╌>

January 6 Committee issues subpoena for Kimberly Guilfoyle - CNNPolitics

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  14 comments

By:   Ryan Nobles and Annie Grayer (CNN)

January 6 Committee issues subpoena for Kimberly Guilfoyle - CNNPolitics
The House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol Hill riot has issued a subpoena for Kimberly Guilfoyle, a former Donald Trump campaign aide and the fiancee of Donald Trump Jr., the son of the former President.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

(CNN)The House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol Hill riot has issued a subpoena for Kimberly Guilfoyle, a former Donald Trump campaign aide and the fiancee of Donald Trump Jr., the son of the former President.

Guilfoyle's subpoena comes after an ill-fated attempt by the committee to get her to cooperate voluntarily. Guilfoyle appeared via video conference for a deposition on February 25 but abruptly ended the proceedings because she was unhappy that members of the committee were participating in the deposition. In a statement, Guilfoyle's attorney claimed that the committee had violated the terms of her agreement to appear by allowing committee members to be a part of the session and by leaking news of the interview to the media. The committee responded that they had made no such arrangement and denied informing the media of her appearance. They also made clear that they were going to take steps to compel her cooperation. A promise they made good on by issuing the subpoena on Thursday. "Because Ms. Guilfoyle backed out of her original commitment to provide a voluntary interview, we are issuing today's subpoena that will compel her to testify. We expect her to comply with the law and cooperate," Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson, a Mississippi Democrat, said in a statement. Read More The committee is interested in the role Guilfoyle played in the events leading up to and on January 6, 2021. She is alleged to have played a key role in raising money for the rallies that drew Trump supporters to Washington that day. Guilfoyle also was in the Oval Office on the morning of January 6 with members of the Trump family. The committee believes she may have been privy to conversations Trump had and been witness to how he conducted himself on that day. The committee already has obtained Guilfoyle's phone records through a subpoena.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

original

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

Homewrecker are the worst...original

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    2 years ago

I am surprised the Jan 6th committee hasn't subpoenaed every single White House staffer; maid; butler; janitor; and grounds keeper. Because one of them may have heard a snippet of some conversation in passing on the 6th somewhere at sometime. 

This is how truly stupid these TDS driven morons are getting. They have completely lost their way; and are in an all out "get Trump for something, anything!"

So much for investigating the deficient security and intelligence information lapses that allowed Jan 6 to occur. [Deleted]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @3    2 years ago
their rejection of National Guard troops offered as security by Trump

And right there it is. They didn't want to prevent anything from happening. They WANTED something to happen so they could go after Trump............again. They didn't realize just how far some people would take it. Luckily no one died that day except, unfortunately, Ashli Babbitt. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1    2 years ago

Just listen to yourself. That sounds delusional...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    2 years ago
That sounds delusional...

Actually, it sounds like fact.  But feel free to show (as in provide proof) everybody why these security measures were turned away?  

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.2    2 years ago

I don't know. What does it have to do with the lousy homewrecker engaged to Donald Jr?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    2 years ago
What does it have to do with the lousy homewrecker engaged to Donald Jr?

Don't try to deflect.  

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.4    2 years ago

Don't tell me what to do on my own seeds...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.1.5    2 years ago

Oh no!!!!!  What shall I ever do!?!?!?!? 

You want to deflect, I'm going to call you out on it.  IDGAF if it's your seed or anybody any other seed.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.6    2 years ago

Do you try to bully people like that in real life?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.1.7    2 years ago

Oh.  Do I intimidate you?  Are you afraid of somebody whose only interaction with you is via the internet?  

You call it bullying, I call it being ME.  Yes.  I'm as abrasive in person as I am here on NT.  I don't sugar coat a damn thing.  I call out bullshit as I see it.  Don't like it?  Put me on ignore, don't react to me.  

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @3    2 years ago

Why wouldn't they invite Trump's own troops into it?

Let's use some basic logic here. Use your noggins...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @3    2 years ago
I am surprised the Jan 6th committee hasn't subpoenaed every single White House staffer; maid; butler; janitor; and grounds keeper. Because one of them may have heard a snippet of some conversation in passing on the 6th somewhere at sometime.

Don't give them any ideas.  The whole thing is already a waste of time and money.  

So much for investigating the deficient security and intelligence information lapses that allowed Jan 6 to occur.

[Deleted]