2   shortly.

The actress was photographed standing covered in bees for a   National Geographic   portrait released for World Bee Day on Thursday,   per   Page Six . National Geographic   said the goal was   to draw attention to the "urgent need to protect bees," and Jolie was previously named the "godmother" of the UNESCO program Women for Bees,   which   "aims to contribute to raising awareness of the importance of all bee species as pollinators."

Photographer Dan Winters   said in an Instagram description   that for the portrait, Jolie "stood perfectly still, covered in bees for 18 minutes without a sting," and the actress   explained to National Geographic   that she had to wipe herself with pheromone and "couldn't shower for three days before" the shoot because "if you have all these different scents, shampoos and perfumes and things, the bee doesn't know what you are."

angelina-jolie-.jpg

She also evidently had to "put a few things" in her nose and ears as to not "give them as many holes to climb in," though she says she still had a bit of a problem with "one that got under my dress" and "stayed there the entire time." Despite how incredibly uncomfortable that all might sound, Jolie said it "felt lovely to be connected to these beautiful creatures."

You'd be forgiven for still not quite believing the photo is actually real, so check out the behind-the-scenes of the shoot below.  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I kind of like celebrities who are willing to put their body where there mouth is so to speak. 

-

I have only been stung by a bee once in my life, I was playing touch football with a bunch of friends when it suddenly felt like I had been stabbed in the neck with a safety pin. I slapped at the area instinctively and then had a dead bee in my hand.  It wasnt a pleasant experience but since then I have as not been as concerned with bee stings as I was before because now I knew what it was like. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
I have only been stung by a bee once in my life, I was playing touch football with a bunch of friends when it suddenly felt like I had been stabbed in the neck with a safety pin. I slapped at the area instinctively and then had a dead bee in my hand.

My experience was not so pleasant.  I was 8 and never saw the hive that had fallen to the ground, as I stepped on it.  Suddenly I had a swarm around me and suffered 8 stings as I ran away crying and screaming.   Doctor advised that I had a high tolerance to the bee venom.

To this day, my 1st response to seeing a bee or wasp is sheer panic.

My 2nd response is, "kill them, kill them all".....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

Well, being deathly allergic to bees, that video freaked me out a bit. I really have to hand it to her that she could deal with it. 

That being said, we are involved with local beekeepers and keep our garden bee-friendly! We need them to survive!