╌>

The Biden Response

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  44 comments

The Biden Response
None of us should be fooled! As I said last week defending freedom will have it's cost. Oh well, I'm not going to go into it.

Joe Biden just made his opening counter move in his ongoing dispute with Putin.

He cut off Russia from western financing.

He again claims that Nord Stream 2 will not move forward.

He authorized US forces to deploy in the Baltic states (but they are not threatened!)

"Who in the Lord's name does Putin think gives him the right to declare new so-called countries on territory that belongs to his neighbors?

"We still remain open to diplomacy. I'm hoping diplomacy is still available. Thank you very much."

56c61684ff4cb5039cb846f3bc78c6cc

In the game of Chess this opening move is 1.f3 also known as the "Barnes Opening."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

He took 80 minutes to come out for his press conference. BTW Joe, it's not the beginning of an invasion - they have invaded.

Did it instill confidence in anyone?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

NOPE!

Brandon is a natural born leader....from behind

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
He took 80 minutes to come out for his press conference.

He got lost in the hall 30 feet from the podium.

Did it instill confidence in anyone?

Maybe to the those that swear that he's doing good and there is no competence issues.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2    2 years ago

You've got jokes. (It's good to have a theme. jrSmiley_49_smiley_image.gif )  Got any Russian invasion jokes-there?

Seriously, Ukraine is in dire straits with "mother" Russia and "daddy" Putin. I would not wish this bloodshed upon my worst enemies. It's all such a waste of lives. Why do humans wage wars? (Rhetorical.)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.2.1    2 years ago
Got any Russian invasion jokes-there?

I'm sure Biden will continue to supply plenty of fodder for jokes.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.2.1    2 years ago
Got any Russian invasion jokes-there?

Just watch Biden.  There you will find all the jokes you need to get  you through the day.

Seriously, Ukraine is in dire straits with "mother" Russia and "daddy" Putin.

Then that is something that Ukraine should work out.  We need to stop being the worlds police force and stop getting involved in other peoples shit.

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.4  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2.3    2 years ago

Wait! Don't get it twisted. I can agree with you about not being the world's police: USA. That being clarified, there is a legit issue here. Russia's Putin wants the option to reconstitute the Soviet Union and NATO membership 'power' can stop Russia's aspirational goal cold. The question then becomes this:

Is it better for the world that the U.S.S.R. stays dissolved?

Because at this stage of Russian aggression, Ukraine is a good place for world resistance to reconstitution of the Soviet Union to begin.

Now to President Joe Biden. This nation has only one president at a time. This is an international problem. It is a complex matter too. A nuclear power is acting aggressively on the world stage, despite being ask (told) to calm down and stand down. World war potential is 'lit.'  Other 'rogue' nations could take up provocations and "egging on" rhetoric.

Do you relish the "mother of all wars" coming to the U.S.A. when it is not settled yet that we are united in our own 'house' order? I mean, some here are massing together to position themselves for a second civil war. Do we put aside our differences and work together now or be impotent in the face of a Russian power-play?

Remember this: When the world nations start signing 'agreements to fight' - a world war declared does not end until the last fighting country surrenders!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

It's not a good day for the US.

And it's a terrible day for the Ukraine.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

I doubt this would be happening if Trump had been reelected.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    2 years ago

Here is what mike Pompeo just said:

"For 4 years, the Left parroted the hoax that our Administration was weak on Russia.

Yet, they didn’t dare invade Ukraine on our watch. But now they do.

Who do you think Putin feared more?"

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

Pompeo is arguing from 'silence.' He can't do that with any validity. As far as we know, Putin could have fallen in love all over again with Soviet-styled domination in 2019: But COVID PANDEMIC.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.2    2 years ago
Pompeo is arguing from 'silence.'

Pompeo is arguing based on FACTS.

Claiming no validity to his argument is to ignore FACTS and REASON and REALITY.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    2 years ago

Russia, it turns out, was in 'combat' with Ukraine during the Trump-era and Donald offered Ukraine what sanctions against Russia? (I can't believe this pathetic back and forth is happening even as I write.) Pompeo should be 'big' enough to know that he can't get into a dictator's head or state a dictator's whimsical time-table. What an opportunist. None of this helpful. Grow up, damn it!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.4    2 years ago
Russia, it turns out, was in 'combat' with Ukraine during the Trump-era and Donald offered Ukraine what sanctions against Russia?

Really? Care to document any of that?

Trump and Russia sanctions (wichitaliberty.org)

The Trump Administration had imposed substantial new economic sanctions on Russian citizens and entities in 2017, related to the Crimea annexation, adding to what Obama had done, as well as extending other sanctions; closed the Russian consulates in San Francisco and Seattle; expelled more than sixty Russian intelligence agents (operating in the US as “diplomats”) after Moscow’s attack on the Skripals; imposed sanctions for violating the Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act, also required by the attack on the Skripals; sanctioned Russia’s Internet Research Agency, an arm of Russia’s cyber-offense machinery; and penalized over three dozen Russian officials for violations of US Syria-related sanctions. As new violations were uncovered, further sanctions were imposed on each person and corporate entity involved.

Pompeo speaks from actual experience, why try to discount that experience?

Pompeo should be 'big' enough to know that he can't get into a dictator's head or state a dictator's whimsical time-table. What an opportunist.

What on earth in Pompeo's statements lead you to believe that he is trying to get into Putin's head? And how would Pompeo gain as you indicate?

Grow up, damn it!

One step in growing up is refusing to believe in conspiracy theories and other whacked-out ideas. I hope your advice is taken to heart and adhered to to rid the nation of some of this blather.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ronin2  replied to  CB @2.1.4    2 years ago

Ask and ye shall receive. I really need to bookmark this link. By the way- Trump gave the Ukrainians lethal aid; Obama didn't. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.6    2 years ago

True. (As always there is more to the story coming from some conservatives, still true.)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.7    2 years ago

What does Pompeo stand to gain from voicing the facts?

I mean, besides just knowing he is telling the truth?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.9  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    2 years ago

I'm going to agree. Though, I hesitate to take anything at face-value from some conservatives who prefer bias, combative politics over rational discussion. Accepted, (for now) and thank you Texan1212 for providing it. (I am sure I heard about parts of it as I was heavy into politics here on NT and 'abroad' during the Trump years: I'll consider it something of a refreshing of my memory.)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.9    2 years ago
Though, I hesitate to take anything at face-value from some conservatives who prefer bias, combative politics over rational discussion.

You are always free to do a 10 second Google search instead of relying on others to provide.

Now, what combat did Russia engage in the Ukraine during Trump's term, and how will Pompeo benefit from telling the truth?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.11  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.10    2 years ago

There I did your "10 second Google search so you don't have to! And Pompeo? My response still stands. He does not know what is in the mind of Putin from 2017 through today. Putin's silence is not leverage for some conservative propaganda.  BTW, it is childish to talk about conflicts and war in such petty 'power-plays' as this.  Pompeo comes off "cheap."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.11    2 years ago
There I did your "10 second Google search so you don't have to!

Great, but since you had asked first, I had already looked it up for you. You're welcome, btw.

You ramble on and on about Pompeo but can't just bring yourself to explain your statement.

Why is that? Did you have a change of heart about your claim, couldn't find a lick of proof for the claim, or what is it exactly that makes you duck the question?

I have NEVER had you simply answer simple questions. You always seem to duck and cover.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.11    2 years ago

Your Google search resulted in an EIGHT-YEAR-OLD article when Trump wasn't even President?

LMAO!

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.14  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.12    2 years ago

I have no idea what you are now droning about. Let's not be petty. It consumes energy and is distracting.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.15  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.13    2 years ago

So what? Russia and Ukraine have been in rebel 'conflict fighting' since its separatists invasion of Crimea, thereabouts. It's in the news. I don't know why this is so hard for you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.14    2 years ago
I have no idea what you are now droning about.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Let's see if I can break it down for ya:

You wrote this: (although you altered your comment after I read and responded to it)

Pompeo is arguing from 'silence.' He can't do that with any validity. As far as we know, Putin could have fallen in love all over again withSoviet-styleddomination in 2019:But COVID PANDEMIC.

I responded with:

Pompeo is arguing based on FACTS. Claiming no validity to his argument is to ignore FACTS and REASON and REALITY.

Then your comment:

Russia, it turns out, was in 'combat' with Ukraine during the Trump-era and Donald offered Ukraine what sanctions against Russia? (I can't believe this pathetic back and forth is happening even as I write.) Pompeo should be 'big' enough to know that he can't get into a dictator's head or state a dictator's whimsical time-table. What an opportunist. None of this helpful. Grow up, damn it!

And you have steadfastly simply refused to answer any of my questions while I answer yours.

I am a little tired of the game of deflection from you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.15    2 years ago
So what?

Get current.

You said that Pompeo was an opportunist.

I asked you to explain how, and so far, you can't answer the question. I tend to think it is because even you recognize the sheer idiocy of the comment now, which is why you keep deflecting and backpedaling from it every single time I have asked it.

I have wasted enough time with your dodges and deflections.

Moving on.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.18  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.17    2 years ago

Thanks. Because, apparently your comments are becoming mind-numbing.  It's like brain 'lidocaine' has been injected-I can't glom on to what you are writing.  Bye-bye.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Texan1211  impassed  CB @2.1.18    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Russia is planning to evacuate its diplomatic staff from Ukraine to "protect their lives and safety," the Russian foreign ministry announced on Tuesday.

FMOakgEXoAAvCbs?format=png&name=small

"Our first priority is to take care of Russian diplomats and employees of the Embassy and Consulates General," the foreign ministry's statement said,   according to Reuters . "To protect their lives and safety, the Russian leadership decided to evacuate staff of Russian missions in Ukraine, which will be implemented in the very near future."

CB
Professor Principal
4.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

Why not? If you manufacture the cause of invading a sovereign nation, complete the ruse: Save the "innocent."  /s

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @4.1    2 years ago

It was a sovereign nation, wasn't it?

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 years ago

?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Let's be thankful as Americans that he refused to take questions and didn't try to speak off script. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    2 years ago

He wouldn't dare take questions. Can you imagine Rice and Klain pounding that into him?

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
6  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

Joe Biden is not an a position to do anything of consequence to Vladimir Putin. We have to buy oil from Russia right now because of the regulatory insanity Joe imposed on our once energy independent country.  

The Russians own European energy right now too. The west likely agreed to surrender those two areas of Ukraine and impose worthless sanctions in response as long as the energy continues to flow. The last few weeks has been a coordinated disinformation campaign so spineless Western leaders can save face.

Right now that 5ft 7 little man owns the West and he's rubbing their faces in their weakness.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Moose Knuckle @6    2 years ago
Right now that 5ft 7 little man owns the West and he's rubbing their faces in their weakness.

He's like the little bar room bully with the big guy complex scanning the room for a big coward.

Hallux
Professor Principal
7  Hallux    2 years ago

Sounds like y'all would have prefered a Putanesque 6 hour history of the Universe. @!@

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @7    2 years ago
Sounds like y'all would have prefered a Putanesque 6 hour history of the Universe.

No, what I prefer is a sane, competent President with a grasp of what is going on.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @7    2 years ago

Well, it is his move again:

first-move-e2e4-chess-board-picture-id914933422.jpg