╌>

Are you smarter than a college jeopardy contestant?

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  13 comments

Are you smarter than a college jeopardy contestant?

This was the final jeopardy question on one of the college jeopardy championships quarterfinal shows tonight . None of the contestants knew the correct answer

The category was recent biographies

According to a recent biography, during his reign he hated slavery and may have had bipolar disorder.

--≠==============

None of the three  college whiz kids knew the answer which I thought was relatively easy. Do you know it?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I would have thought a super smart college student would have known this but maybe they don't study history.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    2 years ago

I was watching while riding my exercise bike, I knew some of answers but not Final Jeopardy 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

I’m actually reading that particular biography right now so I’d have had no excuse to miss it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

I haven't seen the book but I did know the answer.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    2 years ago

Don't know for sure but, "Who was King George III?"

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
4.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago

I think you are right. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    2 years ago

I don't watch the show....so I don't know, nor do I care

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
6  Nowhere Man    2 years ago

I believe it was Abraham Lincoln... The biographies over the years have painted over what was called at the time his "Melancholia" which today would be diagnosed situationally as severe depression... But he also had a fiery temper, in which he would lash out at his enemies, all in private of course in public he would use his sardonic wit and debate skills to destroy his debate opponents...

Categorically, from digging up old remembrances and testimonies from those that knew him, he would be diagnosed as such a personality, well controlled though...

Funny thing is, it was one of his strengths, made him think about the human condition and how he could deal with the pressing issues before him... But today? no one would ever let him near the presidency....

Being diagnosed as bi-polar would have him disgraced as a public figure...

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1  JBB  replied to  Nowhere Man @6    2 years ago

The question said "reign" which presidents do not...

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
6.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  JBB @6.1    2 years ago

True, it would also fit King George the third.... So you just might be right...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

We'll see if anyone else wants to try and then I will give the answer before I sign off for the night

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

The answer was King George III of England who was king when America declared independence. I would have thought real smart college juniors and seniors would have known or deduced that. One guessed Robert E Lee and the other said Andrew Jackson

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @8    2 years ago

At first I was thinking Lincoln but the question said "reign" so I knew it had to be a king....thus George III

But I'm not claiming I'm smarter than a college student. I've been watching it off and on but the questions aren't that much of a challenge and there seems to be quite a few pop culture questions. I prefer "Adult Jeopardy"