╌>

Ricky Schroder calls on US truckers to 'shut down' Washington, DC

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   Joshua Rhett Miller (New York Post)

Ricky Schroder calls on US truckers to 'shut down' Washington, DC
The 51-year-old former "Silver Spoons" star laid out his support for the ongoing protests in the north in a lengthy video on Wednesday.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Joshua Rhett Miller

February 11, 2022 | 10:17am

Actor Ricky Schroder has called on US truckers to "shut down" Washington over COVID-19 vaccine mandates, as he praised Canada's "Freedom Convoy" truckers.

The 51-year-old former "Silver Spoons" star laid out his support for the ongoing protests in the north in a lengthy video to his 69,000 Instagram followers on Wednesday.

Schroder, who recorded himself sitting outside beside a fire, started the clip by reading a Bible verse before shifting his attention to the "Freedom Convoy" protesters.

"I think we see what we're facing here," Schroder said. "It's an evil that is trying to be forced upon our children, upon us. And God bless the Canadian truckers and the Canadian cowboys up there on the border."

Schroder said he's heard there's "great potential" of similar protests unfolding in the United States, where truckers and other vaccine mandate critics may reportedly descend upon Washington, DC, and state capitals as early as Super Bowl Sunday.

"Our truckers are gonna maybe start mobilizing and doing what we need to do, which is shut down DC, shut down Sacramento, shut down Albany, shut down these states and these [capitals] until we root out this evil that was almost perpetrated on us," the actor said. "We were so asleep."

The Department of Homeland Security issued a bulletin Tuesday warning against the potential of copycat protests unfolding in the US, where a "convoy of truckers" may block roads in major cities in protest of vaccine mandates, Yahoo News reported.

Ricky Schroder shared the video with his 69,000 Instagram followers on Wednesday.Ricky Schroder/Instagram

The convoy could "start in California" as early as mid-February and reach DC as late as mid-March, although one source told Yahoo News the protesters won't likely get to DC until late March — or even early April.

The bulletin said the convoy appeared to be "purely aspirational," but that could "change quickly," according to the report.

DHS confirmed to The Post Thursday that it was tracking "a potential convoy that may be planning to travel to several U.S. cities."

On Thursday, the White House urged Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to use federal powers to get trucks moving as the blockade on the Ambassador Bridge continues to disrupt economies on both sides of the border.

Protesters and supporters seal off the flow of commercial traffic from Detroit to Canada on Feb. 10.Getty ImagesSigns from protesters sit outside the Canadian Parliament buildings in Ottawa.Getty ImagesFarmers block Highway 402 to protest vaccine mandates on Feb. 10.AFP via Getty Images

The international bridge, which links Windsor, Ontario, to Detroit, carries 25% of all trade between the US and Canada.

Filed under actors , COVID vaccine , protests , public health , social media , truckers , 2/11/22 trending now

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Delusions of grandeur

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Ricky who?

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    2 years ago

Another far rightwing instigator sewing anarchy...

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  JBB @2    2 years ago

... thumped out, then trumped out.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2  Split Personality  replied to  JBB @2    2 years ago

sowing jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.2.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Split Personality @2.2    2 years ago

i wasnt going to say anything , im not a grammar nazi ......i knew what he meant . and its not anarchy if the choice is the drivers to make .

zuksam
Junior Silent
3  zuksam    2 years ago

I don't think people should be blocking roads, I didn't like it when Black Lives Matter or Antifa did it and I don't like it any better now. The right to protest doesn't include the right to block other people from going about their lives.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  zuksam @3    2 years ago

I agree.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  zuksam @3    2 years ago

agreed, they do not have the right to block others travels , but they also are not indentured servants , or employees of the federal government , not much the feds can do really if this grows legs .

the union MIGHT hold some sway , and they are mostly centered in the more urban areas , they simply might take some of their members and reposition them . and then again , most CDL drivers are not union or teamster members ..not the ones i have met or worked with ..

might be time for some to think about ways to recruit drivers that are local, or come up with some incentives to encourage drivers to move locally  or at least make it worth it to those not local. but thats not likely .

Might also be prudent for some to think of alternate ways to get what they will need and have it shipped through UPS or fed Ex if this does grow legs and starts traveling, after all cdl truck drivers dont have to take orders and go where told if they choose not to .

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.2    2 years ago

then again it might just be time to make the money and deliver the goods.

Customers have memories too, and I'm not calling anyone involved with this any time soon.

I have shit stuck in Canada for weeks now, and while cancellation is unlikely, it still has to clear customs

and will affect my February income.

It's not good to fuck with my income.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.2.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Split Personality @3.2.1    2 years ago
It's not good to fuck with my income.

its not a good idea to do that with ANYONES, i believe.

And i totally understand your position , it will be interesting to see how it all works out .