╌>

Greg Kelly Invokes Jeopardy! to Decry 'Woke Left'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   Michael Luciano (Mediaite)

Greg Kelly Invokes Jeopardy! to Decry 'Woke Left'
"When did we become so uptight? I mean, this is America.

I would describe Greg Kelly and his place in media as "the assholes among us". 

This article is revealing in many aspects.  Greg Kelly is an amateurish broadcaster. He is almost fanatically devoted to Trump. He spends most of his shows evidently complaining about "wokeness". He regularly repeats conspiracies. He belittles the concept of racism. 

Although I never heard of Greg Kelly until a few months ago he does have an extensive wikipedia page. He was a Fox anchor in NY for a couple years previously and is a former Marine pilot. He is also the son of former NYC police commissioner Raymond Kelly. 

This is a link to an article in Vanity Fair about Greg Kelly

Greg Kelly’s Very Racist-Seeming Tweets Were Really About His “Opposition to Racism,” Says Newsmax | Vanity Fair

Here are a couple tweets by Kelly as seen in that article.

E3zt4c_XMAIaXZQ?format=jpg&name=small

Wh7Gb-ze_bigger.jpg

Greg Kelly---my VACCINE status is MY BUSINESS.

@gregkellyusa

WRONG AGAIN “LYDIA” —-Fake News is a term we apply to BULLSHIT stories like Russia Collusion. “CANCEL CULTURE” was invented in COMMUNIST CHINA. We Reject it. And we don’t like “CRT” (Critical Race Theory) because it’s CORRUPT AND MARXIST AND VILE AND DEMONIC. https:// twitter.com/lpolgreen/stat us/1402616880729313288

This person has a nightly "news"  show on an American television station.  

America is in trouble. 

Oh one more quote from Greg Kelly

While commenting on  Hunter Biden ’s drug use, in March, Kelly  wrote ,

“SMOKING WEED (aka GRASS) is NOT a good idea. I’ve tried it (back in the day) and it was WORSE than anything that happened to HUNTER BIDEN. I ‘toked up’ with some buddies in Kentucky and woke up 4 days later in Nairobi, Kenya. With no idea what happened. DON’T DO DRUGS.”

In another  post , Kelly shared a photo of himself wearing moto cargo pants—which were  widely ridiculed . “Everyone busting my CRACKERS over the ‘pants’,” he  wrote . “The truth is, they’re BALMAIN (the most prestigious brand in PANTS)—my shoes are by Ferragamo. Basically, I’m a Sharp Dressed Man. Thank you!”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Michael LucianoSep 17th, 2021, 10:33 pm Twitter share button

On Friday night, Greg Kelly said - or at least his show's chyron did - that White men are being canceled in the United States.

Among other instances, the Newsmax host cited yesterday's announcement that Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik will host Jeopardy! for the rest of the year. The news came after last month's departure of Mike Richards as host after it was discovered he had made jokes that were in poor taste on a podcast in 2013 and 2014. Richards apologized for them.

"When did we become so uptight?" asked Kelly. "I mean, this is America. We weren't always like this. This is the land where Howard Stern is one of the most successful broadcasters ever."

"I blame, a little bit - may he rest in peace Alec [sic] Trebek - He should have had a succession plan. What was his personal life all about? It wasn't perfect, by the way, he was a little bit, uh, unique."

Kelly then played an interview of Trebek from 2011, shortly after he encountered an intruder in his hotel room.

"I realized that someone had been in the room," said Trebek. "And I put on my underwear and ran down the hall to see if I could find her."

Kelly responded, "I don't know. I would've stopped the pursuit at the hotel door in my underwear. I don't think i would have run down the hall. But anyway, everybody is unique. Everybody does things. Nobody here broke the law, and we are just so uptight and stupid, And it's getting worse."

The Newsmax host went on to cite Chris Harrison as another example of so-called cancelation. In 2018, the host of The Bachelor had defended a contestant's decision to go to an Old South plantation-themed party. Harrison departed the show this year.

Kelly went on to say that there's little point in apologizing for such behavior, because the "woke" left will never be satisfied. He called this "the Trump truth."

Watch above via Newsmax.

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under: Greg KellyJeopardy! Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Kelly defends Chris Harrison.  Chris Harrison was "forced" off the Bachelor because he made light of a fraternity or sorority party at a southern university where the party goers dress and play act like they are in "Gone With The Wind". 

The plantation system was 100% racism.  Or maybe Greg Kelly can find a plantation where white people worked in the cottonfields 12 hours a day and were whipped or mistreated if they came up short in their work. 

Greg Kelly may be no more than the "B" team of Tucker Carlson but it just goes to show you that the assholes are not shy about it. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

ke Richards as host after it was discovered he had made jokes that were in poor taste on a podcast in 2013 and 2014. 

He has a point. 

Puritanism isn't for me. Sorry to see the left embrace it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 years ago

Greg Kelly is obviously an asshole. I feel sorry for his friends , at least the ones that are not assholes themselves. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

Doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.1    3 years ago

Mike Richards wasnt dumped solely because of a podcast.  He tried to manipulate the new host selection process. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3  Gsquared    3 years ago

E3zt4c_XMAIaXZQ?format=jpg&name=small

What a total racist pig.   He's probably too stupid to know that the Secretary of Defense shown in the picture, William Cohen, is Jewish and married to a Black woman.  Racists like that idiot don't think Jewish people are white and they consider racial intermarriage to be a crime.

Trebek - He should have had a succession plan

A TV game show host should have had a succession plan?  STUPID!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @3    3 years ago

that’s pretty obvious satire. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1    3 years ago

of what?

Greg Kelly is a disgrace. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1    3 years ago
that’s pretty obvious satire

Whether it's satire or not, that doesn't change anything.  He's still a racist jerk.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Why does a former Marine support Trump when he has publicly called him a sucker and a loser for serving?  This ahole should be ashamed of himself for kissing Trump's ass and supporting him.  I consider all military past, present, and future as part of my extended family but I would not piss on this guy if he were on fire.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

I guess this moron is incapable of recognizing marijuana.  Clearly he did not smoke weed and end up in Kenya four days later from it.  It says a lot that he was running with a crowd that smokes angle dust.