╌>

They gave birth and love their children. And they want to remind you 'not all pregnant people are women.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  thrawn-31  •  3 years ago  •  25 comments

By:   Grace Hauck

They gave birth and love their children. And they want to remind you 'not all pregnant people are women.
Brady-Davis, who uses gender-neutral pronouns, is transmasculine and nonbinary.

This is getting out of hand.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Brady-Davis is just one of many transgender, nonbinary and other gender-nonconforming people worldwide who have given birth. The topic gained public attention this month when several U.S. lawmakers used the terms "pregnant people" and "birthing people" at a congressional hearing, spurring critique from colleagues and a swirl of backlash on social media.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Seriously. A couple things, when it comes to sex you are what your DNA says you are and that is the end of it. And generally only women carry the necessary equipment to effectively give birth. I don't know all that much about the anatomy of people with xxx or xxy chromosome combinations or hermaphrodites, but I do know that if you have the XY chromosome combination there is basically a 100% chance that you cannot bear children. 

Secondly, pick a fucking gender already, don't give me this nonbinary crap. If you don't want to make up your mind about what I should call you then great, I'll do it for you. If you look like a male I am going to use masculine pronouns, same goes for female, I am not going to take the time to try and remember what everyone wants to be referred to as or called other than your name. That is a way more effort than I am willing to expend. Make up your goddamn minds.

People really need to stop combining gender and sex into the same thing though, it is getting pretty damn annoying. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1  Hallux  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    3 years ago

Yes ma'am.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Hallux @1.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

I am to the point where I don't give a fuck what anyone calls me. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2  Krishna  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    3 years ago
pick a fucking gender already, don't give me this nonbinary crap.

Incidentally...this goes waaaay beyond just nonbinary! 

Here's a List of 58 Gender Options for Facebook Users

Facebook introduced dozens of options for users to identify their gender today - and although the social media giant said it would not be releasing a comprehensive list, ABC News has found at least 58 so far.

Previously, users had to identify themselves as male or female. They were also given the option of not answering or keeping their gender private.

User's can now select a "custom" gender option.

"There's going to be a lot of people for whom this is going to mean nothing, but for the few it does impact, it means the world," Facebook software engineer Brielle Harrison told the Associated Press. Harrison, who worked on the project, is in the process of gender transition, from male to female.

Facebook will also allow users to select between three pronouns: "him," "her" or "their."

The following are the 58 gender options identified by ABC News:

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Krishna @1.2    3 years ago

That is insane. This is an example of, IMO, trying to accommodate and make everyone feel comfortable going so far that it is just flat out stupid. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.2  CB  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.2.1    3 years ago

Thrawn 31, it's a 'brave new world' and for us "old-timers" - the good news is we had/have our time and our times. Thus, it's perfectly okay to let the 'youngsters' define themselves going forward. We can just look on, smile and 'agree.'

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.2.3  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  CB @1.2.2    3 years ago

Oh I am not stopping anyone, just saying I am not going along with the absurd. There has to be a certain agreed upon standard otherwise it is chaos.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.4  CB  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.2.3    3 years ago

There is a single line in a song by Depeche Mode's "Strange-Love" that sticks with me since I first learned to love the group/song:

"I give in to sin, because you have to make this life livable. "

That is what these individuals, representative numbers, collectives are trying to do - just live 40, 50, 60, 70 years or more and be somewhat in 'alignment' with it, life, and themselves.

Enjoy the song and look for the line in the song:

Depeche Mode - Strangelove (Official Video)

Note: I know it's alot to listen to a good long song to get context, but that 'line' speaks so much about life, in my opinion.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    3 years ago

I agree with you 

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    3 years ago

I say let's call people whatever they want to be called and hopefully it is not 'gross.' (Though Thrawn, at times, I do roll my eyes at some of the 'calls' out there now.) Give it a 'generation' and I can only imagine what people will want to be labeled!

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  Krishna  replied to  CB @3    3 years ago
I say let's call people whatever they want to be called and hopefully it is not 'gross.'

I've always said you can call me anything you want-- just don't call me late for dinner!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  CB @3    3 years ago

I am just not going to take the time or effort to remember what every individual wants to be called, we have the pronouns we have more or less for ease of use, so there isn't a lot or have to memorize. If anyone wants me to refer to them as her, she or whatever (same for him, he) then you better start dressing/looking like a member of that sex. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    3 years ago

I say let's call people whatever they want to be called and hopefully it is not 'gross.'

I don't give a shit what they prefer to be called

Caitlyn Jenner is still Bruce...in drag.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

Yeah, he is still Bruce Jenner. You are not gonna be Bruce Jenner for like 50 goddamn years and then all of a sudden decide that everyone has to call you Caitlyn or whatever and that you are a woman. Fuck you Bruce.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  CB  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1    3 years ago

Put yourself in her, Kaitlin's, shoes. How long do you think he wanted to be a "she"? This 'issue' goes deep down to the proverbial bone, Thrawn. I 'knew' Bruce Jenner (and the Wheaties box ad 'wins' too) I celebrated his victories. I did not know who he as inside. . . and it is still processing. . . Thrawn, in this world with that former man's ''rep' and background - this change is not easy at all!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  CB @4.1.1    3 years ago

Way too lazy and don't give enough of a shit about Bruce Jenner to make the change.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.3  CB  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1.2    3 years ago

HA!

CB
Professor Principal
4.2  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

Well, you're evidently a conservative and simply want to STOP society for you and yours benefit. On it's face, that's selfish. People live oppressed and suppressed existences simply so people like you can bask in and soak up more than their proportions in society.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5  arkpdx    3 years ago

You are either male or female. You are not assigned one or the other at birth. If you are born with outside plumbing you are male and cannot give birth to children. If your plumbing is inside you are female and  can give birth. There has never in the millions or billions of life on this planet has any higher life forms has a male given birth. Period. (Men don't have those either)

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  arkpdx @5    3 years ago

Yep, sex and gender need to stop being conflated, pure and simple. 

There has never in the millions or billions of life on this planet has any higher life forms has a male given birth. Period. (Men don't have those either)

Sorry man, I generally agree with what you said... but I gotta do this, seahorses and seadragons. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1    3 years ago

Neither one actually give birth. The mother gives birth to the eggs. Dad only takes the in a protective pouch to keep them safe but he does not give birth. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.1    3 years ago

The act of incubating and then releasing them when the time is right is giving birth. Via the scientific  understanding of giving birth male seahorses do it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    3 years ago
They were assigned female at birth but know themself to be masculine, and their gender identity falls outside the categories of man and woman.

Brady-Davis is just one of many transgender, nonbinary and other gender-nonconforming people worldwide who have given birth.

Hey, live how you want. Dress how you want. Have whatever interests or lifestyles that suit your personality. I don't care. I'm not even interested in putting a label on it, but we can call it whatever you like. However, if you produced an egg, got pregnant, and carried a human being inside you, you are a female. Full stop.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 years ago
However, if you produced an egg, got pregnant, and carried a human being inside you, you are a female. Full stop.

Yep.

CB
Professor Principal
6.2  CB  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 years ago
However, if you produced an egg, got pregnant, and carried a human being inside you, you are a female. Full stop.

Emphatically. The 'womb' is the thing. The 'organization-center' of a woman is the thing.