╌>

NHL Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks Dead at 24 in Fireworks-Related Accident

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  6 comments

By:   Aidan McLaughlin (Mediaite)

NHL Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks Dead at 24 in Fireworks-Related Accident
NHL player Matiss Kivlenieks, goalie for the Columbus Blue Jackets, died Sunday night in an accident involving fireworks, according to police. Kivlenieks was at a private party in Novi, Michigan when fireworks were inadvertently shot at people, Novi Police Department Lieutenant Jason Meier said. Kivlenieks, who was in a hot tub, tried to jump out […]

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Aidan McLaughlinJul 5th, 2021, 1:34 pm Twitter share buttonGettyImages-1233031465-scaled-e1625506239247.jpg

Gints Ivuskans/Getty Images

NHL player Matiss Kivlenieks , goalie for the Columbus Blue Jackets, died Sunday night in an accident involving fireworks, according to police.

Kivlenieks was at a private party in Novi, Michigan when fireworks were inadvertently shot at people, Novi Police Department Lieutenant Jason Meier said. Kivlenieks, who was in a hot tub, tried to jump out but fell and hit his head on the concrete ground.

"There appears to have been a fireworks malfunction, which caused a group of people to flee from the hot tub, including the deceased, who slipped and hit his head on the concrete," Meier said in a statement to ESPN.

Police were called to the house after 10 p.m. Sunday and Kivlenieks was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. According to AP, the medical examiner determined that Kivlenieks died of chest trauma.

Kivlenieks was 24.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The neighborhood here, on the far south side of Chicago, sounded like a battle zone last night.  And I'm not talking about gunshots. I live in a neighborhood where there are tons of city workers, and most of them seem to have access to fireworks. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

although anything that explodes or leaves the ground is illegal here due to the drought, it still sounded and smelled like a war zone. I was watching my daughters dog. he was traumatized, to say the least.