╌>

Never underestimate the power of a small dog!

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

Never underestimate the power of a small dog!
Caught on camera: Yorkie attacked by coyote fights back, protecting its 10-year-old owner

While Kwan’s daughter was unharmed, Macy was left with serious injuries and was taken to an emergency animal hospital following the attack.

Macy the Yorkie is expected to make a full recovery.

More:

'She's our little hero': Yorkie fights off coyote, protecting young girl

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

A tiny dog proved its bravery, fighting back against a coyote to protect its 10-year-old owner.

A Yorkshire Terrier, a breed that generally weighs 5 to 7 pounds, took on a wild animal several times its size CTV News reported.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Lily Kwan screamed for help while pulling her 6-year-old rescue Yorkie by her leash. A coyote was chasing them, attacking her dog, Macy.

The 10-year-old had recently seen postings of warnings that a coyote was chasing kids in the neighborhood.

"I thought, am I next, what is going to happen to me?" Kwan said.

She said she had to drop the leash because Macy wouldn't follow her.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

"I ran to the sidewalk and started screaming for help; no one heard me," Kwan said. "I just saw this coyote trying to attack my dog. I tried to ring people's door bells and knock on people's doors; this one neighbor actually let me in."

What happened next was captured on home security: You can see Macy turning around and confronting the coyote, protecting Kwan.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

Little but Fierce, although small the Yorkie was going to fight. Happily the Yorkie survived as did the little girl.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Tiny but mighty.  That dog had better be getting steak for the rest of its life.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5.1  charger 383  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    3 years ago

treat that dog like a hero, glad Macy will be OK

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6  Split Personality    3 years ago

I'll donate 56 cents to the Kill the coyote fund....

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Split Personality @6    3 years ago

They would probably arrest a citizen if they shot the coyote. In my city, even if you're armed you are supposed to let the thing chew on you if it attacks, rather than defend yourself, apparently. I bet that doesn't apply to cops, though. Kind of wondering why they put collars on them, though. I got the impression that they did so because these things were causing trouble. Um, so you put collars on them rather than eliminate them or haul them somewhere out in the middle of nowhere? 

Where do I send the steak for the hero dog, by the way?