╌>

Putin's opening gambit

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  105 comments

Putin's opening gambit
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday that separatist militias who control parts of eastern Ukraine should treat those regions as independent countries — saying he wants to redraw borders in Europe for the first time in decades and hinting that he would deploy Russian forces to make that happen.

Vladimir Putin is going to recognize two breakaway Ukrainian states. He has has informed the leaders of France and Germany Monday that he will recognize the independence of the Donetsk People's Republic and Luhansk People's Republic, Russian state media is reporting. They will ask for Russian forces and Putin will oblige. He is about to announce all this within moments. Massive forces could be sent in from the north. Markets especially the energy market is bracing for what is coming. There shall be global repercussions.

What will Biden do?

t_500x300

This may be all Putin takes.

The Donetsk People's Republic and the Luhansk People's Republic declared independence from Ukraine following an unofficial status referendum in May 2014. The French president has called for an emergency session of NATO. 

FMGyzuSaIAINdlH?format=jpg&name=small

Russian media is reporting Monday that President Vladimir Putin will address his nation soon.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

The first move will be in the Donbas region of what has been called Ukraine.

We await Vladimir Putin.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2  Hallux    2 years ago

What will Biden do?

I predict something you will spasmodically disagree with no matter what.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2    2 years ago

I'm open to him doing what he promised - stopping Nord Stream 2!  If he does that I'll give him credit. I don't want to hear any excuses.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

White opens P-K4

Black responds P-K4

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.1    2 years ago

How do I play it?  Should I go small or go big?

putin-plays-chess.jpg

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago

I realize that you believe Putin is a genius, but then you also thought Trump was one.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.3    2 years ago

Trump is off topic

OK, fine, but you cannot flag the comment as off topic and respond to it,

all further references to Trump will be deleted as OT by author if requested. SP

Putin could have been stopped back in March when he put 70,000 troops on the border and dumbass was preoccupied with Afghanistan.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago
stopping Nord Stream 2!  If he does that I'll give him credit.

All the while blaming him for the rise in gas prices sure to follow. Don't forget your mission Vic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.5    2 years ago

That's another thing that shouldn't have happened. He was too busy doing everything the green energy fanatics told him to do.  Here is his chance to keep one of the few good promises he ever made!

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    2 years ago

[removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.7    2 years ago

I'm following the recent ruling. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    2 years ago

Predictable as ever. Do enjoy Vlad's 6 hour filibuster, I hear he will list the ingredients of Green Kaviar and Ukha.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.9    2 years ago

Actually, today's press conference is already over, as emotional as it was.

Everyone has pulled themselves together. You see, they are going to bring all of Russia's people back to the motherland.

MVxduuJB?format=jpg&name=small

And you know what they say about he who laughs last?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

The only country that can stop Nord Stream 2 is Germany.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.11    2 years ago

Then it won't be stopped.

So why did Biden promise something he can't deliver?

"If Russia invades, that means tanks or troops crossing the border of Ukraine, again, then there will be — there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2," the president told reporters. "We will bring an end to it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.12    2 years ago

Did he say the US would stop it all alone? Of course not it will take Germany as the final say. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    2 years ago

Gee a photo from February 7, 2019 ... @!@

As to what 'they' say ... "he who laughs last is just a (ham)hand in the bush"?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.13    2 years ago

He did!

I guess Germany having final say will be the excuse.

Now everyone should know what a worthless ass he is.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.12    2 years ago
So why did Biden promise something he can't deliver?

All of a sudden you are no fan of gambits?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.14    2 years ago

Those who play with Mouses usually do.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.16    2 years ago

Gambit?  Please note who well it worked.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.15    2 years ago
I guess Germany having final say will be the excuse.

Now everyone should know what a worthless ass he is.

That's quite the ignorant comment, Vic. Germany, in case you're not familiar, is an independent country and does not have to listen to or abide by what the US wants or doesn't want. 

I know that you seem to be incapable of understanding that concept but it has nothing to do with Biden, if Germany wants to stop it they will, if not they won't and there isn't a damn thing that the US can do about it either way.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.19    2 years ago
That's quite the ignorant comment

You still hold the Masters in that.

Vic. Germany, in case you're not familiar, is an independent country and does not have to listen to or abide by what the US wants or doesn't want. 

Then, for the second time, why did Biden vow to end it?

know that you seem to be incapable of understanding that concept but it has nothing to do with Biden, if Germany wants to stop it they will, 

It's you that is having trouble with understanding. They say it's 3 times for the normal mind. Why would fucking Biden threaten to do something he has little control over?

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.17    2 years ago

... and what of thoses who play with mices?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.20    2 years ago
Why would fucking Biden threaten to do something he has little control over?

Biden's version of Obama's "red line in the sand"?

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.23  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.18    2 years ago
Please note who well it worked.

I suspect you mean how and not 'who'. I have noted how well he has used such figures as Tucker [deleted pawns in his 'gambit'.]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.21    2 years ago

Or rats

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.25  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.20    2 years ago
You still hold the Masters in that.

Trying to insult again and once again an abject fail on your part.  Did you think that there could be back-channel communications between the two countries? 

Or then there is this. 

He was pressed on whether he would commit to sanctioning Nord Stream 2. The new German leader switched to English to make plain that there was no daylight between Germany and its allies. He made no effort to dispel Biden’s pledge that the pipeline would be stopped.

“We are acting together, we are absolutely united – and we will not take different steps,” Scholz said. “We will do the same steps, and they will be very, very hard to Russia, and they should understand.”

Earlier, his top diplomat said that Europe’s largest economy was willing to “pay a high economic price” that would come with supply cutoffs. Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock is a member of the Greens and has been more explicit than Scholz in pledging to target Nord Stream 2. 

The chancellor later underscored those comments, saying Germany is “ready to take steps that will have costs for us,” Scholz said in an interview with   CNN .

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.26  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.25    2 years ago
Trying to insult

You launched the insult and it came right back at ya.

He made no effort to dispel Biden’s pledge that the pipeline would be stopped.

And he refused to confirm it.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    2 years ago

[deleted]

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.26    2 years ago
You launched the insult and it came right back at ya.

Not at all, I said your comment was ignorant and it was. Most people are well aware that the US has no control over what Germany does or doesn't do. 

You, of course, tried to take it up a notch and all that did was show that you really don't seem to have a grip on the situation. 

Cheers

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.29  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.28    2 years ago
I said your comment was ignorant and it was.

And I said many of yours are and they are.

Most people are well aware that the US has no control over what Germany does or doesn't do. 

I'm sure thats what they were thinking when Biden said he would stop it.

You, of course

You of course never explain away Biden's promise

Cheers

Have a good one!

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.30  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.29    2 years ago
And I said many of yours are and they are.

I pointed out the comment regarding this article which is accurate but keep tilting at windmills, but don't fall off the horse. 

I'm sure thats what they were thinking when Biden said he would stop it.

You have no idea what they were thinking, only the Great Karnac would know and you ain't him. LOL

You of course never explain away Biden's promise

I don't have to explain his promise, I gave you the link, accept it or don't it makes no difference to me. 

Have a good one!

I always do.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Hallux @2    2 years ago
              What will Biden do?

Absolutely nothing. Ukraine's internal problems don't concern us. Biden will be berated for being a toothless tiger.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Hallux  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2    2 years ago

Not being privy to what the boys in the backroom are up to, I have no idea and nor do you.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @2.2.1    2 years ago

"The boys in the back room" fucked up Afghanistan. Russia isn't the Taliban. Fucking this up will be much, much, worse. Think China isn't watching this attentively? Taiwan is next; or maybe it is first? Who knows how Putin and Xi will play this? 

Really wish we had a better leader than Brandon in the White House. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Hallux  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Putin is currently speaking to the Russian people. This could take a while, since Putin commonly does 4 - 5 hour press conferences. (He talked about the break up of the Soviet Union.) It is expected that the two break away Republics will ask for Russian military support. After Putin sends in Russian forces, it is expected that Putin will ask the Ukrainian president Zelensky to remove all Ukrainian forces. 

AnBQcN4B?format=jpg&name=small
That may begin phase 2

If Zelensky resists, it could be the pretext for a full scale invasion.

"As a result of the artificial separation of Russian peoples, I have little choice."

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Yes, the situation is evolving into a full-blown proxy war; not an invasion.  What is happening in Ukraine is little different than what happened in Syria.  We're just on the other side this time.

The Obama administration backed the Euromaidan insurrection in 2014.  The Euromaidan insurrection prompted Russia to annex Crimea.  And the Euromaidan insurrection resulted in a low level civil war in eastern Ukraine.  The Ukrainian military have been engaged in open combat in eastern Ukraine since 2014.  The Ukrainian government (and western backers) have spun the war in Donbas as a war on terrorism.  What has transpired in Ukraine is not very different than what transpired in Syria except the US and Russia are backing different sides.  The US backed the separatists in Syria, Russia backed the Assad regime in Syria.  And the war in Syria became a proxy war.

The Biden administration has already signaled its intention with the rhetoric of 'Russia further invading Ukraine'.  The Biden administration wants to take back Crimea and drive Russia from the Black Sea.  That policy is likely influenced by hopes of bringing Turkey back into the NATO and EU sphere of influence.  Russia is not going to give up Crimea or the Black Sea without a fight.

Don't dismiss the Ukrainian/Russian disputes over natural gas, too.  Ukraine was obtaining natural gas from Russia at steep discounts.  After the Euromaidan insurrection there was little incentive for Russia to continue the steep discounts.  Ukraine has replaced Russian natural gas with supplies from Poland, Slovakia, and Hungary.  Ukrainian demand for natural gas increases the need for Nord Stream 2.  Ukraine imports a lot of natural gas in spite of possessing fairly larger reserves.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    2 years ago

I guess as long as Putin starts declaring that this or that section of Ukraine is not actually Ukraine, then he can move Russian-marked tanks onto that land and it’s “not an invasion.”

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @5    2 years ago

Remember the annexation of the Sudetenland into Germany. This seems to be very similar.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 years ago
Remember the annexation of the Sudetenland into Germany. This seems to be very similar.

The annexation of Sudetenland was prelude to Germany invading Russia.  German annexation of Poland, Belarus, Czechoslovakia, and Ukraine made the invasion of the Soviet Union possible.

Keep in mind that the Euromaidan insurrection backed by Europe and the United States coupled with the possibility of Ukraine becoming a member of NATO is also a European annexation threatening Russia.  Why would Russia ignore the history of European expansion to the east?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.1    2 years ago

The pretext was to reunite German people.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    2 years ago
The pretext was to reunite German people.

And how long had Czechoslovakia been fighting a civil war before Germany annexed Sudetenland?  The war in Donbas has been going on for eight years.  The war in Donbas began after Europe backed an insurrection in Ukraine and upset the balance.

How many tons of munitions has the United States dumped into Ukraine?  And where will the Ukrainian military use those munitions?  The United States military has altered the balance of power in the Donbas region on the pretext of Russian invasion.  Explain why that is different than German annexation of Sudetenland?  

After Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and Libya why should we have faith in US military leadership and European diplomacy?  Why should Americans trust NATO?  Where was NATO after Sept. 11?  The Royal Canadian Air Force was patrolling the US coastlines while Europe did less than nothing.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.3    2 years ago
The war in Donbas has been going on for eight years. 

Are you sure?  Kamala Harris just said that there hasn't been war in Europe in 70 years!

Explain why that is different than German annexation of Sudetenland?  

I can't, except for the minor fact that nobody wanted the Sudeten Germans other than Hitler.

After Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and Libya why should we have faith in US military leadership and European diplomacy?  

You mean we have Generals who don't win wars anymore?

Why should Americans trust NATO?

I don't know.

Where was NATO after Sept. 11?

Good question.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    2 years ago
Where was NATO after Sept. 11? Good question.

NATO invoked Article 5 for the first time in its history.  Numerous countries sent troops and supplies to Afghanistan in support of the US, including NATO countries. 

Our allies lost over 1,000 KIA there. Here is a list.

Number of foreign soldiers killed in Afghanistan

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png   USA : 2,355 *
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png   UK : 456
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png   Canada : 157 *
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png   France : 88
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png   Germany : 62
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png   Italy : 53
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png   Poland : 44 [2]
20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png   Denmark : 43
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png   Australia : 41
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png   Spain : 35 *
23px-Flag_of_Georgia.svg.png   Georgia : 32
23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png   Romania : 26
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png   Netherlands : 25
23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png   Turkey : 15
23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png   Czech Republic : 14
23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png   New Zealand : 10
21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png   Norway : 10
23px-Flag_of_Estonia.svg.png   Estonia : 9
23px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png   Hungary : 7
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png   Sweden : 5
23px-Flag_of_Latvia.svg.png   Latvia : 4
23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png   Slovakia : 3
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png   Finland : 2
23px-Flag_of_Jordan.svg.png   Jordan : 2
23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png   Portugal : 2
23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png   South Korea : 2
21px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.png   Albania : 1
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png   Belgium : 1

23px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png   Bulgaria : 1
23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png   Croatia : 1
23px-Flag_of_Lithuania.svg.png   Lithuania : 1
23px-Flag_of_Montenegro.svg.png   Montenegro : 1

TOTAL : 3,502

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @5.1.5    2 years ago

Will they do it now, Kavika?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.6    2 years ago

As you can see many of the coutries that sent troops were NATO countries. I answered your question since you didn't seem to have any idea at all.

Will they do it now, Kavika?

Do what, Vic, send troops into Ukraine or sent weapons and supplies?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @5.1.7    2 years ago
I answered your question since you

It wasn't my question. You better read it again.

Do what, Vic, send troops into Ukraine or sent weapons and supplies?

Invoke Article 5 ?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.8    2 years ago
It wasn't my question. You better read it again. Where was NATO after Sept. 11?

Good question.

If it wasn't your question you sure don't seem to have any idea what the answer was...

Invoke Article 5 ?

No, they won't invoke Article 5. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @5.1.9    2 years ago

You should never combine the statements of two people like that.

No, they won't invoke Article 5. 

They can't. Ukraine is not a NATO member, nor would if they could, they because they know what it would mean.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.11  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    2 years ago
Are you sure?  Kamala Harris just said that there hasn't been war in Europe in 70 years!

Look, the west won the Cold War.  Germany was reunified in 1990.  The Soviet Union dissolved in 1991.  The European Union was created in 1993.  The European Union has been attempting to annex and occupy the Baltic and Balkan states for almost thirty years.  Ukraine is another domino in Europe's eastward expansion.  The history of the annexation of Sudetenland isn't that different than how the European Union has been attempting to annex and occupy the Baltic and Balkan states.  NATO has expanded into eastern Europe by promising to stop a Russian invasion.  Yet NATO doesn't fight; only the United States carries the burden.

How many times has Russia invaded Europe?  How many times have European countries invaded Russia?  The European allies sent troops into Russia to fight the Bolsheviks in the midst of World War I.  

The global influence of European countries have been declining since the turn of the 20th century.  The European Union was a last ditch effort for Europe to remain a player as a global superpower.  That effort failed.  Europe is becoming Africa or South America.  

The European Union GDP is around $17 trillion with a population twice that of the United States.  The European Union should be a much larger consumer market than the United States.  That's not a measure of success.

We're supposed to simply believe the same propaganda that we've heard since the end of World War II?  The United States has deployed more troops to eastern Europe than were withdrawn from Afghanistan.  The United States is delivering more munitions to Ukraine than we lost in Afghanistan.  For what purpose?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.12  Nerm_L  replied to  Kavika @5.1.5    2 years ago
NATO invoked Article 5 for the first time in its history.  Numerous countries sent troops and supplies to Afghanistan in support of the US, including NATO countries. 

The United States was attacked -- not Afghanistan.  What did NATO do to protect the United States after the attack?

The Royal Canadian Air Force was armed and on the line patrolling the coasts of the United States.  The Canadians didn't invoke anything, the Canadians didn't make some damned political show; the Canadians were there and ready to fight on the day the United States was attacked.  Where was NATO?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Kavika   replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.12    2 years ago

The attack originated in Afghanistan what the fuck was NATO going to do send troops to the US? Like the US they helped attack the source of the terrorist movement. Most people can understand that but it seems to be above your paygrade.

A 1,000 dead isn't a political statement, you could take yourself to Canada and tell them that, or Australia or Norway or any of the other countries that lost troops there.

BTW, Canada is one of the founding members of NATO so NATO was here day one. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.14  Nerm_L  replied to  Kavika @5.1.13    2 years ago
The attack originated in Afghanistan what the fuck was NATO going to do send troops to the US? Like the US they helped attack the source of the terrorist movement. Most people can understand that but it seems to be above your paygrade.

The aircraft didn't fly from Kabul.

The only relevance for Sept. 11, 2001, is to show that NATO is doing today what they did then --- less than nothing.  It's the United States bearing the burden in Europe now just as the United States carried the burden on Sept. 11, 2001, and in Afghanistan.

Europe is dead weight dragging down the United States.  The American people are going to suffer once again because Europe and NATO does less than nothing.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Kavika   replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.14    2 years ago
The only relevance for Sept. 11, 2001, is to show that NATO is doing today what they did then --- less than nothing.  It's the United States bearing the burden in Europe now just as the United States carried the burden on Sept. 11, 2001, and in Afghanistan.

You should go tell the families of the countries that supported us in Afghanistan and died that their lives were less than nothing. There are over 1,000 that died and thousands more that were wounded yet to you they mean nothing. 

Ignorant beyond imagination.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.16  Nerm_L  replied to  Kavika @5.1.15    2 years ago
You should go tell the families of the countries that supported us in Afghanistan and died that their lives were less than nothing. There are over 1,000 that died and thousands more that were wounded yet to you they mean nothing.  Ignorant beyond imagination.

The Tea Party response.  Channel Dick Cheney and spout Rumsfeld gibberish.

Democrats great white dope has fucked up.  The least that we can do is stand in the line at the airport and thank troops for their service.  If people really gave a damn then they wouldn't be expecting our soldiers to die on this hill.

How long before Biden starts blaming Russia for everything else he's screwed up?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Kavika   replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.16    2 years ago
The Tea Party response.  Channel Dick Cheney and spout Rumsfeld gibberish.

Dead allies are a Tea Party response What a disgusting comment, I do not disrespect fallen members of the military, ours, or our allies. Your comment certainly shows what you are, best that you crawl back into the shithole you came out of.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.18  Nerm_L  replied to  Kavika @5.1.17    2 years ago
Dead allies are a Tea Party response What a disgusting comment, I do not disrespect fallen members of the military, ours, or our allies. Your comment certainly shows what you are, best that you crawl back into the shithole you came out of.

Unless, of course, they are dead Israeli allies.  No mention of sanctions there.  

Ukraine is on its own.  Biden has assured us that no US or NATO troops will be fighting in Ukraine.  We're only giving Ukraine guns, bullets, bombs, and missiles.  That's not surprising since Ukraine already has more troops fighting the war in Donbas than NATO can put in the field in a month.

Quite a nice little proxy war Biden has created.  Lyndon Biden stands behind the Ukrainian Ngo Dinh Diem.  But we've learned our lesson: this time we're watching from Poland.  How effective will sanctions be if the European and US economies collapse?  No worries, Biden can blame Russia. 

Biden should visit Ukraine; then we'd have a dumbass in Donbas.  Just remember there is what we know, what we know we don't know, and what we don't know we don't know.  At least we do know for certain that Russia has weapons of mass destruction.  And we do know that NATO will do less than nothing.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Kavika   replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.18    2 years ago
Unless, of course, they are dead Israeli allies.  No mention of sanctions there.  

Which has nothing to do with the subject, but strawman and deflections seems to be your MO [Deleted.]

The rest of your word salad comment is a couple of steps beyond bizarre, [Deleted.]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @5.1.19    2 years ago
"Which has nothing to do with the subject, but strawman and deflections seems to be your MO [Deleted.] The rest of your word salad comment is a couple of steps beyond bizarre, [Deleted.]"

So what else is new?????????????????????????????????????????

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Sec of State Blinken on Wednesday:

"Enactment of this resolution would further undermine Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, constitute a gross violation of international law, call into further question Russia’s stated commitment to continue to engage in diplomacy to achieve a peaceful resolution of this crisis, and necessitate a swift and firm response from the United States in full coordination with our Allies and partners"

So let's see what our swift and firm response is. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    2 years ago

Have you written out a list of all the possible responses with corresponding reflexive outrage commentary?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1    2 years ago
Have you written out a list of all the possible responses with corresponding reflexive outrage commentary?

No telling, really, what Biden and his handlers will do.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    2 years ago

I just heard that Biden is placing sanctions on the two Republics. Is that a valid response?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2    2 years ago

That is going to hurt Putin again how? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2.1    2 years ago

Putin himself?  Not at all. He is countering what happened under Gorbachev, the 8th and final leader of the Soviet Union. Gorbachev sought to reform what had become a rotten system. He wanted to improve the economics of the Soviet Union, allow freedom of speech and enable legitimate voting as in a true democracy. However, the system of reforms involving the Russian economy kept failing. Each reform kept deviating and gradually moving away, but never totally abandoning the Communist system. Eventually people realized that Communism was the problem and various regions voted themselves out of the Soviet Union. The husk that was left also voted to abandon the Communist system. That is what led to the Russia we now know. Today Vladimir Putin referred to those actions as "madness."

Whatever the cost of sanctions it seems that Putin is prepared to shoulder them as long as he can bring back all those regions that he believes belong to Russia. If he needed anymore convincing, Biden's first year in office was the clincher.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    2 years ago
Sec of State Blinken on Wednesday:

Former Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell today:

"History will show that Barack Obama and Joe Biden allowed Russia to rewrite Europe’s borders twice and gave Russia a massive pipeline of cash & influence….all while claiming their enemies were either weak on Russia or working for Russia."

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
6.3.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    2 years ago

This is the Crimea ploy all over again... the only difference is the vote to succeed took place back in 2014... Official recognition by Russia establishes diplomatic relations which then allows mutual defense treaties to be agreed to... Then comes the invitation to enter the "New" country.... Not a shot fired, then comes the order for Ukrainian's to leave...

What people don't seem to realize Putin's already won...

Now a strong leader would put have a sizeable force of troops into the country by invitation of the nation attacked... Under mutual defense treaties... then Putin would have his "Kruschev moment" where he would have to decide to actually attack or not...

As it stands right now he doesn't have to make that decision, and the weak kneed will allow it to happen... Where is Jack Kennedy or Dwight Eisenhower when you need them...

Chamberlains all....

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    2 years ago
a massive pipeline of cash & influence

Nord Stream 2, waiting to be flooded with seawater or destroyed by Seals?

If Putin cuts the natural gas, who wins? The USA.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.3  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @6.3.1    2 years ago
Where is Jack Kennedy or Dwight Eisenhower when you need them...

Arlington.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @6.3.1    2 years ago

Putin has many options.

His goals are known. His chief foreign policy goal is the return of the former Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact countries to Russia’s sphere of influence. Beyond that He wants to blow up the post-Cold War global order.  He told us over and over since his rise to power in the 90's.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @6.3.2    2 years ago

We have plenty of natural gas. What about that "green energy policy' of Biden's?  Angela Merkel got rid of Germany's nuclear power, which paved the way for German dependence on Russia. That was mistake # 1 for Biden. Strike 2 was doing nothing back in March when Putin put 70,000 men on the Ukraine border.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @6.3.3    2 years ago

Eisenhower we could use.

The other guy NO!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.7  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3.5    2 years ago
We have plenty of natural gas.

That was my point.  All those LNG plants that Obama started and have been steadily coming on line need a market;

What about that "green energy policy' of Biden's? 

What about it?

Angela Merkel got rid of Germany's nuclear power, which paved the way for German dependence on Russia.

Those reactors were turned off.  They are still there as reserves ( and targets )

That was mistake # 1 for Biden.

We have nothing to do with running Germany...

Strike 2 was doing nothing back in March when Putin put 70,000 men on the Ukraine border.

Nice. Let's start WWIII and then you will cheer Biden?

Really?  Another VietNam or Afghanistan in the ring of fire?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.8  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3.6    2 years ago

Tell it to NWM, it was his comment not mine.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.3.9  JBB  replied to  Split Personality @6.3.3    2 years ago

Eisenhower is buried in Abilene Kansas...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @6.3.7    2 years ago

Oh, Obama? He's already married.

We have nothing to do with running Germany..

Then why do keep so many troops there?

Nice. Let's start WWIII and then you will cheer Biden?

Really?  Another VietNam or Afghanistan in the ring of fire?

There is a huge gulf between doing nothing and going to war.

Hallux
Professor Principal
6.3.11  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    2 years ago
Former Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell

Former acting director ...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.12  Split Personality  replied to  JBB @6.3.9    2 years ago

I knew that but I wanted to see who would catch it, lol.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.13  Split Personality  replied to  Hallux @6.3.11    2 years ago

for  a whopping 96 days

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.14  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3.10    2 years ago

Not to some folks--they see no difference, sadly.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.15  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3.10    2 years ago

never mind...asking you why you think anything will result in a third ticket.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @6.3.15    2 years ago

What?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @6.3.12    2 years ago

It was JBB. He was right on it!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.18  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @6.3.15    2 years ago
never mind...asking you why you think anything will result in a third ticket.

Are you saying that you can see no other alternatives except going to war or doing nothing?

Really?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.18    2 years ago

May I answer that?  Biden just applied sanctions to those two break away Republics, but not Russia. That may be because Putin said he considers sanctions to be an act of war.

We shall find out because at 2 PM Biden will speak. It will be his move.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.20  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3.19    2 years ago

Personally, I am flabbergasted that anyone can only see two possible solutions, war or doing nothing at all.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.20    2 years ago

It is hard to believe isn't it?  However, as I say, Joe Biden will be making his move in about 30 minutes. All eyes are on the guy who stood up to Corn Pop.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.22  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3.21    2 years ago
It is hard to believe isn't it?  However, as I say, Joe Biden will be making his move in about 30 minutes. All eyes are on the guy who stood up to Corn Pop

I wonder if Biden will be chastised if he does anything at all besides full-scale war.

Following the dubious logic of only doing nothing or going to war he should be roundly criticized if he does anything else.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.22    2 years ago

He's already ruled out fighting over the Ukraine. On that I agree with him.

Following the dubious logic of only doing nothing or going to war he should be roundly criticized if he does anything else.

Like the great strategist he is, I'm sure he has prepared for this possibility. I can't wait to hear from him.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.24  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.18    2 years ago
Really?

No.

I suppose there is zero point in asking you how you arrived at that conclusion.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.25  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @6.3.24    2 years ago
I suppose there is zero point in asking you how you arrived at that conclusion.

And I suppose it is pointless to try to explain it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

FMJcUUoX0AMaARY?format=png&name=small

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago

Meh, there was no investment in those shit holes anyway.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @7.1    2 years ago

You forgot the proposed hotel in Moscow?

How soon they forget.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    2 years ago

Breaking news flash Vic, Moscow is nowhere near Donetsk or Lushank.

Please try to keep up with the very words you posted.

Nothing in you post or the EO that I can see is about Moscow.

Maybe you can lend me a secret decoder ring or  4D decoder glasses./s

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @7.1.2    2 years ago
Maybe you can lend me a secret decoder ring or  4D decoder glasses./s

No, I need them for all the sarcasm & nasty comments.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago
This E.O. will also provide authority to impose sanctions on any person determined to operate in those areas of Ukraine.

$100 Biden's crackhead kid will get a pass?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Their president will be making an announcement at 2:PM: EST.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    2 years ago

Live from the East Room of the White House.

I'll be covering it right here!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

The briefing was originally scheduled for 1 PM, but it got delayed.

Then it was supposed to be 2 PM

Now we don't know?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago

The press has been told to gather. He may be prepped & ready!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

NEW: McConnell calls for "toughest possible sanctions" against Russia

FMOPP9DXoAg_jEd?format=jpg&name=small

http:// hill.cm/xW7moGk

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Thirteen minutes past 2 and Biden is still not prepared to speak