╌>

Virginia Democratic gov candidate McAuliffe: 'Parents shouldn’t be telling schools what to teach'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  6 comments

By:   By Just the News staff

Virginia Democratic gov candidate McAuliffe: 'Parents shouldn’t be telling schools what to teach'
"parents shouldn’t be telling schools what to teach,"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Virginia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe says "parents shouldn’t be telling schools what to teach," sparking backlash in his deadlock race with GOP nominee Glen Youngkin in which Critical Race Theory curriculum is a key issue.

McAulifee, who was Virginia's governor from 2014 to 2018, made the statement in his second and final debate with Youngkin, ahead of their November Election Day.    

McAuliffe made the remarks in response to Youngkin arguing parents should be more involved in the decisions of local school districts, according to  FoxNews.com .

"Make sure every parent in Virginia hears this before they vote," President Trump adviser Stephen Miller  tweeted  about McAuliffe's postition.

School curriculum as well as mask and vaccine mandates have been key voter issues, particularly in the state’s northern suburbs, outside of Washington, D.C., a region that in recent years, as a result of changing demographics, has become increasingly liberal, in the once reliable conservative state.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

I believe the RNC now has a campaign ad!

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    3 years ago

I can't remember one good thing McAuliffe did first time he was governor 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  charger 383 @2    3 years ago
I can't remember one good thing McAuliffe did first time he was governor 

I noted a lot of criticism from both sides of the aisle:

Sen. McClellan and Del. Jennifer Carroll-Foy also accused McAuliffe for undermining Attorney General Mark Herring’s decision to stop recognizing concealed carry permits from other states. McClellan said the legislature could have gone farther in their restrictions last year had McAuliffe not “made a deal to give that all away.”

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

If my parents could have determined what to teach, they would have chosen Advanced Bedroom Cleaning.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    3 years ago

I think that is every parent.

They could basically have a class on "How to be a better child". It would have to be taken every semester- as it seems to wear off as they get older.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3.2  charger 383  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    3 years ago

I would have been in summer school on that class