╌>

Just 23% of Democrats choose Biden, who faces 'landslide' loss to Trump | Washington Examiner

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  moose-knuckle  •  2 years ago  •  14 comments

By:   SecretsBedard (Washington Examiner)

Just 23% of Democrats choose Biden, who faces 'landslide' loss to Trump | Washington Examiner
Just 23% of Democratic primary voters would choose President Joe Biden for a second term, a "shocking" sign of his unpopularity within liberal ranks, according to the latest look at the 2024 race.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Just 23% of Democratic primary voters would choose President Joe Biden for a second term, a "shocking" sign of his unpopularity within liberal ranks, according to the latest look at the 2024 race.

While still on top of a list of potential 2024 Democratic primary candidates, Biden has hit another low point in the monthly survey from McLaughlin & Associates, a GOP polling firm.

Former first lady Michelle Obama, meanwhile, is surging as the only Democrat threatening Biden. Her support among Democratic primary voters is 19%, up from 16% in November.

Notably, support for 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, who has stirred new reports that she's eager to run again, came from just 4% of Democratic primary voters. And Vice President Kamala Harris is also an afterthought at 7%.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmediadc-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F9c%2F9e%2F883486d34d1f9d113d989c4bfff2%2Fscreen-shot-2022-02-28-at-10.20.53%20AM.png

The McLaughlin survey tests the 2024 race every month. It gives Democrats a slight edge in those polled, 37% to 36% for Republicans. The rest are self-described independents.

In addition to recording poor support for Biden and his policies, the survey found growing eagerness for former President Donald Trump to run again. Trump at last week's Conservative Political Action Conference gave his strongest signal yet that he will run.

The survey said that not only do Republican primary voters want Trump to run for a third time, 66%-22%, but it also found that Trump would beat Biden, Clinton, and Harris.

In fact, pollster John McLaughlin predicted an "electoral landslide," telling Secrets, "Trump would win the needed battleground states by an even higher margin" than in 2020.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmediadc-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fe7%2F0e%2Febd26e2840b385883a0bbc8d87a8%2Fscreen-shot-2022-02-28-at-10.20.17%20AM.png

Driving the country's disgruntlement with Democrats and Biden is the economy, he said, as well as growing fears the United States is in a recession despite the administration's claims that the nation's economic health has never been better.

In his analysis for Newsmax, McLaughlin said, "Two-thirds, 64%, of all voters say that America is on the wrong track. Only 32% say, 'right direction.' As gas and food prices rise, the top issue is inflation. The number of voters saying the economy is in recession rose to 57%. Two-thirds, 63%, of the voters say the economy is getting worse, and only 31% said that it is getting better. This is the worst economic result since the coronavirus pandemic caused the economic shutdown in March and April of 2020."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
1  seeder  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

Things are falling apart.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Moose Knuckle @1    2 years ago

You fell for the "I'm like a really smart guy," thing, right?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1    2 years ago
You fell for the "I'm like a really smart guy," thing, right?

Very few people actually think Joe Biden is all that smart.

Not even those who ended up voting for him because he wasn't the Orange Man.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2  Jack_TX    2 years ago

In 2016, Democrats wildly underestimated how thoroughly Hillary Clinton was despised by tens of millions of Americans.

Many Republicans are making the same mistake about Trump right now. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Jack_TX @2    2 years ago
Many Republicans are making the same mistake about Trump right now. 

I think you're right.  I do not want Trump to run again but I cannot vote for Biden or Harris.  And I do not want Obama to run, I don't feel she's done anything to show that she's qualified (much less that she even wants the job as she's said she doesn't).  But I do not want Trump in there either...  damn.   Maybe someone will come out of left field and sweep it all away in 23...   maybe I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...   

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Snuffy @2.1    2 years ago

Yeah. So far 2024 isn't looking too promising. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I have given up on Republicans after years of them coddling Trump. They have disgraced our country maybe beyond repair.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
I have given up on Republicans after years of them coddling Trump.

I guess that makes up for us giving up on folks whining about and bashing Trump for over 5 years now.

Anyone who has followed your posts over the years should have assumed that you had given up on Republicans years ago.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    2 years ago

Your entire political outlook is based on a ridiculous false belief -   that any other politician could be as bad and as unfit as Trump. Never happening.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago
Your entire political outlook is based on a ridiculous false belief -   that any other politician could be as bad and as unfit as Trump.

No, JR, that is merely your wildly erroneous misinterpretation of what my outlook is.

The simple fact is that Trump won an election, and you still can't handle it.

I was really hoping that 5 YEARS later you MIGHT begin to get over it.

I see I was wrong, apparently you may never recover.

Not my problem.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 years ago

The GIF of Hillary with her mouth open is so BF like its uncanny.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago
The GIF of Hillary with her mouth open is so BF like its uncanny.

But it still Hillary, like it or not.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    2 years ago

That is alright.  [Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @5    2 years ago
especially when their Jewish.

Especially when their Jewish WHAT????