related

American Values - One story at a time. – Heroes Of Liberty

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Liberal commentator Sam Seder said at first it looked like a parody or satire video, but it is real.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Teaching traditional American values is good thing. Teaching opposing and alternative views is a good thing. Ya know, the freedom of expression thing.  Liberty and freedom in action.

The mock horror expressed by these liberal panelists is amusing

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @2    2 years ago

I could agree with some of these books if not for the fact that

a) They are promoted at the expense of "woke" material , some of which presumably is about the same people or topics, 

and 

b) Such books as the "Heroes Of Liberty" series  inevitably whitewash large parts of American history.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

Hmph! Well, parents do have the right to read whatever they want to to their children but what ever happened to the classics like Peter Rabbit and the Henry Huggins series of books? Now those taught kids stuff. And it wasn't politicized

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

At least they included the token black “hero”.  Aside from that this woman and her friend are as lilly white as it gets.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    2 years ago

Thomas Sowell is not really a hero to blacks. He is a right wing conservative ideologue. 

I see Harriet Tubman is also there.  I wonder if the book about her in the series identifies whites , specifically, as the perpetrators of racism. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I see one of the books is about John Wayne. Now I like the John Wayne character in the movies. Some of my favorite westerns star John Wayne ( True Grit, Rio Bravo, Big Jake, The Searchers) and in general these characters are admirable in the films.  But in real life John Wayne's character is much more problematical.  In the early 50's he was a McCarthyite of sorts in that he supported the witch hunting House committee that created Hollywood blacklists. In his later years Wayne gave an interview with Playboy which was widely seen as being racist toward blacks and native Americans. 

So there are two sides to the John Wayne story, but is this "Heroes Of Liberty"  going to show the two sides? Of course not. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

A white supremacist (self-admitted) and draft dodger, quite the hero.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago
John Wayne once said that the taking of land from Native Americans was justifiable because “there were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves".

Particularly, Wayne was unsparingly unsympathetic to the plight of real Native Americans (still termed “Indians” in the parlance of the times) who had been portrayed as adversaries in so many of his films, expressing his viewpoint that they deserved whatever misfortunes had befallen them, and that modern Americans bore no responsibility for addressing wrongs done to Native Americans by previous generations:

John Wayne Interview on Slavery, Native Americans, Draws New Controversy (townhall.com)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6  Split Personality    2 years ago

American capitalism at it's finest.

Each of the first three books is $25.00.  (but they have monthly subscriptions, or discounted annual plans and a 2 year prepaid plan )

Is John Wayne really a hero?

How the F is Margaret Thacher an American hero?

OR Amy Barrett?

OR you could go to a used book store and get some older books written before wokeism for a few dollars....

support you local business instead.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
7  SteevieGee    2 years ago

What you get for xmas Wally?

Gee Eddie, I just got a stupid book about Margaret Thatcher.

Who's Margaret Thatcher?

I dunno.  It'll look nice on my shelf though.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

What makes Amy Barrett an American hero?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @8    2 years ago

Good question. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago