╌>

Fox News host, cornered by fleeing Texas Democrat, refuses to admit Donald Trump lost the election

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  13 comments

By:   By JON SKOLNIK

Fox News host, cornered by fleeing Texas Democrat, refuses to admit Donald Trump lost the election
A Texas Democrat asked host Pete Hegseth point-blank whether he believed that Donald Trump won the 2020 election, prompting Hegseth to dodge the question

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Fox anchor Pete Hegseth

During a prickly Tuesday night  interview  on Fox News, a Texas Democrat asked host Pete Hegseth point-blank whether he believed that Donald Trump won the 2020 election, prompting Hegseth to dodge the question

You have made a lot of money personally and you have enriched a lot of corporations with advertising by getting on here and spewing lies and conspiracy theories to folks who trust you." 

"So what I'm asking you to do is to tell your voters right that Donald Trump lost the election in 2020," Talarico continued as Hegseth attempted to talk over the lawmaker. "Did Donald Trump lose the election in 2020? Can you answer the question?"

"I think I'm answering the questions," Hegseth fumbled. "I don't really feel the obligation to answer anything from you."

He did not proceed to answer Talarico's question.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

During a prickly Tuesday night    interview   on Fox News, a Texas Democrat asked host Pete Hegseth point-blank whether he believed that Donald Trump won the 2020 election, prompting Hegseth to dodge the question.

You have made a lot of money personally and you have enriched a lot of corporations with advertising by getting on here and spewing lies and conspiracy theories to folks who trust you." 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

"So what I'm asking you to do is to tell your voters right that Donald Trump lost the election in 2020," Talarico continued as Hegseth attempted to talk over the lawmaker. "Did Donald Trump lose the election in 2020? Can you answer the question?"

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

He did not proceed to answer Talarico's question.

Its a simple question of fact. A simple yes or no question.:Did Trump lose the election?

So why would it be so difficult to answer that question?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

If he admits Trump lost he'll never be invited to New Years Eve at Mara-lago . A man's gotta have priorities.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    3 years ago

What's stupid is that any answer - or lack thereof - is even newsworthy.

People need to learn to move on after elections. It was bad enough after 2016, but I had hoped we would be over it after 2020. Guess not. Apparently all that is ever going to happen now in this country is bitching and moaning about the last election while planning for the next one. Meanwhile, nothing productive gets done.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @5    3 years ago
People need to learn to move on after elections.

The problem now is that for the first time in my knowledge and I think the first time in history, we have a former PotUS still, in July (9 months after losing), claiming that he is the legitimate PotUS.

Of course people will counter that stupid lie by Trump and his sycophants.   If they would just STFU, get a grip on reality and move on then there would not be any counters.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @5.1    3 years ago

I really think a lot of these people have been emboldened by all the protests that happened when Trump was elected and inaugurated. Additionally, there was the speaking/interview tour of Hillary Clinton, and the campaign to impeach Trump for whatever they could. Then we have more local events, like the nonsense of Stacey Abrams in Georgia. The nuts on the Right figured that if the nuts on the Left could gain success with those tactics, they might as well try it, too. I really believe it was a conscious consideration and strategy.

Of course, people are still responsible for the stupid choices they make, but this is how politics works these days. i.e. One side does something outrageous, and even though the other side bitches about it, they pull the same shit when they get the chance.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.1    3 years ago

Valid points, but I do not have an example that matches the national con-job perpetrated by a sitting PotUS who, after losing reelection, pursued 60+ lawsuits and made endless allegations of fraud, worked his sycophantic supporters into a frenzy and claimed, without evidence, that he actually won the election.   And he continues to do that today.

That stands alone in my mind as the worst behavior of any PotUS in our history.   The willful abuse of the influential powers of PotUS to perpetrate an attempt to steal a presidential election based solely on lies.

There simply is no way I, for one, will stand by when a Trump sycophant claims that Trump won the election.

BTW, a great way to positively identify an R partisan (an irrational one at that) is if they refuse to acknowledge that Biden won the election.   While the same applies to those who claimed Hillary was the legitimate winner, I see no comparison in scope and scale between the Trump partisans and the Hillary partisans.   The Trump partisans take the prize as the most irrational partisans.   Not even a contest.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.2    3 years ago
I do not have an example that matches the national con-job perpetrated by a sitting PotUS

Oh, of course not. But then, Trump is an old hand at taking something others have done and making it more gaudy and ridiculous. This is like the gold plated toilet/Trump Steaks of politics. At this point in his life and career, I think he has decided there is no reason not to go all-in with the lunacy.

There simply is no way I, for one, will stand by when a Trump sycophant claims that Trump won the election.

There's a way for me. I will at least remain silent and not try to correct them if only they would get vaccinated.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.3    3 years ago
I will at least remain silent and not try to correct them if only they would get vaccinated.

jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.2    3 years ago
do not have anexample that matches the national con-job perpetrated by a sitting PotUS who, after losing reelection, pursued 60+ lawsuits and made endless allegations of fraud, worked his sycophantic supporters into a frenzy and claimed, without evidence, that he actually won the election.   And he continues to do that today. That stands alone in my mind as the worst behavior of any PotUS in our history

when complexities looking to test their How it cannot stand alone in ALL MINDS is perplexing to ones perplexed by complicit simplexes complicating matters so lacking decals, or , actually N E EVIDENCE, as EVIDENT, by the lack there of that provides proof of a disgusting spoof on our ACTUAL GOVERNMENT PROCEDURAL of POOF, I said it without ANY FCKN EVIDSENCE< but, it is obviously BASED IN TRUTH, as most everything, buy a sum that bought in is, whence it cannot be backed up in any mannerism what so ever, but  , oh so clever are those who argue with no oars ironing the sailors seams to be adjacent to incongruencies never saw buy things not seen buy a sum

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6  TᵢG    3 years ago

I listened to this 'interview' while driving.   I thought it was Tucker Carlson until Talarico called the host 'Pete'.   Listening to Pete cut Talarico off, talk over him, ignore his questions, etc. made me wonder who this guy is.   And I was amazed at how calm Talarico was;  I know I could not put up with the crap from Hegseth without calling him out on it.

One thing for sure, Hegseth is a partisan hack and should not be mistaken for a journalist / reporter.

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1  Hallux  replied to  TᵢG @6    3 years ago

He is also the kind of buttocks bully that sells.