╌>

Republican Mike Carey wins special election for Ohio House seat

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  73 comments

By:   BY MAX GREENWOOD

Republican Mike Carey wins special election for Ohio House seat
“Tonight the people of Ohio’s Fifteenth Congressional District have placed their trust in me and I could not me more humbled to represent them. Republican, Democrat, or Independent, I promise to fight for every person in this district because the problems facing our nation are beyond partisanship and have real consequences for working families.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Republican  Mike Carey  is projected to win a special election to replace former Rep.  Steve Stivers  (R-Ohio) in Congress, holding on to Ohio’s 15th Congressional District for the GOP. 

The Associated Press said Carey, a coal industry lobbyist, had bested Democratic state Rep. Allison Russo on Tuesday. The race largely favored the GOP from the outset, given the district’s Republican tilt. Stivers, the district’s former representative, stepped down from Congress earlier this year to take a job as the president and CEO of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce.

But Democrats had hoped to pull off an upset victory, banking on strong support from suburban voters who have drifted toward Democrats in recent years. 

While Carey was largely expected to win the Tuesday special election, Republicans are likely to tout the win as a sign of momentum heading into the 2022 midterm elections, when Democrats’ razor-thin congressional majorities will be on the line.

Carey emerged from a crowded GOP primary field in August after securing the support of former  President Trump , who remains an influential endorser in the Republican Party. 

President Biden  waited until Monday to weigh in on the race, when he offered a last-minute endorsement to Russo.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

It's called "Getting it done in Ohio!"

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    3 years ago
Carey emerged from a crowded GOP primary field in August after securing the support of former  President Trump , who remains an influential endorser in the Republican Party. 

Just sickening to see the R party follow such an abysmal character like Trump. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
2.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago

Just as sickening to see the D party following such abysmal characters as Biden & etal....

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Nowhere Man @2.1    3 years ago

Biden, to me, is just your average politician.   Trump is in a league of his own in terms of lying, narcissism and abuse of his office.    The R party should have distanced themselves from Trump as soon as he engaged in his Big Lie.   The fact that they have done the opposite is inexcusable.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.1    3 years ago
Biden, to me, is just your average politician.

As his son earns thousands for garbage paintings hosting showings after we were all told he would never meet the potential buyers. China Joe knows how to work the whole pay for play gimmick. He even pulled it in Ukraine when his son was working for a Ukrainian oil company, bragged about it in an interview; and the Democrats, mainstream media, and left gave him a full on pass. 

Trump is in a league of his own in terms of lying, narcissism and abuse of his office. 

Really, looked at our southern border recently? Ignoring US immigration laws is not an abuse of office? Seen oil and gas prices? Cancelling oil development contracts on federal lands and the Keystone Oil Pipeline isn't an abuse of office? How about extending the renter moratorium despite a Supreme Court ruling stating it was illegal? Joe is some paragon of virtue all right. His vaccine mandate is sure to throw the US economy over the cliff; and is already having ramifications with work forces in critical areas that are already short staffed. Doctors, nurses, paramedics, police, and military are all set to leave or be forced out of their jobs at the height of a pandemic. But that isn't an abuse of his office. 

The R party should have distanced themselves from Trump as soon as he engaged in his Big Lie. 

When the Democrats distance themselves from Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Schiff, and the rest of their party members they will have room to talk. Five and half years and counting of "Get Trump at all costs"! Legality doesn't matter one damn bit to them. Precedent has taken a hike. Nixon would thrive in today's political climate as spying on a political opponent was not only allowed; but justified by the left. 

The fact that they have done the opposite is inexcusable.

You are right, it is inexcusable. It is also inexcusable that the same corrupt POS Democrats still hold power in Washington right now. They are the leaders of the Democratic Party no less. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    3 years ago

In short, you support Trump regardless of the fact that he tried to steal a presidential election by using the influence of his office with ridiculous lies sans any supporting evidence.   No PotUS in our history has engaged in such disgraceful behavior.   Trump is an abysmal character from whom the R party should distance themselves.   It is both fascinating and sickening to observe partisans like you defend this miserable human being.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.3    3 years ago

In short you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I can't stand Trump; he reminds me of my father- and I wouldn't vote for him for any political position anywhere (unless it was against a Democrat.) 

It came down to the lesser of two evils. Did I want to vote for any Democrat at any level of government after the last five and half years and counting of bullshit they have put this country through; or did I vote straight Republican ticket for the first time ever because they are not Democrats. I was told repeatedly by Democrats that I was to blame for Trump winning in 2016 because I had the temerity to go third party for Gary Johnson. Since Trump was a Republican he got my vote. Biden and the Democrats have proven my choice correct every day.

I notice you defending Biden as the "typical politician". Biden will be recorded as the worst president ever in the history of the US. Your defense of him is inexcusable. The only thing "typical" about him is the absolute stench of corruption and failure.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    3 years ago
In short you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Oh, so you do not support Trump?   Then why are you disagreeing with me?  

I can't stand Trump; he reminds me of my father- and I wouldn't vote for him for any political position anywhere (unless it was against a Democrat.) 

So you recognize Trump's abysmal character.   Do you then agree that the GOP should distance themselves from Trump? 

Be clear, what are you actually complaining about?   Here is my post @2.1.1 to which you took offense;  what, specifically, is your problem?:

TiG @2.1.1 ☞ Biden, to me, is just your average politician.   Trump is in a league of his own in terms of lying, narcissism and abuse of his office.    The R party should have distanced themselves from Trump as soon as he engaged in his Big Lie.   The fact that they have done the opposite is inexcusable.

I notice you defending Biden as the "typical politician".

Defense??  Where do you see defense?   I stated the obvious fact that Biden is a typical politician.   You think that is some kind of defense?    You think 'typical politician' is a good thing?

Losing the R party allegiance to Trump was the point I had made (since that apparently escaped you).

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago

Far better than following Biden.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2    3 years ago
Far better than following Biden.  

Trump is not PotUS right now.   That means the R party can support anyone they choose for their leader.  But they stick with Trump.   If you recognize that Trump has an abysmal character then why would you continue to support him rather than look for another R leader who has similar policies but is at least a halfway decent human being?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.1    3 years ago
Trump is not PotUS right now.   That means the R party can support anyone they choose for their leader.  But they stick with Trump.

Why go with somebody else when you have a possible candidate that is a far cry better than the current administration?  FFS the GOP could nominate a fucking slug and that nomination would have a better record than the Brandon Administration.

If you recognize that Trump has an abysmal character

The problem with that short bit of a statement is NONE of you have pointed out what makes him this abysmal character.  Did he leave half a billion dollars worth of military equipment to our enemy?  Did he botch a withdrawal from a combat zone?  Did he abandon US Citizens and allies in a warzone?  Did he fall asleep during a global meeting?  

Wait! I know.  He lied.  Just like EVERY politician everywhere.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.2    3 years ago
Why go with somebody else when you have a possible candidate that is a far cry better than the current administration? 

Jeremy, forget Biden for just a second and focus.   Trump is a lying sack of shit narcissist who, as PotUS, attempted to steal his reelection.   You know all this.   You also know that Trump is not the only person with an R on his back.   There are plenty of R candidates who would engage in similar policies to Trump and who are not miserable, lying narcissists.

You do not need to stick with Trump.   Why do you continue to do so?   What on Earth is going through the minds of Rs nowadays?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.3    3 years ago
Trump is a lying sack of shit

And there it is.  The go to "reason".  Give it a break.  He's a fucking politician just like Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, Jordan and Cruz.  They all do it.

as PotUS, attempted to steal his reelection.

You mean like a Democrat run 4 year investigation based of the ramblings of the loser in the 2016 election?  And even with that and a heavily biased media was still more successful than the current POTUS who had 50 years and still no accomplishments.

You also know that Trump is not the only person with an R on his back.   

But he is the ONLY one that stood against the establishment (on the global scale), told them to eat shit and got things done. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
2.2.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.4    3 years ago
But he is the ONLY one that stood against the establishment (on the global scale), told them to eat shit and got things done. 

Reagen and Bush 1 did the same, but he was well-spoken, had class, was not a narcissistic misogynist, and didn't lie over things he didn't need to. 

There are better Republicans out there.

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
2.2.6  Nowhere Man  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.2.5    3 years ago
Reagen and Bush 1 did the same, but he was well-spoken, had class, was not a narcissistic misogynist, and didn't lie over things he didn't need to.  There are better Republicans out there.

Very true girl... Ten years in republican white house government I aught to know... Trump was a cad for sure, he engendered a lot of hate in his own party as well... But Hillary generated even more... except on gender she was everything Trump was and then some....

Yes there are better republicans out there, better democrats as well... This can be seen in the internal dystopian disfunction of the democrat party today, republicans have stepped back and are allowing the democrats the floor...

I think it was the best move they could have made, let their own lack of unity stand on it's own....

They think they have so much power that their real beliefs and policies are coming out... And the citizenry isn't liking it one bit....

Heck SEATTLE elected a female district attorney today, A REPUBLICAN! yeah, ultra liberal Seattle elected a republican....

That says a lot about the democrats progressive agenda....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.2.5    3 years ago
Reagen and Bush 1 did the same, but he was well-spoken, had class, was not a narcissistic misogynist, and didn't lie over things he didn't need to. 

There is a grain of truth to that and Glenn Yougkin may have just set the example for Republicans. Trump lost suburban woman when he implied that he didn't care about their "feelings," while Youngkin brought them back to the GOP by acting on their concerns.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.4    3 years ago
They all do it.

Fascinating that you cannot see the profound difference between Trump's Big Lie campaign and the lying of the average politician.

You would stick with a lying, narcissist with an abysmal character rather than consider other Rs who are perfectly capable of pursuing a similar agenda and are almost certainly better human beings.

The R partisan mindset nowadays is bizarre.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.9  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.7    3 years ago
Glenn Yougkin may have just set the example for Republicans.

Hopefully.    The Rs need to break free of the idea that one must be a Trump sycophant to win.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.9    3 years ago
The Rs need to break free of the idea that one must be a Trump sycophant to win.

In tone yes, but the Trump policies are absolutely to be ingrained into the GOP's platform going forward.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.11  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.10    3 years ago

Trump policies were for the most part bread & butter policies of the GOP.   Border security, nationalism, tax cuts, business-friendly, military spending, conservative appointees, religious pandering, etc.   There are a host of Rs who can naturally (because they believe it) take up that mantle.   Trump differed, critically, in fiscal responsibility, family values, genuinely religious, etc.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.2.5    3 years ago
and didn't lie over things he didn't need to. 

Again, He's a fucking politician just like Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, Jordan and Cruz.  They all do it.  Or did you miss that sentence?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.8    3 years ago

Fascinating that you hyper focus on just ONE politician.  

The R partisan mindset nowadays is bizarre.

I'll say it again - The problem with that short bit of a statement is NONE of you have pointed out what makes him this abysmal character.  Did he leave half a billion dollars worth of military equipment to our enemy?  Did he botch a withdrawal from a combat zone?  Did he abandon US Citizens and allies in a warzone?  Did he fall asleep during a global meeting embarrassing the country?  

You would stick with a lying, narcissist with an abysmal character rather than consider other Rs who are perfectly capable of pursuing a similar agenda and are almost certainly better human beings.

You should talk to a "R" then.  I'm not one.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.11    3 years ago
Trump policies were for the most part bread & butter policies of the GOP. 

You think they were only of interest to the GOP?  Take a good look at the poll numbers on Biden's border policy AKA WIDE OPEN BORDERS. 

Who would have ever thought that a President would come up with a "Remain in Mexico policy" which worked so well. Who would have ever thought that a US President would fix those ridiculous trade deals that took advantage of the US?

Who would have thought a US President would call out allies who weren't paying their fair share on NATO?

Who would have thought that a US President would make America energy independent?

And yes he did bring strict constructionists back to the Supreme Court and got a tax cut for middle America and gave rise to all boats in the US economy and he did rebuild a neglected military and he did put America's enemies on notice that he meant business. He came along at the right time and did the things that America desperately needed. Whatever his personal flaws were, they were far outweighed by his great achievements and he did it all vs massive resistance and the great lie of Russia collusion.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.15  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.13    3 years ago
Fascinating that you hyper focus on just ONE politician.  

You do not understand that Trump is the defacto leader of the R party today?   That distinguishes him to most people, why not you?   What surprises you that I note that the defacto leader of the R party is a highly flawed individual and that the R party could easily do better?   Why are you so amazed that I recommend the R party not continue to tarnish itself by clinging to a lying narcissist who, as PotUS, engaged in the most outrageous attempt to steal an election in our nation's history?

How can you possibly not understand that and instead deflect to Biden who no doubt will be a one term PotUS?

You should talk to a "R" then.  I'm not one.

Then why in hell are you defending and supporting Trump??    What causes a non-R to write like a die-hard Trump sycophant?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.16  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.14    3 years ago
You think they were only of interest to the GOP? 

I made no such point.   I was talking about Trump's attractiveness to the GOP.   That does not mean that his policies were exclusive to the GOP only that they fit what the GOP sought.   See?

Whatever his personal flaws were, they were far outweighed by his great achievements and he did it all vs massive resistance and the great lie of Russia collusion.

His personal flaws ARE;  they are not behind him.   And a critical personal flaw that cannot be excused was (and is) his attempt to steal the election with his Big Lie.   No president in our history has ever engaged in anything close to this harmful deception.   What kind of a mind cannot comprehend that Trump tried to steal an election through lies, coercing officials (including his own VP) and bogus lawsuits with no supporting evidence?   What kind of a mind would actually support such a miserable, lying character to again be PotUS??

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.17  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.12    3 years ago
Again, He's a fucking politician just like Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, Jordan and Cruz.  They all do it.  Or did you miss that sentence?

What a pathetically weak argument to excuse Trump's abysmal character with: 'all politicians lie'.   There are degrees of lying, Jeremy, and Trump (especially with his Big Lie) is the all time winner in this category.   To dismiss his behavior with 'everyone does it' is like comparing murder to stealing arguing that they are both 'crimes'.  

'All politicians lie' does not even come close to excusing Trump's Big Lie campaign to steal a presidential election (do not even have to include the balance of his lies during office).

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.18  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.16    3 years ago
I made no such point. 

You said: Trump policies were for the most part bread & butter policies of the GOP.

I was talking about Trump's attractiveness to the GOP.  

He is still a big part of the GOP, whether or not he decides to run in 2024. His popularity is deservedly high. So in that sense you are right.

His personal flaws ARE;  they are not behind him.  

Oh, but in a way they are. As I said before, social media censored him. We don't hear tweets anymore and all that is left are his achievements. You see, the hate-filled media did him a big favor. They gave him a re-birth. Combined with Biden's horrendous performance, Trump may be more popular than ever. Many thanks.

And a critical personal flaw that cannot be excused was (and is) his attempt to steal the election with his Big Lie. 

The man felt he was screwed in an election that had election laws in key states changed, massive mail-in-ballotting and as we have recently learned, election boards in key battleground sates were staffed by Mark Zuckerberg. You can keep telling us how honest that election was, but to many it stunk like week old fish.

What kind of a mind would actually support such a miserable, lying character to again be PotUS??

The kind of mind that is well acquainted with the radical left!!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
2.2.19  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.18    3 years ago

Vic,

I'm sorry. I am with Tig on this. Those elections were looked at by the courts and found to be clean. There was multiple recounts and found to be clean. The big lie is what it is.

And to believe this does not make any of us radical left. That is how Trump lost. The independent vote was turned off with statements like that. Basically, if you are not with us, you are the enemy.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.20  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.11    3 years ago
Border security, nationalism, tax cuts, business-friendly, military spending, conservative appointees, religious pandering, etc.

How is border security a problem?

How is keeping our military current with technology, qualifications, serviceable equipment a problem?

Religious pandering?  The majority of this country is Christian / Catholic.  Under Trump those were supported.  Is that a problem for you?  It doesn't mean a damn thing to me personally, but it's not about me (an individual) it about the country.

The tax cuts helped the country.  Less money ripped from our paychecks means more spending (hence more taxes paid).  It's far better than that made up "rich must pay their fair share" garbage being pushed by the left.

How is being business-friendly a bad thing?  

Trump differed, critically, in fiscal responsibility, family values, genuinely religious, etc.

He did.  He put the country first instead of the partisan shit we are seeing from the D's and the left.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.21  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.17    3 years ago
hat a pathetically weak argument to excuse Trump's abysmal character with: 'all politicians lie'.

Then give me an example or shut the fuck up.  It's that simple.  Every time you all talk about "he's an abysmal character" you all claim "he lied".  Then you leave it at that.  

'All politicians lie' does not even come close to excusing Trump's Big Lie campaign to steal a presidential election (do not even have to include the balance of his lies during office).

An attempt to steal a Presidential election?  Don't give me that shit.  Do you think we are dumb enough to forget about a 4 year investigation into the blathering utterances of the losing party to try to unseat a duly elected President. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.22  devangelical  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.20    3 years ago
He put the country first instead of the partisan shit

... and he added so much more dignity to the office during his twice impeached, never won the popular vote in 2 elections, scandal ridden, questionable pardon awarding, insurrection fomenting, single term.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.23  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.18    3 years ago
You said: Trump policies were for the most part bread & butter policies of the GOP.

That is correct Vic.   And you came back with:  "You think they were only of interest to the GOP? ".

See?    I stated that Trump's policies were something that the GOP would support and you come back and interpret that as being exclusive to the GOP.

Why is it that the most basic English statements constantly must be explained to certain people?

Oh, but in a way they are.

His personal flaws still exist but many Rs continue to inexplicably overlook those flaws.    It is disgusting to observe people support such an abysmal character especially after proving to the world the level of his narcissism and lying after his election loss.

The man felt he was screwed in an election that had election laws in key states changed, massive mail-in-ballotting and as we have recently learned, election boards in key battleground sates were staffed by Mark Zuckerberg. You can keep telling us how honest that election was, but to many it stunk like week old fish.

Show me the evidence that there was any foul play that would have changed the result of the presidential election.   Until you can do that, you have no case whatsoever.   It is sickening that people actually defend Trump's Big Lie.  

The kind of mind that is well acquainted with the radical left!!

You think recognizing Trump's Big Lie (and Trump himself) is 'the radical left'?   Get a grip.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.24  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.20    3 years ago
How is border security a problem?

What are you talking about?    I was describing border security as part of the GOP platform.   Read what I wrote again.   Calm down and try to read without rage clouding your eyes.

He [Trump] put the country first instead of the partisan shit we are seeing from the D's and the left.

Un-fucking-believable.   There is no point talking with someone who actually believes Trump put the nation first.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.25  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.21    3 years ago
Then give me an example or shut the fuck up. 

The example that I have used is Trump's Big Lie.   No need to go further since that illustrated his abysmal character to the world.  

An attempt to steal a Presidential election?  Don't give me that shit. 

You do not comprehend what Trump tried to do after he lost? 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.26  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.24    3 years ago
I was describing border security as part of the GOP platform.  

And I ask you if you think those are bad items?

Calm down and try to read without rage clouding your eyes.

Then pull your head from your 4th point of contact and look around.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.27  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.25    3 years ago
The example that I have used is Trump's Big Lie.

And just as I said.  You left it at that.  You give no example of what this "big lie" is this week. 

You do not comprehend what Trump tried to do after he lost?

Just as you don't comprehend what Democrats did after they lost.  But for some reason you seem completely oblivious about it.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.28  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.26    3 years ago
And I ask you if you think those are bad items?

No I do not think those are bad things.    Focus, Jeremy, on what we are discussing.   I listed basic elements of the GOP platform and noted that there are plenty of GOP politicians who support that platform.   There is no reason for the GOP to continue to tarnish itself by clinging to Trump.  

Then pull your head from your 4th point of contact and look around.

Writes a guy who denies that Trump's Big Lie was an attempt to steal the presidency.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.29  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.27    3 years ago
  You give no example of what this "big lie" is this week. 

You do not understand what the term 'Big Lie' refers to?   There is no 'big lie' this week, the 'Big Lie' is Trump's lying campaign where he declared, with no evidence, that the election was a fraud, sought to coerce officials to change the votes and supported 61+ failed lawsuits all in an attempt to steal a second term.

You pay any attention at all to what is going on in the world?

Just as you don't comprehend what Democrats did after they lost. 

Focus, Jeremy, focus.   Your deflection attempts are pathetic.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.30  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.29    3 years ago
You pay any attention at all to what is going on in the world?

Yes I do. 

• 13 fellow servicemembers killed in Afghanistan because of a failure by the current administration. 
  • 1/2 billion dollars worth of equipment left to our enemies because of a failure of the current administration.  
  • Jobs are in the shitter because of the failure of the current administration
  • The US had to suffer the embarrassment due to the blundering idiot we sent to the Climate Conference fell asleep on GOLBAL TV.
  • Government spending is in the trillions and we are only 11 months into the term.
  • A President who supposedly had the most ever votes now has approval ratings in the can.

and you expect me to think the GOP and Trump are the problem?  

Focus, Jeremy, focus.   Your deflection attempts are pathetic

I'm focused.  And I'm not buying your selective bullshit.  

The "big lie" you keep harping about is supposedly an attempt to steal an election.  You know, exactly what the Democrats did from 2016 to 2020.  But you expect me to forget that?  Fuck that.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.31  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.30    3 years ago
... and you expect me to think the GOP and Trump are the problem?  

You are deflecting yet again.   Understandable since your argument is pathetic.

The "big lie" you keep harping about is supposedly an attempt to steal an election. 

How can anyone not recognize that Trump's Big Lie campaign was an attempt to steal the election??

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.32  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.31    3 years ago
How can anyone not recognize that Trump's Big Lie campaign was an attempt to steal the election?

I guess the same way you can't recognize that the Democrats tried the same thing from 2016 to 2020.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.33  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.32    3 years ago
I guess the same way you can't recognize that the Democrats tried the same thing from 2016 to 2020.

What are you talking about?   You are comparing the Ds to Trump?   I am talking about an individual who is the defacto leader of the R party and potential candidate and you compare that individual to partisan politics by the D party.   Hello?

Do you comprehend what I have been talking about?   I am talking about a sitting president engaging in a two month campaign (and continued after office) lying to the world with no evidence that the election was a fraud, coercing officials (and legislatures), filing 61+ lawsuits, working his supporters into a frenzy, etc.

You compare that to, what, the partisan impeachments and other witch hunts as a way of excusing Trump's behavior??  

Get out of your 'they did it too' mentality and comprehend what Trump did and figure out if it makes sense for the R party to continue to support that miserable, lying, narcissist as the defacto leader.    Do you actually think this is the type of character that should lead the R party (any party)?   Because that, Jeremy, is the point.

Note also that your first 'rebuttal' to me was you reading my list of R platform items and (inexplicably) presuming that I was claiming they were bad.  I was listing GOP platform items that, per my point, most any R would support because they are bread & butter for the GOP.    So no need for Trump to act on the GOP platform; there are others who can do it instead ... and very likely would be superior human beings.   Right off the bat you demonstrate that you cannot read plain English without ridiculous presumption. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.34  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.23    3 years ago
His personal flaws still exist but many Rs continue to inexplicably overlook those flaws.

It's hardly "inexplicable".  They've been explaining it for the better part of 6 years now.  It's just that nobody listens to them....which is their point.

It is disgusting to observe people support such an abysmal character especially after proving to the world the level of his narcissism and lying after his election loss.

He's a disgusting figure.  He has zero redeeming qualities. 

He is also the only political figure of the last 30 years able to begin to come close to expressing the level of "fuck you" that working class, blue collar Americans feel toward condescending elites who they see as spitting on them from on high.

So yeah....they overlook all his flaws. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.35  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @2.2.34    3 years ago

Out of all the possible R leaders in the world, and after what Trump has demonstrated in terms of an abysmal character, many (most) Rs continue to view Trump as their defacto leader and support him for PotUS.   You believe that they (here, 'they'=presumably, moderate to low income people) think Trump actually 'fights' for them and his lack of integrity, lying, narcissism and unpresidential behavior is an insufficient reason for them to rally behind another R who holds similar positions to Trump?

If so, our electorate is more naive (and ill-informed) than I would have thought possible (and my view of our electorate has not been complimentary for decades).

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.36  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.35    3 years ago
Out of all the possible R leaders in the world, and after what Trump has demonstrated in terms of an abysmal character, many (most) Rs continue to view Trump as their defacto leader and support him for PotUS.

Currently, probably so.  I suspect that will change as new faces emerge. 

I would say they view him more as their champion rather than their leader.  This is not a group of people who generally feel like they need to be led.  

You believe that they (here, 'they'=presumably, moderate to low income people)

Not necessarily.  Trump supporters come at all income levels.  Plumbers and electricians are often 6 figure guys.  The majority of them are people who see themselves as hardworking, decent, "regular" Americans who are trying to do what they were raised to believe are the right things to do.  But in their eyes, the country has devolved in such a way that doing those things seems more futile every passing year.

think Trump actually 'fights' for them and his lack of integrity, lying, narcissism and unpresidential behavior is an insufficient reason for them to rally behind another R who holds similar positions to Trump?

It's not just about positions.  Trump isn't smart enough to come up with most of these plans on his own, anyway.  As you've already noted, they're pretty much pulled from a traditional Republican playbook.  

Their support for him is built on his ability to express their anger.  I think you're really overlooking the whole "fuck you" part of this equation.

If so, our electorate is more naive (and ill-informed) than I would have thought possible (and my view of our electorate has not been complimentary for decades).

Well....there you have it. 

You look down your nose at these people, and they know it.   They're not stupid.  They know you and others like you believe yourselves to be better, more intelligent, more enlightened people than they are, despite your collective inability to grasp why that might actually piss them off.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.37  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.33    3 years ago
You are comparing the Ds to Trump?  

There is no comparison.  What Trump SAID and what the D's DID are 2 different worlds.  Your failure to see the problem with that is telling.

You compare that to, what, the partisan impeachments and other witch hunts as a way of excusing Trump's behavior??

I don't excuse his behavior at all.  Record low unemployment (especially in areas the D's have pandered to for decades).  Highest number of jobs brought back to the country.  Military capability usage restored that put ISIS on their heels.  Nope.  Don't excuse that behavior at all.  

Get out of your 'they did it too' mentality and comprehend what Trump did 

Still waiting on exactly what that was.  Or are you referring to the "Big Lie" that seems to change from week to week.

Do you actually think this is the type of character that should lead the R party (any party)?   Because that, Jeremy, is the point.

YES.  Despite all your temper tantrums, unfounded claims and "inquiries" the country saw success on a global scale during Trump's time in office.  Even with a bullshit attempt to unseat a duly elected President and failed hoax after failed hoax.  He didn't play the political bullshit games (maybe that's what upset many).  He stood up to NATO and the UN and forced their hands to relive the US of much of what we were doing and paying.  He saw the bullshit of sending money for a "Climate Tax" with nothing being shown for it.  He called out Iran on their nuclear ambitions and was right.  He got North Korea leader Kim Jong Un to meet with him (something that wasn't accomplished before).  

But for some reason you CHOOSE to ignore this list of accomplishments and focus on something he SAID.  All the while ignoring that what he said, was actually attempted during his time in office.   So keep clinging to your "Big Lie" theory.  I'd rather have a person like Trump in office than the dementia riddled failure currently filling the position.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.38  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @2.2.36    3 years ago
They know you and others like you ...

Where did this personal crap come from?     Do you find the electorate to be well-informed and make wise decisions?    Do you hold the opinion that most voters know their candidates and positions and are not voting on single issues / name-recognition / habit / party-line / ... ?   Do you find that our eligible voters, as a whole, are engaged and attempting to ensure we have quality representation?

Do you find that the politicians we have elected are good for the nation;   that we could not do substantially better if the electorate was better informed and engaged?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.39  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.37    3 years ago
What Trump SAID and what the D's DID are 2 different worlds. 

Yeah, Jeremy, that is what I just told you.   You made the faulty comparison between Trump and the D's.   Did you forget what you wrote?

I don't excuse his behavior at all. 

You translate the word 'behavior' into 'acts of office' (and credit the office simply gets) while blatantly ignoring his personal behavior (that which I clearly was addressing).

Still waiting on exactly what that was. 

My repeated clear example has been the Big Lie and in particular what Trump did pursuant to that in the two months after the election loss.    All you need do is read what I wrote.

But for some reason you CHOOSE to ignore this list of accomplishments and focus on something he SAID. 

Wrong.   I have clearly and repeatedly stated that Trump's abysmal character should convince people that he should never hold a public office (much less PotUS).   You apparently ignore the fact that he tried to steal reelection through a campaign of lies, lawsuits and coercion.  It is historically outrageous — no other PotUS in our history has done anything even close to this.   All is ignored and you and others continue to support Trump simply because he acted on core GOP policies when many other R politicians are fully capable of doing likewise.

Why do you continue to support Trump as the leader of the GOP and potential candidate for PotUS rather than seek a GOP leader / candidate who is at least a decent human being?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.40  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.38    3 years ago
Where did this personal crap come from?

Your comments.  You don't even make an effort to temper your disdain.

Do you find the electorate to be well-informed and make wise decisions?    Do you hold the opinion that most voters know their candidates and positions and are not voting on single issues / name-recognition / habit / party-line / ... ?Do you find that our eligible voters, as a whole, are engaged and attempting to ensure we have quality representation?

Attempting?  Yeah, I think so.  Achieving?  Probably not, but that is in no way unique to Trump supporters.

I think Trump supporters chose the person they believed most closely represented their opinions.  I realize that probably does not meet our definition of "quality representation", but I think that brings us back to how fed up they were/are.

Do you find that the politicians we have elected are good for the nation; that we could not do substantially better if the electorate was better informed and engaged

Maybe.  But I'm not sure the electorate has ever been that well informed.  We didn't get here overnight.  We've spent decades making the multiple series of decisions that led us here. 

The last politician that I remember being good for the nation was Reagan.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.41  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @2.2.40    3 years ago
Your comments.  You don't even make an effort to temper your disdain.

Jack, you are a poster sitting at a computer reading comments.   You have no means to understand my personal feelings so it would be best for you to not presume.  Especially when you leap to author personal insults about my (or anyone's) character.   That is way out of line.   

The fact that I am critical of the US electorate —especially given our performance over the past few decades— does not translate into disdain (etc.) for same.   (To be clear:  my best friend is still a Trump supporter.)    It translates into disappointment (if you want an emotion) but more importantly, it suggests strongly that our political situation is likely to not improve any time soon.

I think Trump supporters chose the person they believed most closely represented their opinions. 

Well of course they did.   Trump clearly is favored because of his policies.   Everyone I know personally who favors Trump (and I know plenty of people in this category) has told me that they support his policies in spite of the individual.   Here on NT we can, for the most part, see the exact same response.    So it would seem that Trump supporters are willing to put forth such a miserable human being as Trump as the defacto leader of the GOP and potential candidate for PotUS simply because of his policies.   What is inexplicable (to me) is the widespread GOP support for Trump (especially after his Big Lie behavior post election loss) rather than distance themselves from Trump and seek a new defacto leader and a new GOP candidate for PotUS.    Short-sighted is an understatement.

But I'm not sure the electorate has ever been that well informed. 

I think the electorate was far better informed during the middle of the 20th century (during and after the Great Depression).    As we got past that and grew into prosperity we naturally became more indifferent to more global matters;  life is good (or good enough) to not worry so much about who we elect and why.

Nowadays we should be very informed given the ease of access for information.   There is no excuse for voting simply by name-recognition, etc. (one example).

Finally, being critical of a group does not, in itself, equate with disdain, elitism, etc.   Being critical of the USA as a whole does not mean one is necessarily unpatriotic.   Being critical of the electorate does not give you or anyone else the foundation to declare insulating personal attributes.   

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.42  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.41    3 years ago
You have no means to understand my personal feelings so it would be best for you to not presume.

Let's both agree to that, then.

Especially when you leap to author personal insults about my (or anyone's) character.   That is way out of line.

I don't consider what I wrote an assault on your character.  That was not my intent and I do apologize.

The fact remains that you said you believed our "electorate is more naive (and ill-informed) than you would have thought possible", and you based that statement on the beliefs of Trump supporters. 

Trump clearly is favored because of his policies.   Everyone I know personally who favors Trump (and I know plenty of people in this category) has told me that they support his policies in spite of the individual.

I think it's partially to do with policy.  I live in Texas, so I live among large numbers of Trump supporters, and many of them say the same thing.   It definitely helps that most of the policies in question are reasonably sensible.  But I hear people talk about a lot of other reasons, also.

Some of this is about policy, and a great deal of it is simply about finally feeling like somebody respects them and acts like they're not unwashed racist idiots.

What is inexplicable (to me) is the widespread GOP support for Trump (especially after his Big Lie behavior post election loss) rather than distance themselves from Trump and seek a new defacto leader and a new GOP candidate for PotUS.  Short-sighted is an understatement.

I think they will do that when an alternative appears.  It's still very early.

I think the electorate was far better informed during the middle of the 20th century (during and after the Great Depression).    As we got past that and grew into prosperity we naturally became more indifferent to more global matters;  life is good (or good enough) to not worry so much about who we elect and why.

Maybe.  It would be an interesting study.

Nowadays we should be very informed given the ease of access for information.   There is no excuse for voting simply by name-recognition, etc. (one example).

IMO, the problem is that we have access to information but so many people lack the basic math and science skills to interpret and apply it that it's not useful.  I realize I rail all the time about the disastrous state of American schools, but if we believe that a democracy depends on an educated electorate, then terrible schools are a huge problem.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.43  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @2.2.42    3 years ago
The fact remains that you said you believed our "electorate is more naive (and ill-informed) than you would have thought possible", and you based that statement on the beliefs of Trump supporters. 

That is correct.   I would have never predicted so many in the electorate would continue to support Trump after all we know of him and especially after his Big Lie post-loss campaign.  It is a troubling level of ignorance / poor judgment.   And to have that support be so strong that the GOP itself bows to it and backs Trump.    It makes one wonder what it takes for Trump supporters to recognize that Trump should never be the leader of a party and never be an official, much less the president of the USA.   Does he really have to murder someone in public (as he noted) for people to recognize the need to follow someone else?

Some of this is about policy, and a great deal of it is simply about finally feeling like somebody respects them and acts like they're not unwashed racist idiots.

I never hear that nowadays from my circle.   It is always policy.   Also, I have never heard them complain of prior GOP officials making them feel like unwashed racist idiots.   The complaints they have had of both parties actually is that politicians are corrupt and are self-serving.   The old career politician complaint.   When Trump first ran, many of them indeed saw him as an anti-politician and they liked that (I would like that too if it were the case).   But I am focused on the present and at this point it should be clear that not only is Trump just as slimy and self-serving as any politician, but he takes it to a new level.   How anyone can think Trump cares about them and is going to 'drain the swamp' etc is bizarre.

I think they will do that when an alternative appears.  It's still very early.

If the electorate continues to prop up Trump no alternative will appear (or at least not one who can gain traction).

IMO, the problem is that we have access to information but so many people lack the basic math and science skills to interpret and apply it that it's not useful. 

It does not take statistical acumen to understand that Trump is an abysmal character who should never be allowed public power.   Common sense alone should reveal that Trump is willing to engage in an outrageous level of lying in an attempt to get his way.   That he places himself far above the good of the nation (e.g.  talking down the pandemic in an attempt to preserve positive market psychology).   That he has no magical power over the economy.   That he is willing to engage in historical levels of scorched earth tactics to get his way (e.g. the damage he did to our electoral system with his Big Lie).

To me this is simple.   If the GOP were to turn from Trump and rally behind a new leader, Trump would fade away and the GOP will have a chance to rid itself of the Trump infection and maybe gain back some level of respect over the next few election cycles.   Not only is that good for the GOP, it is good for the nation.   We need at least three strong parties so moving in the opposite direction (from 2 to 1) is disastrous.    Also, it would be healthy if we could start electing (at least for PotUS) individuals who set an example for the upcoming generations.    Decent, competent leaders who represent our nation's values on the world stage.   (Not holding my breath.)

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.44  bugsy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.37    3 years ago
the "Big Lie"

Although many of us knew this already, Durham finally confirmed the Big lie came from the left in the form of the Russia hoax and Hillary.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.45  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @2.2.44    3 years ago
Durham finally confirmed the Big lie came from the left in the form of the Russia hoax and Hillary

Surely you know that the phrase 'the Big Lie' refers to Trump's post-election-loss con job.

You know that, right?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.46  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.45    3 years ago

The  term  "Big Lie"  predates Trump and is certainly as applicable to the Steele dossier as anything Trump did. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.47  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.45    3 years ago
'the Big Lie' refers to Trump's post-election-loss con job

quickly closing in on the 1 year anniversary of that pile of trump bullshit...

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.48  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.43    3 years ago
I would have never predicted so many in the electorate would continue to support Trump after all we know of him and especially after his Big Lie post-loss campaign.  It is a troubling level of ignorance / poor judgment.

I really think it comes down to "lack of an alternative".

I never hear that nowadays from my circle.   It is always policy. 

I think my circles may drink more than your circles do.   ;) 

In vino veritas and all.

If the electorate continues to prop up Trump no alternative will appear

I sometimes think Democrats are working very hard to make sure one does not appear.  

It does not take statistical acumen to understand that Trump is an abysmal character who should never be allowed public power.

I'm not talking about statistical acumen.  There isn't any t-square or chi-square distribution here. 

I'm talking about understanding percents well enough to recognize that I need to get my silly ass vaccinated....or understanding the difference between millions, billions, and trillions.  I'm talking about being able to figure out a number that represents a person's "fair share" of tax before I accuse people of not paying theirs.  

If people weren't so utterly shite at math, they would recognize that a migrant caravan of 3,000 people isn't a problem when we have ten million vacant jobs.  A person has to be utterly inept at math to believe almost anything Bernie Sanders or AOC say about healthcare.

All that to say, the electorate has been voting on their "feelings" at least since 1960.  Trump is an extension of that.  Basic, basic, basic math skills would eliminate most of this extremist bullshit people convince themselves they believe and would eliminate characters like Trump, AOC, Bernie, Hawley, and that horrific Marjorie woman.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.49  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.46    3 years ago
The  term  "Big Lie"  predates Trump and is certainly as applicable to the Steele dossier as anything Trump did. 

Sean, why is it that some here must debate/misuse even common phrases?    In 2021, the most recent meaning to the phrase 'the Big Lie' is the post-election-loss con-job perpetrated by Trump and his sycophants.

I think everyone knows this so why play this obtuse game?   Or are you one of those who believe that the election was not stolen and that Trump really did not perpetrate a big lie?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.50  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @2.2.48    3 years ago
Basic, basic, basic math skills would eliminate most of this extremist bullshit people convince themselves they believe and would eliminate characters like Trump, AOC, Bernie, Hawley, and that horrific Marjorie woman.

I do not think it is an arithmetic issue either.   It is a failure to think critically.    Your examples are easy to understand (even with elementary school arithmetic skills).   People can easily understand that getting vaccinated will dramatically reduce one's chance of getting infected with COVID-19 and, even if a break-through, will have less severe symptoms.   I doubt the hold outs are incapable of understanding this.   The problem is that they are thinking emotionally ... engaging in conformist thinking ... following their pack.   They have this notion that the vaccinations are a power play by the government and they refuse to submit.   It is irrational and no amount of math education would make a difference.

Same holds with the Sanders' agenda.   Those supporting it are not even considering how it could possibly work.  They presume it will 'all work out' and support Sanders because they like the promised goodies.   Again, irrational, no amount of economic, budgeting, etc. skills would change their 'feelings'.

All that to say, the electorate has been voting on their "feelings" at least since 1960. 

So yes, 'feelings' most definitely seems to be what drives voting decisions.   I do not see a lack of education as the issue but an unwillingness to think critically and, instead, resort to going with what 'feels' right.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.51  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.50    3 years ago
I do not think it is an arithmetic issue either.   It is a failure to think critically.

I won't refute that, but the attempted numerical justifications are like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

I have a Trumpy friend who told me a few weeks ago she's not getting vaccinated because the virus has a 98.3% survival rate.  

I've stopped arguing with these morons, but I wanted to remind her that if literally anything else in her life was likely to kill her one out of every 50 times it happened, she would do everything she could to avoid that risk.

If 1 in 50 airplanes crashed, she'd never dream of getting on one.  If 1 in every 50 car rides was fatal, they'd be outlawed.  But in her "mind", 1 in 50 is not dangerous at all.  Dipshit.  Skydiving is 5100 times safer.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.52  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @2.2.51    3 years ago
I've stopped arguing with these morons, ...

Some people are unreachable.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.2.53  MrFrost  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.37    3 years ago
Highest number of jobs brought back to the country.  Military capability usage restored that put ISIS on their heels.  Nope.  Don't excuse that behavior at all. 

Trump was the first president in 100 years to LOSE jobs, (3 million). Our military has always been well funded, it's 10x the size of the next biggest military. ISIS was on it's heels when dipshit donny took office. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    3 years ago

The elections yesterday didn't turn out too well for Democrats.

Perhaps a look into what 2022 will look like?

Especially if Democrats can't even agree on their President's signature legislation and having such a master as Nancy Pelosi pulling strings in the House.

Or is it the Progressive Caucus really in charge there?

Looks like America isn't quite ready to fully embrace "woke-ism" and far left giveaway programs.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @3    3 years ago

If the actions of Democrats prior to yesterday's elections are any indication, I can see the race baiting will increase significantly.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1    3 years ago

It will, because Dems can't run on accomplishments.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago

They never could.  

epistte
Junior Participates
3.1.3  epistte  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1    3 years ago

What race-baiting are you referring to?  This claim is just more projection from you and the GOP.

epistte
Junior Participates
3.1.4  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    3 years ago

What positive have the GOP done  in the past 10 years? Electing a Klan dragon and a Russian stooge isn't a positive.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @3.1.4    3 years ago
What positive have the GOP done  in the past 10 years? Electing a Klan dragon and a Russian stooge isn't a positive.

Nice dodge.

You do get that we are talking about Democrats here, right?

Don't be mad about the results from Tuesday, it will get worse for Democrats.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  epistte @3.1.3    3 years ago
What race-baiting are you referring to? 

You call them Demorcat campaign tactics.

This claim is just more projection from you and the GOP.

It wasn't the GOP that showed up at a rally with Tiki Torches was it.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
3.1.7  Freewill  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.6    3 years ago
It wasn't the GOP that showed up at a rally with Tiki Torches was it.

Are you talking about the Youngkin campaign incident?  That was a group of anti-Trump Lincoln Project folks .  Apparently it was a poor attempt to link Youngkin to Trump as a means to hurt his campaign, but the way it was painted by some in the media and the McAuliffe campaign , I think the "race baiting" description is somewhat relevant, but that apparently was not the intent by the organizers. 

epistte
Junior Participates
4  epistte    3 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @4    3 years ago

[deleted]