╌>

The Wheel of Time | Official Trailer 360 Experience | Amazon Original

Category:  Entertainment

By:  evilgenius  •  3 years ago  •  10 comments

The Wheel of Time | Official Trailer 360 Experience | Amazon Original
Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.

An Amazon Prime Original Series airs Nov 19th.

Set in a high fantasy world where magic exists, but only some can access it, a woman named Moiraine crosses paths with five young men and women. This sparks a dangerous, world-spanning journey. Based on the book series by Robert Jordan.

Creator Rafe Judkins

Stars Rosamund Pike, Josha Stradowski, Marcus Rutherford

You can use your mouse to move the screen in any direction on the trailer below. It's interesting, but not really that cool.

I've read many of the books, but it's been so long ago I don't remember all that much and I gave up after book 13, I think.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

evilone
Professor Guide
1  author  evilone    3 years ago

Amazon's answer to Game of Thrones. I'll check it out, but I'm not sold on how great this might be. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  evilone @1    3 years ago

Why can't they just leave some things as books? 

I am sure I will be as disappointed with this as I was with Game of Thrones. The characters on screen never look like they do in the imagination.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    3 years ago

$

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.2  author  evilone  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    3 years ago
Why can't they just leave some things as books? 

Good question. I don't know, but I have read a book and thought to myself, "self, this would be a cool movie/series". Some of the ones I thought would be getter suited haven't gotten any Hollywood love while some, like Foundation, got a dump truck of money to make it happen.

I am sure I will be as disappointed with this as I was with Game of Thrones.

I didn't think this Wheel of Time series was all that good. They could have been edited down a lot, but the editor was married to the author so we got what we got. And that was a lot! LOL!

The characters on screen never look like they do in the imagination.

I do my best to look past that stuff, but it isn't always easy. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2  Jack_TX    3 years ago

Looking forward to it.  I enjoyed the books many years ago.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    3 years ago

I have been counting the days for this to arrive.   Jordan was full of imagination and produced tons of material for a great series.

Hopefully it will match the screenplay work on GoT (except for the last season which sucked due to rushing to the end).

evilone
Professor Guide
3.1  author  evilone  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago

They spent a ton of money on each episode so I'm hoping we get their money's worth.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago

I think this has even more significant/major characters and moving parts than GoT. Not sure how they are going to handle it? Hopefully they don't exclude or kill off too many crucial characters too fast.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

I enjoyed the books for the most part  years ago, although the narrative seemed to get bog down in the middle of the series.  I'll give the series a try, although I thought Moiraine had bright red hair in the books so that's not what I expected her to look like. . 

Hallux
Masters Principal
5  Hallux    3 years ago

If there are teenagers in it, let's hope they are the first to die ... angst is irritating.