╌>

Boat explodes in viral video after boaters allegedly harassed vessel flying pride flags | TheHill

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  pat-wilson  •  3 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   Sarah Polus (TheHill)

Boat explodes in viral video after boaters allegedly harassed vessel flying pride flags | TheHill
According to BuzzFeed, the occupants of the burned boat swam to the boat they had been harassing for safety.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

© Twitter screenshot. (@retro_ushi_)

A boat carrying a group of people who were reportedly harassing a family for having LGBTQ+ pride flags spontaneously blew up over the weekend in Washington state, BuzzFeed News reported.

Video of the incident, which took place on Moses Lake, went viral on TikTok and Twitter after users shared it to the social media platforms.

These people harassed my family because we were flying gay pride flags in Moses Lake Washington, by racing around us and shouting gay slurs. Then, their boat literally blew up! #KarmaIsRealpic.twitter.com/cN7L74pHS6
— ️‍⚧️ℂ ℝ⭐ (@retro_ushi_) May 31, 2021

"These people harassed my family because we were flying gay pride flags," the user wrote. "Then, their boat literally blew up!"

They added the hashtag "#KarmaIsReal."

The TikTok video shows the group approaching the family's boat, with various people on board holding up their middle fingers. Their boat is then seen billowing smoke, with large flames shooting up as the passengers swim in the water with life vests on.

According to BuzzFeed, the occupants of the burned boat swam to the boat they had been harassing for safety.

The incident took place a few days before the start of Pride Month, which celebrates LGBTQ+ culture.

The person who filmed the encounter posted another video on Tuesday showing them back on the water with their rainbow flag flying.

And we're back at it again! We will not hide our #pridepic.twitter.com/Fp9rbCNVmy
— ️‍⚧️ℂ ℝ⭐ (@retro_ushi_) June 1, 2021

"And we're back at it again!" they wrote. "We will not hide our #pride."

The Grant County Sheriff's Office told BuzzFeed that the boat fire began Sunday around 7:45 p.m. local time. Authorities extinguished the fire once they arrived on the scene and towed the remains of the boat back to shore.

"As of right now, we are trying to make contact with the occupants of the vessel being circled so we can interview them to find out what happened," the sheriff's office said in a statement. "We would like to know more, and once we can interview people, we will be able to know more without relying solely on a brief video."

TagsBuzzFeedgay prideCultureLGBT priderainbow flagPride FlagWashingtonBoat

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1  seeder  pat wilson    3 years ago

No words, laughing too hard.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

Isn't karma wonderful.

LOLOLOL

Hallux
PhD Principal
3  Hallux    3 years ago

More proof that God is a woman with a sense of humor.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4  seeder  pat wilson    3 years ago

One of the rescued apparently defecated in his shorts because he was so scared.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    3 years ago

God smites the SS Bigot. Film at 11. Nice.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @5    3 years ago

The best part is they then had to sit on the “gay” boat with the “homos” they had just been insulting. I’d definitely be the guy making it as awkward as possible for them.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.1    3 years ago

Yeah, it would be hard not to troll them (figuratively) all the way back to shore. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

How much hatred must one possess to go through that much risky effort just to be an asshole to another stranger?  I wonder if they claim to be Christians?  I wouldn’t be surprised.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6    3 years ago
I wonder if they claim to be Christians?

That’s pretty much a given. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Lol, so how awkward was it for the assholes having to  be rescued by the people they were being assholes to? 

Id have been the guy to say “so yeah, what was it you called us again?” 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7    3 years ago

I would have told them to swim home.