╌>

50 years after his death, fans honor Jim Morrison in Paris | Entertainment | omaha.com

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  1 comments

By:   DEBORAH GOUFFRAN and SYLVIE CORBET (Omaha. com)

50 years after his death, fans honor Jim Morrison in Paris | Entertainment | omaha.com
PARIS (AP) — Paris on Saturday was the only place to be for die-hard Jim Morrison fans.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

PARIS (AP) — Paris on Saturday was the only place to be for die-hard Jim Morrison fans.

Fifty years after his death at age 27, rock music lovers from France and across the world came to the Pere-Lachaise cemetery in eastern Paris where The Doors' frontman is buried. Many brought candles and pictures, and some burned incense sticks near his grave as police watched nearby.

“Jim and The Doors have been heroes of ours since we were kids. It's an honor to be here and celebrate the 50th anniversary of his death today,” said Dutuar Platzek.

The 50-year-old fan made the trip from Halle, Germany with his childhood friend Mathias Barthel. The two had not been back to the Pere-Lachaise cemetery in over 25 years.

Year after year, the place has become a pilgrimage for fans of Morrison, known for his dark lyrics, wavy locks, leather pants, steely gaze and theatrical stage presence. He propelled The Doors to several major hits between 1965 and 1971, including “Light My Fire,” “Hello I Love You,” “Touch Me” and “Riders on the Storm.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Makes one feel old. 

I always thought Jim Morrison was underrated as a singer.