╌>

Polling at 6%, Caitlyn Jenner Said She's Leading California's Governor Race

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  10 comments

By:   Sarah Al-Arshani (Business Insider)

Polling at 6%, Caitlyn Jenner Said She's Leading California's Governor Race
The former Olympian and reality TV star had her first press conference 77 days after announcing her bid for governor. The event lasted 15 minutes.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

John Shearer/Getty Images

• Caitlyn Jenner had her first press conference 77 days after announcing her gubernatorial bid, the AP reported.
  • The event lasted for approximately 15 minutes.
  • Jenner insisted she was in the lead, Politico reported, but a poll from May showed her in with only 6% support.

California gubernatorial candidate Caitlyn Jenner said she's leading in the polls on Friday, disregarding a poll in May that showed she only had 6% support, Politico reported.

"Honestly, I'm not concerned about the polling," Jenner said at her first campaign press conference on Friday, according to Politico. "I guarantee you that I am in the lead."

Jenner is running in California's recall election against Gov. Gavin Newsom.

The Associated Press reported the former Olympian and reality TV star held her first conference 77 days after announcing her bid for governor. The event lasted less than 15 minutes.

Politico reported that Jenner announced plans for a bus tour across the state before the election on September 14.

"I'm here to win it," she said.

Jenner was also dismissive of criticism about her voting record, the AP reported.

In May, Jenner told CNN that she skipped voting in the 2020 presidential election to play golf, but election records obtained by Politico show that she in fact did vote.

However, Jenner only voted in about a third of the elections she was eligible to vote in since 2000.

"I voted when I needed to" she said during the press conference, according to the AP.

Politico reported that Jenner said she would release five years of tax returns next week.

Jenner has said her experience in business makes her qualified to be governor. Politico reported that Jenner touted her name recognition during the press conference.

"I have a tremendous advantage, obviously because of name recognition," Jenner said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

Somebody tell Caitlyn to shut up and act like a lady!

shona1
PhD Quiet
2  shona1    3 years ago

Morning... that's hilarious..meant to be running for an election and she is not even in your country..

She is over here for some stupid TV show called Big Brother...I don't know which is more desperate.. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3  Jack_TX    3 years ago

Well....if she identifies as the leader...who are we to say otherwise?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4  Dismayed Patriot    3 years ago

The CA recall election will fail, it's just another attempt by half witted conservatives to try and power grab an obviously progressive liberal State that will never move in their desired conservative direction.

The list of Republicans running against Newsom is a who's who list of partisan whiners and idiots wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

You have of course Caitlyn Jenner who obviously is desperate for a spotlight but has exactly zero experience governing anything.

You have 65 year old multi-millionaire John Cox, after half a dozen unsuccessful runs for congress and spent $5.7 million to run against Newsom in 2018 and lost by historic margins, who now has hired a trained bear to go on the campaign trail with him, as if he couldn't look more like PT Barnum.

You have a loud mouthed right wing radio show host Larry Elder who had to sue to get on the ballot after not submitting all the required tax documents.

You have GOP real estate millionaire Doug Ose who also ran for CA Governor in 2018 but dropped out when he saw such little interest from GOP donors.

You have former San Diego mayor Kevin Faulconer who is said to be close with GOP Kevin McCarthy. Just another supposed fiscal conservative, socially liberal Republican who will no doubt be nothing but a whipping boy for the pathetic Republican party.

Then you've got Steve Chavez Lodge, fiancé of one of the “Real Housewives of Orange County”. 

Then there's Sam Gallucci who quit working in Silicon Valley for the tech industry after cashing out to become the senior pastor of 'Embrace!' Church in Oxnard.

And let's not forget Angelyne, the only one-name candidate running on the ballot, is an entertainer who gained fame in Los Angeles in the 1980s by buying billboard space to advertise her name and image. She's listed as "no party preference" and her platform includes an annual masquerade ball where citizens dress up like the governor, an official Bubble Bath Day, and "rehab for politicians."

The recall is a joke, Newsom will win by a landslide, the only people he's not popular with are the whiny conservative minority. Newsom has at a minimum 52% approval rating across the State and has at least 75% of Democrat support.

"The odds of Newsom not being recalled have shortened from 1/8 to 1/10—meaning they deem it increasingly likely Newsom will survive the vote and retain his position . At odds of 1/10, a person would win one dollar for every $10 they bet— an indication that the bet is very safe."

JBB
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

Sorry Charlie, butt Newstalkers and Starkist only take good tuna. Olde bad fishies need not even apply...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Is she Marjorie Taylor Greene's cousin?  There's some sort of resemblance there. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7  Gsquared    3 years ago

Jenner doesn't have a chance.  It's just a PR job anyways.