╌>

Tom Brady, Net Worth $250 Million, Will Make Ads For Subway, A Product He Would Never Eat

Category:  Sports

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  14 comments

Tom Brady, Net Worth $250 Million, Will Make Ads For Subway, A Product He Would Never Eat

05c9c0f456e2997b4da76b846feabdf3

Greed?  Boredom? Dumbassery? Egotism? 

Something is compelling Tom Brady to become a spokesman for Subway sandwich stores. What we do know is it is not because he loves the food. 

Perhaps even more intriguing about this endorsement is comments Brady made in September. Appearing on Dax Shephard’s podcast , The Armchair Expert, Brady indicated that he could no longer stomach Subway.

“Over time, what I’ve noticed is that my taste buds change,” Brady said. “I went from, I loved Subway and Burger King and all those types of things, to now, it’s like, the thought of that is like no way! No way!”

There’s more of Brady ripping into companies like Subway.

“The way I see it, food companies are more like chemical companies than anything else,” Brady wrote in his book, The TB12 Method . “But we keep eating what they sell us and then wondering why the rates of disease and obesity are so high. Our bodies become toxic when we ingest toxic chemicals.”

Tom Brady’s newest endorsement deal is pretty hypocritical (yahoo.com)

I'm guessing that Tom Brady will advertise Subway sandwiches because he wants to be seen as a "regular guy" , a standing that seems to evade him more and more as the years go by. 

According to the Yahoo story, Brady will film a commercial for Subway in which he will not be seen holding or eating the product. He won't eat a sub sandwich because it is unhealthy, but he wants you to. 

Why not just enjoy your 250 million dollars you already have and stop looking like an obvious hypocrite?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

In his next endorsement he will drive the Oscar Meyer wienermobile  th?id=ATOOL790CF26160AE903F39B8529B3332BAE029E3812BD7469A85BA2E85EFA6185362&w=472&h=280&c=1&rs=2&o=6&pid=SANGAM   while eating Hostess Snowballs. th?id=OP.RqnCq%2b%2b%2fFOF56Q474C474&o=5&pid=21.1&bw=0&bc=FFFFFF&w=140&h=140&qlt=100&dpr=1

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

Hey! 

Capitalism... 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

Money talks.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

Between him and his wife they are worth over a half a billion dollars.  Before this commercial. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.1  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

He and Gisele can use the bread for yoga class.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.2  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

Exactly.  If someone shoved mittfulls on money to endorse some product I didn't like I'd take it too

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Lol, fuckin Tom Brady. Go win another Super Bowl you dickhead. Subway still sucks.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
5  SteevieGee    3 years ago

Shaquille O'Neil doesn't have General insurance, Alex Trebec doesn't need burial insurance, and Joe Namath will never need a reverse mortgage.  It doesn't mean that the product isn't good.  I, personally, would never endorse a product that I don't think is a good product.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    3 years ago

What celebrities do is none of my business, and the least of my concerns or interests

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 years ago

I feel the same way about some of the comments I see here. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 years ago

Okay then, don't want to hear you bitching about liberal celebrities anymore. 

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    3 years ago

It always amazes me that we can pay a teacher maybe 50 to seventy five grand a year yet someone that plays football gets paid millions upon millions.

The Saints just did a contract with one man for something like 85 million for five years.

Our priorities are out of whack.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8  pat wilson    3 years ago

It seems that the wealthiest are often the greediest.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Will Subway now offer Deflated Meat Ball sandwiches?