╌>

Meghan McCain announces that she is leaving 'The View' - CNN

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  30 comments

By:   Oliver Darcy (CNN)

Meghan McCain announces that she is leaving 'The View' - CNN
Meghan McCain, the conservative personality who repeatedly ignited controversy and clashed with her colleagues on and off set, announced Thursday that she will leave her role as a co-host on ABC's "The View."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

New York (CNN Business)Meghan McCain, the conservative personality who repeatedly ignited controversy and clashed with her colleagues on and off set, announced Thursday that she will leave her role as a co-host on ABC's "The View."

"I'm just going to rip the bandaid off," McCain said at the top of the show. "I am here to tell all of you, my wonderful cohorts and viewers at home: This is going to be my last season here at 'The View.'" McCain said it was "not an easy decision" and that she will be with "The View" until its current season ends at the end of the month. "On a professional note, this show is one of the hands-down greatest most exhilarating most wonderful privileges of my entire life," McCain said. After announcing her decision, McCain's co-hosts praised her. Whoopi Goldberg said it had been "wonderful" to have her as a colleague on the show. Joy Behar, who McCain repeatedly battled with on the program, said she was a "formidable opponent" and "no snowflake." Read More McCain indicated that her decision was motivated by her desire to remain in Washington, DC, area near family after giving birth to a daughter in late 2020. But McCain had also previously mulled leaving the daytime talk show. CNN reported in the summer of 2019 that McCain, feeling dejected and sabotaged by her colleagues at ABC, was seriously thinking about departing the show. That was according to two people familiar with the matter at the time. One of the people, who was a friend of McCain's, told CNN that McCain didn't "think it's worth it anymore." A senior ABC employee who also spoke to CNN at the time also said McCain was "miserable" at the network. McCain's conflicts with her hosts have gone viral on social media, generating numerous headlines in tabloids over the years. In early 2020, former co-host Abby Huntsman left "The View" amid complaints about a troubled culture at the show and, in part, due to tension between her and McCain. McCain specifically mentioned Huntsman and their friendship Thursday. As she announced her own departure, McCain took issue with the press' coverage of the show, saying that the co-hosts are covered with "deep misogyny." McCain joined "The View" in 2017, replacing Jedediah Bila as the conservative voice on the program and quickly becoming a lightning rod. In addition to McCain, "The View" was co-hosted this season by Behar, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin and Whoopi Goldberg. In a statement, ABC News praised McCain, saying she had "brought her fierce determination and vast political knowledge and experience" to the show. "She recently came to us with her decision to depart the show at the end of this season, a difficult choice that she made for her and her family that we respect and understand," the statement addd. "We wish the best for Meghan as she plans her next chapter, and thank her for the passion and unique voice that she shared with us and our viewers each day."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

Such a sad day for the gop. Donald Rumsfeld died, the Trump organization got criminally indicted and Meghan McCain is out on her fat ass from The View! Boo Hoo!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago

She named her baby Liberty.  jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    3 years ago

everyone's lunch in the break room fridge is now safe...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago

Such a sad day for the gop. Donald Rumsfeld died, the Trump organization got criminally indicted and Meghan McCain is out on her fat ass from The View! Boo Hoo!

Are they going to be able to find another ignorant blond to spout GOP conspiracy theories?  I suppose they could get someone from FoxNews to fit that spot.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2    3 years ago

They managed to find the other ditzes on the show, so no problem.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2    3 years ago

I suggested Candace Owens or the dynamo duo of Diamond and Silk. Whoopie said, "NO NO NO!"

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2    3 years ago

Megan Kelly is available...

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.4  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.2.2    3 years ago

The rest of the idiots would not have a chance against Candace Owens.

She'll chew them up and spit them out the first episode and they all will demand she be thrown off the show because their "feeeeeeewwwwiiiiiiiiinnnngs" would be hurt.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @1.2.4    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.6  devangelical  replied to  JBB @1.2.3    3 years ago

I think she's busy getting ready to shed her current trumpster husband...

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.7  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.5    3 years ago

[deleted]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.2.8  Sunshine  replied to  bugsy @1.2.4    3 years ago
The rest of the idiots would not have a chance against Candace Owens.

She would show the comedians they are jokes..  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @1.2.7    3 years ago

You're absolutely right! I was laughing so hard at your comment I lost all thought. So:

Bugsy: 1

Trout: 0

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @1.2.6    3 years ago

Before or after she sheds her skin?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.11  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.9    3 years ago
I lost all thought.

Not the first time.

Bugsy  2

Trout   0

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago
Boo Hoo!

Good riddance. She always wanted to make the whole show about her by endlessly arguing with others on the show, speaking endlessly over others until Whoopie finally has to shut her down. This had gone on for years now and it is time she was shown the door. She was likely given the choice to either leave on her own and save face, or be fired, at which point people would want to know why and her face would not be seen well.

Now maybe that show can be the kind of show it should be. Talking about the important issues and not just one person hogging the camera.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Raven Wing @1.3    3 years ago

The times I watched she had an annoying way of interrupting her cohosts with narcissistic babble about herself. Her angle on every subject was how it related to her. She is insufferable...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I dont watch the View much, but over the course of years I have certainly seen it enough and seen clips of it enough to know what it is like. 

Meghan McCain is a minor league television personality at best.  Without her name she wouldnt get within a hundred miles of a national television show. 

Her biggest mistake was to off and on back Trump and his supporters. Sometimes she was against Trump sometimes she was with him.  It's chicken shit. 

She is well known enough now to start her own podcast or You Tube show, both of which can be dome from home.  Plus she is wealthy. No worries for Meghan McCain. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 years ago

Good riddance.  She's such a know nothing bitch.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

I never have watched the show, so to me I couldn't care less. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

I don't indulge either but my Mom watches daily...

You and I are not the demographic they aim for.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

Me, neither. I'm working when it's on. And if I'm not working I'm bingeing something on Netflix

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Bye bye bimbo.  Your 15 minutes ran out a long time ago.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

So is she going to do the Mommy Track now?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 years ago

She's been holding her stomach in all these years.

I expect she is going to let herself go. Spread out...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @6.1    3 years ago

As a fat girl myself, that's funny. But I don't like to participate in fat shaming

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.1    3 years ago

They always had her sit sideways on the end.

Not her best angle. Her being so thick and all

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.1    3 years ago

I used to be a fat girl myself and I won't fat shame her, not when there is so much other stuff to shame her for.  Her father would be appalled that his daughter became a Trumpturd after the way Trump totally disrespected him for years.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7  Sunshine    3 years ago

Barbara Walters started a good talk show and then ABC let the loons take it over and turn into nothing but trash talk.  She would be horrified at what it has become.