╌>

Do You remember the 21st night of September ?

Category:  Entertainment

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  21 comments

Do You remember the 21st night of September ?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

For yesteryear

Do you remember the 21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

My thoughts are with you
Holding hands with your heart to see you
Only blue talk and love,
Remember how we knew love was here to stay

Now december found the love that we shared in September.
Only blue talk and love,
Remember the true love we share today

Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

Ba de ya - golden dreams were shiny days

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    3 years ago

Ah yes, EW&F .... very fond memories of my youth.

Thx!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

THE SEPTEMBER SONG - Jimmy Durante

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The first day of spring and the first day of fall always seemed to me to be the most portentous of the seasons change.  Around here no one even takes notice of the first day of summer or the first day of winter because the weather has already changed. But the first day of fall in the midwest is often one where you do actually see change.  Tomorrow, the 22nd, the first day of fall, the high temperature will drop into the mid to low 60's, the first time that has happened in months. Fall will be in the air. People will start their furnaces over night as we go into the upper 40's. 

There is a natural bittersweetness about fall , as nature recedes its bloom and people are more prone to reflect back. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

I met my hubby on the 21st day of September, so this song has a special place in our hearts. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    3 years ago

how cool

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6  Gsquared    3 years ago

Earth, Wind & Fire was so great.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Gsquared @6    3 years ago

THATS THE WAY OF THE WORLD - Earth Wind and Fire

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    3 years ago

I can't think of a song by Earth, Wind & Fire that I don't love.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @6.1.1    3 years ago

100% agreement!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.3  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    3 years ago

I'm on a journey back into time (a stellar time) in my 'native' childhood (first (illegal) joint)! (Thanks!) Then, there was the night we had finished the show and were on our way home in the van and as some fell off to sleep and others slumbered; this song came on over the car's sound system. How it made me feel from start to finish is permanent.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.4  CB  replied to  CB @6.1.3    3 years ago

Yes 'family' I had a big afro hairdo back in the day! We were beautiful and sensitive kids too! Life, its years, has not stolen all of that away from me (us). Higher, higher, yeah!

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     3 years ago

The Fall Equinox as it's known. 

Today is the second time of year that the sun rises due east and sets due west, traversing the sky directly over the equator. The axis of Mother Earth is straight rather than tilted in relation to the sun's rays. In other words, it's fall.

Night and day are almost the same length on this day, though not quite.

Native Americans celebrate the equinox in many different ways. If ever possible this is worth the time and trip.

Make the Pilgrimage to Ancient Observatory in Chaco Canyon

The Chaco Canyon Sun Dagger is a historic site where Anasazi sky watchers used large slabs of stone and a system of carved spirals to show how the sun changed location in the sky. According to   Smithsonian Magazine , during the equinoxes,   you can watch how light passes through the spiral to create complex rock art .

In the past, the nearby town of   Farmington, New Mexico   has hosted an equinox celebration. The   Chaco Canyon National Historic Park   has also hosted night sky viewings during the equinox.

shona1
PhD Quiet
8.1  shona1  replied to  Kavika @8    3 years ago

Morning.. we don't follow the equinox..1st September is first day of Spring here...1st December Summer etc...not sure where it came from as the Brits seem to follow the equinox as well...Guess we thought we would do something different...

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     3 years ago

The Aboriginals do celebrate the equinoxes. There are rock formations that date back thousands of years that suggests that they studied the stars and their movement. 

Happy Spring Equinox to you, shona, as the Aboriginals believe that it is a time of rebirth and renewal.

shona1
PhD Quiet
9.1  shona1  replied to  Kavika @9    3 years ago

Yes knew they studied the stars etc but did not know about the equinox...

But many countries and First Nation people's seem to celebrate it... could be missing out on something there...

shona1
PhD Quiet
9.2  shona1  replied to  Kavika @9    3 years ago

Happy Autumn equinox to you and yours Kavika...do you do anything special for it??

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Kavika   replied to  shona1 @9.2    3 years ago

No celebrates but we do observe it as an important part of the circle of life and a time when summer ends and this day also signifies the beginning of the harvest season, when gourds, apples, and other ripe nuggets that have been nourished by Mother Earth's soil all summer are ready to eat.  To the Ojibwe August and September is when we harvest manoomin (wild rice) it's called the food that grows on water and is essential to our culture.

I meant to mention to you that the aboriginal people are the oldest civilizations on earth, dating back 75,000 years. I'll see if I can find an article on the DNA testing and research that went into this study. It's quite fascinating.

shona1
PhD Quiet
9.2.2  shona1  replied to  Kavika @9.2.1    3 years ago

Yes knew the Kooris are the oldest civilisation on earth..a very proud and talented people who we could learn much from..and only now just starting too...

CB
Professor Principal
10  CB    3 years ago

Earth, Wind & Fire - Mighty Mighty (Official Audio)