╌>

The Lesser Of Two Evils

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  28 comments

The Lesser Of Two Evils

It is the 2024 Republican presidential primary in your state. 

You are a conservative voter who says you do not want to vote for Donald Trump again, but are committed to voting for the lesser of two evils, no matter who it is. 

In a 2024 choice between Trump and Mitt Romney, would Trump be the "lesser of two evils" ? 

How about Trump vs. Liz Cheney?

Trump vs Adam Kinzinger ? 

Trump vs Lindsay Graham ?

Trump vs. Ben Sasse?

Trump vs Marco Rubio ? 

Trump vs. Mike Pence ?

What are the limits of "the lesser of two evils"  philosophy? 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

This article is about 2024 Republican presidential primaries. Any mention of Democratic candidates will be subject to possible removal. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2  MrFrost    2 years ago

Anyone but Trump. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @2    2 years ago

Agreed.   None of the above.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    2 years ago

The point of the list of names in the article is to see to what extent "conservatives" will support Trump as the lesser of two evils, even when matched with other conservatives, albeit the names listed in the article are a little more "moderate" than the average Republican legislator. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    2 years ago

If the Republican choice in 2024 was Trump vs. Liz Cheney , who would you vote for? 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    2 years ago
Trump vs. Liz Cheney

It's cute that you ignore that Cheney was ejected from the GOP.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.3    2 years ago

She is palatable to the left; and they know she will never win. So John is all in for her.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    2 years ago
So John is all in for her.

I don't know.  John seems to be all for Trump.  The only time I've seen somebody talk about somebody this much is when my daughter was 6 she had a thing for Johnny Depp.  CONSTANTLY talked about him.  Much like John is with Trump.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.6  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.5    2 years ago

Then does that explain your Hillary obsession?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @2.1.6    2 years ago

And were did I mention her again?  OH that's right.  I didn't. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.8  bugsy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.7    2 years ago

Again..just making shit up.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MrFrost @2    2 years ago
Anyone but Trump.

And that's the idiotic mindset that gave us the Bumbling Joe Biden administration.  

But, hey, at least you don't have mean tweets.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2    2 years ago

Contending that Trump's only fault is "mean tweets"  is bizarre, at best.  "Mean tweets " are the least of his transgressions. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.1    2 years ago

From what we've seen from the years of investigations, the "Mean Tweets" is all you really have evidence for.  Unfortunately, your hurt feelings don't mean a goddamn thing to many.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
2.2.3  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.2    2 years ago

He is most guilty of refusing to be a disgusting neocon to the military industrial complex. For that he cannot be. They are so upset they now change profiles to flags of corrupt countries and beg for boots on the ground against nuclear powers so we can ultimately destroy ourselves.

The final solution in TDS, end mankind because orange man bad.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3  Snuffy    2 years ago

I'm not a Republican so I don't vote in the primaries.  But if I were to vote...   

I believe I would vote in order  Marco Rubio, Ben Sasse, Mike Pence..  I don't know enough about Kinzinger to say one way or another.  For my money, not Graham or Cheney.  Graham because he flip-flops depending on the wind and Cheney is too much a hawk for my taste.  Just about anybody however over Trump, I really do not want him running again.

and I know this is gonna chafe your chaps, but in a showdown between Trump and Biden I would vote for Trump.  Cannot support Biden or Harris in this regard.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  Snuffy @3    2 years ago
and I know this is gonna chafe your chaps, but in a showdown between Trump and Biden I would vote for Trump.  Cannot support Biden or Harris in this regard.

Second that. Biden/Harris and the Democrats have been a complete disaster for this country since they took power. Republicans suck; but the Democrats are on a whole new level of sucking that we have never seen before; and hopefully will never see again. 

As for the rest of the list- no, just no. That is a list of past failures; and Republicans that Democrats find palatable. Mainly Cheney and Kinzinger. No TDS suffering loons that aid and abet Democrat insanity.

Now if DeSantis was on the list (as much as it would make Democrats puke); or Nikki Haley- then that is different.'

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    2 years ago

So you are saying you would vote for the criminal Donald Trump over Romney, Cheney, Kinzinger, Graham, Sasse, Rubio, and Pence, even though all of them are "conservatives" ?

Okay. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago

You picked a list of losers; and conservatives that are palatable to Democrats. So the answer is yes. Trump is the lesser of two evils. The object is to get Biden and the Democrats out of office. Not make the left's life easier.

As for the criminal part- the left have been trying for over five years; breaking the law many times to do so- and still haven't been able to pin anything on him.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
4  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

The real reason why Trump is hated so much by the left is he is not a NEOCON nor interventionist. That cannot stand. The war party needs their wars.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Moose Knuckle @4    2 years ago

Trump is a pathologically narcissistic serial liar. Odd you think he is qualified for public office. 

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
4.1.1  Moose Knuckle  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

What do you call a guy that sent his son to a country currently being invaded to siphon cash out of while funding the invading army through oil dependence after he curtailed domestic exploration and production?

What do you call a guy who uses the invading army to broker a bad deal with Iran who chants death to America and Death to Israel so he can get some of their oil while claiming fossil fuels are bad? The green new deal turned out to be greenlighting despots and dictators.

Have you looked at recent polling?  Democrats are finished. It's time to walk away.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago
Trump is a pathologically narcissistic serial liar.

So, what you're saying is Trump is a politician just like EVERY OTHER politician the world over.  Yet, somehow this one person means more to you than anybody else.

Odd you think he is qualified for public office. 

Odd you seem to think Biden is qualified. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.2    2 years ago
So, what you're saying is Trump is a politician just like EVERY OTHER politician the world over.  Yet, somehow this one person means more to you than anybody else.

You are waaaaaayyyyyyyy out there.  Not a surprise considering how much conspiracy nonsense you believe. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    2 years ago
Not a surprise considering how much conspiracy nonsense you believe. 

LMAO.  That's funny coming from you.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

I think I might give Romney another shot.