╌>

Joe Scarborough Mocks Claims of 'Russian Hoax'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  31 comments

By:   Ken Meyer (Mediaite)

Joe Scarborough Mocks Claims of 'Russian Hoax'
Joe Scarborough sneered at those who still defend Donald Trump's relationship with Russia amid the former president's comments on the invasion of Ukraine.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Ken MeyerFeb 28th, 2022, 10:43 am Twitter share button <?php // Post Body ?>

Joe Scarborough mocked "Trump apologists" for describing Russian interference in the 2016 election as a "hoax" amid Donald Trump's continued praise for Vladimir Putin.

The excoriation came as Morning Joe reacted to Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) blasting his fellow Republicans for the "almost treasonous" defenses of Putin and Russia. Scarborough brought up Trump's Fox News interview where he had "no message" for Putin in the middle of Russia's attack on Ukraine.

"I'm just curious, why would he be afraid to give Vladimir Putin the suggestion 'why don't you retreat?' Why doesn't he do what the rest of the world does?" Scarborough said.

He continued:

It's very strange, it continues to be strange. But again, you all on the far-right, Trump apologists, ignore all the evidence out there, and why don't you just use that term 'Russian hoax' for another five years if that helps you sleep well at night. So many of you telling us Vladimir Putin was never going to invade Ukraine. You attacked the 'mainstream media,' the dominant media, 'oh, they're never going to attack. This is never going to happen.' You're wrong. You've been wrong about Vladimir Putin all along. You've defended Donald Trump all along for him actually running resistance.

Scarborough turned to Jonathan Lemire as he said "certainly everybody that's enabled Donald Trump and everybody that enabled Vladimir Putin, they don't want to stop and connect these dots. Now is the time, though, with Ukraine actually on edge to say 'Wait a second, why did he work so hard to dismember NATO over the past four, five years?'"

The MSNBC host also referred the 2018 Helsinki summit where Trump sided with Putin over U.S. intelligence assessments that Russia interfered with the 2016 election.

Scarborough noted old reports about how Trump considered pulling the U.S. out of NATO, and recalled how Russian hackers went afterHillary Clinton and the DNC shortly after Trump publicly asked them to find her missing emails.

"They listened," Scarborough said. "They did what Donald Trump told them to do that night."

Lemire concluded by reminding the panel that Putin is on-record saying he wanted Trump to win the 2016 election.

Watch above, via MSNBC.

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under: Donald TrumpJoe Scarboroughjonathan lemireRussiaVladimir Putin Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
Scarborough turned to Jonathan Lemire as he said "certainly everybody that's enabled Donald Trump and everybody that enabled Vladimir Putin, they don't want to stop and connect these dots. Now is the time, though, with Ukraine actually on edge to say 'Wait a second, why did he work so hard to dismember NATO over the past four, five years?'" The MSNBC host also referred the 2018 Helsinki summit where Trump sided with Putin over U.S. intelligence assessments that Russia interfered with the 2016 election. Scarborough noted old reports about how Trump considered pulling the U.S. out of NATO, and recalled how Russian hackers went afterHillary Clinton and the DNC shortly after Trump publicly asked them to find her missing emails.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Scarborough is a sad hack.

Somehow, Democrats are bound and determined to make Russian aggression in the Ukraine all Trump's fault.

As usual, more wild-ass speculation and guesses, very short on FACTS.

Typical Trump hit piece.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    2 years ago
Somehow, Democrats are bound and determined to make Russian aggression in the Ukraine all Trump's fault.

Nobody is trying to make it Trump's fault, except for Trump, who said the invasion was because he lost the election.

But after 5 years, and multiple causes, Trump has yet to say a bad word about Putin.  Why would that be?  He's had plenty of opportunity, but continues to praise Putin instead.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.1    2 years ago

Why are you and yours deflecting?

Trump has SQUAT to do with this, this is Biden's baby now, you might remember who is President now.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.1    2 years ago

Putin has dirt on Trump I am betting and he is scared shitless that he will reveal it if he does not continue to kiss his ass.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.3    2 years ago
Putin has dirt on Trump

WHAT "dirt"??

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    2 years ago

Are they going to try the "pee tape" narrative again?  Maybe the collusion for a 4th time?  I know!!!  OH WAIT!!! I KNOW....Trump scratched his ass with his left hand instead of his right!!!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.5    2 years ago
Are they going to try the "pee tape" narrative again? 

Who knows?

By now they might have fallen for some new wild thing.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    2 years ago

So they're still throwing shit against the wall.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.7    2 years ago
So they're still throwing shit against the wall.

Sadly and predictably so.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    2 years ago
this is Biden's baby now

... and by any measurement he is doing an excellent job, unless of course you are a Biden hater.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @1.1.9    2 years ago
unless of course you are a Biden hater.

Or if you are blind, deaf, and dumb, completely divorced from reality.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    2 years ago
unless of course you are a Biden hater.
Or if you are blind, deaf, and dumb, completely divorced from reality.

I agree texan, you are blind, deaf, dumb, and completely divorced from reality.  Just like you said.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.11    2 years ago
I agree texan, you are blind, deaf, dumb, and completely divorced from reality.

Pee Wee Herman called for you, he wants his lines back.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.12    2 years ago

Pee Wee Herman called for you, he wants his lines back.

So even when I agree with you, all you have is insults.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.13    2 years ago
So even when I agree with you

You shouldn't leave Pee Wee on hold for so long, it is rude!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.14    2 years ago

You shouldn't leave Pee Wee on hold for so long, it is rude!

I have never called you Pee Wee, thinking it...........

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

To quote someone who posted this in another seed...

"Hundred  of innocent words were slaughtered in order to create this word salad nothingburger".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @1.2    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

everybody that enabled Vladimir Putin,

the entire Democratic Party on the hot seat. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    2 years ago

I had the usual suspect ankle biters trying to rag on me because I said there was something hinky about Trump and Putin and pulling out of NATO and lo and behold here is the conservative Joe Scarborough basically alluding to the same thing.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago
conservative Joe Scarborough

Not for years.  Mika must give great  noggin for him to give up his soul.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago

Except for the very real, INDISPUTABLE FACT, we are in NATO. Trump didn't remove us at all, in fact, he got the other members to finally pony up more.

Don't Dems want members to "pay their fair share"????

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    2 years ago

It is strange that the liberals don't seem to understand the simple business strategy of "if you don't give me a better deal I will take all my marbles and go home".  He got exactly what he wanted all along yet liberals are lost on how he did it.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.3    2 years ago

I get so tired of the endless idiotic leftist conspiracy theories and STUPID speculations about Helsinki and us leaving NATO.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    2 years ago
I get so tired of the endless idiotic leftist conspiracy theories and STUPID speculations about Helsinki and us leaving NATO.

Their speculation and fantast is a deflection from what's actually happened the last 10 years.   It's been a real rough couple months for the Obama cult.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  bbl-1  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.1    2 years ago

Right Down The Center..............of what?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

Joe Scarborough.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    2 years ago

Probably a 52-card deck, with each card being the same.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

We all had the Bidenites telling us "Trump's not in office any longer".  But yet all the Bidenites are STILL placing blame on Trump.  

Wake up call to the Bidenites.  Trump's no longer in office, Putin didn't try this shit under Trump.  He did it under Biden

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    2 years ago

Joe’s stream-of-consciousness routine isn’t doing him any favors. On the other hand, I suppose most of his viewers just swallow whatever he says with no thought.

Joe Scarborough mocked "Trump apologists" for describing Russian interference in the 2016 election as a "hoax"

Not exactly. Russian interference in elections (whether it’s the US or some other country) is well understood and not really a controversial concept. What people consider a “hoax” is the idea that 1) Russia coordinated with the Trump campaign to illegally steal the election or 2) that anything the Russians did actually changed votes, and thus the outcome of the election.

Mitt Romney (R-UT) blasting his fellow Republicans for the "almost treasonous" defenses of Putin and Russia.

That’s stupid. We aren’t at war with Russia. How could there be treason? Ukraine is the one at war with Russia (although technically, there has been no official declaration of war that I know of).

"I'm just curious, why would he be afraid to give Vladimir Putin the suggestion 'why don't you retreat?'

I’d love it if he did, but I bet MSNBC would immediately accuse him of interfering in US foreign affairs.

So many of you telling us Vladimir Putin was never going to invade Ukraine.

This is the worst of all. You don’t need to be a Trump apologist to have said this. Lots of people said it - including people in Ukraine. Hey Joe, you want shit on the people of Ukraine while you’re at it? Dick.

Ukraine Says Russian Buildup 'Not Sufficient' For Invasion, Urges West To Finalize Sanctions

No, Russia will not invade Ukraine

Ukrainian leaders: Stay calm, Russian invasion not imminent

Russia Wants to Destabilize Ukraine, Not Invade It, Says Kyiv Security Chief

You attacked the 'mainstream media,'

Way to make it about you, Joe. What a prima donna!

'Wait a second, why did he work so hard to dismember NATO over the past four, five years?'"

He “worked so hard” at that? For some reason, I don’t remember the proposed legislation to “dismember NATO” (whatever that means). I missed the call to dismember NATO in the State of the Union speeches. I missed the executive order diminishing our role in that organization. I missed the international conferences aimed at breaking up NATO. I missed the “hard work.”

This sounds like a made up thing that circulated in the progressive email this week because I keep seeing it.

It’s a dishonest misrepresentation of Trump’s real concerns about NATO. But they know that. They just don’t care because it sounds so exciting. Honest criticism of Trump has never been enough. They always have to bend and break the truth.

after Trump publicly asked them to find her missing emails

No, he actually said that the press would reward Russia if they found the emails. This oft-repeated meme is another example the tendency toward exaggeration that I just mentioned.

Lemire concluded by reminding the panel that Putin is on-record saying he wanted Trump to win the 2016 election.

Yeah? Well, he also said he wasn’t going to invade Ukraine. Still think we should be paying any attention at all to anything Putin says “on-record?”