╌>

New Books Rip Last Shred Of Dignity Away From Trump Worship

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  5 comments

New Books Rip Last Shred Of Dignity Away From Trump Worship
There is one scene where he does not recognize the CFO of his 2020 presidential campaign, and at a White House strategy meeting asks the man who he is. The guy tells Trump his name and says  "I am the Chief Financial Officer of your campaign." 

There are three new books about the last months days and weeks of the Trump administration.  They are already being talked about a lot even though I dont think any of the three have been officially released yet (they have been available for about a week in "preview" form)

Frankly, We Did Win This Election: The Inside Story of How Trump Lost

is by Michael Bender, a Wall St Journal reporter

Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency

is by gadfly author Michael Wolff

and 

I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump's Catastrophic Final Year 

is by Washington Post Reporters Phillip Rucker and Carol Leonnig

-----------------

Because I subscribe to a couple of audiobook and e book websites I have seen the first two and looked through them to some extent although I have not yet read or listened to them fully. 

I havent seen the Washington Post book yet although the paper has already printed two or three long excerpts. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

All of these books have something very important in common. All three of them claim to be based on interviews with Trump white house insiders, DC political players, and in the case of the Bender book interviews with Trump supporters at his campaign rallies. I know the Bender and Wolff books claim that they had the personal and willing co-operation of Trump himself in the way of interviews, I am not sure if the Washington Post book makes that claim. 

===================================================================

The first thing that will hit most readers of all three of these books is how detached from reality Donald Trump was over the campaign, but particularly after the November election. Trump is depicted in all three books as being obsessed with the idea that the election was stolen from him, almost to the exclusion of anything else. He is also depicted in all three books as being a phenomenal ignoramus, lacking the ability to process information that a sixth grader would have little trouble with. He is also shown as constantly pitting his advisers against one another, always belittling his legal teams (s), and as never wanting to be left alone.  There is one scene where he does not recognize the CFO of his 2020 presidential campaign, and at a White House strategy meeting asks the man who he is. The guy tells Trump his name and says  "I am the Chief Financial Officer of your campaign."  Trump says "how long have you been doing that?"  and the guy says  "I was the CFO of your 2016 campaign as well."  

This is not an aberration for trump, this is Trump.  He does not know many of the people who are with him in the oval office on a daily basis during the election "crisis" , and he is not particularly curious to know who they are, UNLESS they are there to tell him that the election was stolen.  Then he gets excited. 

One book says Trump did not talk to Steve Bannon for a couple years, because he thought Bannon had been disloyal to Trump in some way. Then Bannon came forward with conspiracy theories that the election had been stolen and suddenly Trump was having one on one phone calls with him again. 

These three books are completely devastating to any idea that Trump has any fitness for office whatsoever.  Although the details and emphasis differ in some cases, the overall impression is remarkably similar for three projects by different people who were not working together. 

The continuation of Trump in a position of political power is a menace to our country. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The reason Trump did not intervene in the early stages of the capitol insurrection is that he was laser focused on what Mike Pence would do to help him reverse the electoral college results and that is basically all trump could think about that day. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
2  Hallux    3 years ago

Denial will be longer, broader and deeper than an old pun.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

One of the truly strange things about all this is how psychologically invested Trump is in the idea that he couldnt have lost the election because he got 74 million votes. Trump has specifically mentioned this figure MANY times since the election and it is talked about in the books.  He seems to think that because he got more votes than any previous incumbent president this fact alone should have guaranteed him re-election. He talks about this one "fact" so much and with such conviction that it is clear he has no comprehension of the truth that tens of millions of Americans consider him the worst president in American history and would have walked over superheated broken glass to vote against him.  Thats why he lost, more people realized he was a disaster for the country than wanting him re-elected. Nothing mysterious or non mathematical, or fraudulent,  about it. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    3 years ago

`"Last shred of Dignity."  ?  Can't have a piece of something one never had.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     3 years ago

I far as I'm concerned he never had any dignity.