╌>

Trump Tells Joe Rogan to 'Stop Apologizing' to 'Fake News'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  7 comments

By:   Kipp Jones (Mediaite)

Trump Tells Joe Rogan to 'Stop Apologizing' to 'Fake News'
Trump commented on embattled podcaster Joe Rogan Monday, and advised him to stop apologizing to the media and to the "Radical Left maniacs and lunatics."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Kipp JonesFeb 7th, 2022, 11:07 pm Twitter share button <?php // Post Body ?>

Former President Donald Trump commented on embattled podcaster Joe Rogan Monday, and advised him to stop apologizing to the media and to the "Radical Left maniacs and lunatics."

Rogan came under fire two weeks ago when rocker Neil Young offered Spotify an ultimatum to either pull his music or drop Rogan. The 76-year-old accused the popular podcaster of spreading misinformation about Covid vaccines.

Spotify chose Rogan, and so Young left with his music. Other musicians have since bailed on the streamer.

Joni Mitchell, Graham Nash, David Crosby, Stephen Stills and India Arie all pulled their respective music catalogues, along with others. Spotify announced it would update its platform rules and slap a content advisory onto content that deals with Covid-19, but generally sided with Rogan over artists calling for a boycott.

Rogan posted a lengthy video in which he explained himself.

"I'm very sorry that they feel that way," Rogan said. "I most certainly don't want that. I'm a Neil Young fan. I've always been a Neil Young fan. And definitely no hard feelings towards Joni Mitchell. I love her, too."

Over the weekend, a supercut video of Rogan using the N-word over the years in various conversations went viral online — leading to an immense backlash against Spotify and an apology from Rogan.

Rogan explained and apologized.

"I know that to most people there's no context where a white person is ever allowed to say that word, never mind publicly on a podcast and I agree with that now. I haven't said it in years," Rogan said. "It's not my word to use, I'm well aware of that now."

Commenting that the viral video lacked context, Rogan added, "I never used it to be racist because I'm not racist."

On Monday evening, Trump weighed in through a statement issued from his Save America PAC:

Joe Rogan is an interesting and popular guy, but he's got to stop apologizing to the Fake News and Radical Left maniacs and lunatics. How many ways can you say you're sorry? Joe, just go about what you do so well and don't let them make you look weak and frightened. That's not you and it never will be!

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under: Donald TrumpJoe RoganSpotify Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Trump clearly feels that Rogan's audience is a branch of Trumpism, and he is mainly right. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Interesting that the cancel crew could not get him canceled on "misinformation" so they pulled out their ole standby, racist!  Since he was a vocal Bernie supporter I guess that makes Bernie the grand wizard.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

He should stop apologizing.  No matter what he says it will not be enough for the far left cancelation brigade.  Every time he opens his mouth it keeps the "controversy" going.  People have a short attention span so at this point keeping quiet would be his best strategy.  People will realize their cancelation attempt failed and move onto their next victim.  I see a turning point in cancel culture the more they fail or the more they turn on their own, even Mika Brzezinski says enough is enough.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @2    2 years ago
He should stop apologizing.

He apologized once.  Give him his 2 week suspension and everything will be fine.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

I’m sure Rogan’s viewership is growing with every facet of his overly publicized scandals.  Unintended consequences from people who are wanting to see what all the hubbub is about.  A podcast guy getting his mug out visually at every possible opportunity probably is not hurting him economically.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    2 years ago

I agree, I listened to 3 of his podcasts (or part of them) since this started.  Never listened to him before this.  I thought they were interesting, he seems to be a pretty good interviewer, asking questions and letting the person respond without talking over them.  Refreshing in this day and age.  But 3 hours really?  My attention span is gone after about 45 minutes and I heard nothing compelling enough to start again where I left off.  But nothing I heard (and I looked for a couple of his more provocative interviews) that would lead me to believe he is doing anything to create all the outrage.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1    2 years ago

I remember seeing Rogan’s standup comedy special years back and was surprised at how good it was.  It was funny, edgy, and real, like Chapelle and Louis CK.  I’ve never listened to his podcast, but yeah at three hours that’s a bit ridiculous.  Comedy is one thing, endless hours of serious social commentary from a quasi comedian / entertainer is a different animal.