╌>

War On Christmas? Walmart Kicks Out Caroling Kids, Threatens To Call Police

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  13 comments

We know the people who run Walmart are evil,but who knew they weregrinchy enough to throw out a group of Christmas caroling kids?

NBC 5 reports students from the Henley High School and Middle School choirs sang Carol of the Bells at a Walmart in Klamath Falls, Oregon, to share some holiday spirit and nearly wound up with rap sheets instead. Suddenly, a manager came and told the kidsto leave, or theyd call the police. Luckily, the kids received a warm welcomeat a nearby Fred Meyers grocery store.

Inquisitr adds that Henley parent Stacy Kerns was so angeredby the callous way Walmart treated the Christmas carolers, she posted her video of the incident on her Facebook page with the following message:

My daughter and Henley choirwere doing a flash mob at are [sic] Walmart and the co-manager Corrie told the kids in the middle of the song to leave it [sic] they would call law enforcement on the kids. Make this go viral people please!

In the comments to her post, Kerns further explained that Walmarts co-manager had already called the police as they were leaving. In addition, the manager told her the store was private property and people arent allowed to take pictures and videos. Over 60,000 people have viewed the video on YouTube ,andKerns Facebook posthas been shared over 6,000 times.The comments have also been mostly supportive, and include:

I wonder if the police would have had any say in it? Kids out with there school celebrating the season, and this women didnt like it. Wow,
  • Everyone that was there should lodge a complaint with the corporate office. It should be done individually to flood their system.
  • what is this walmart coming to and where is the xmas joy.
  • What in the world is wrong with this woman, i would fight that and get her fired.

What happened at Walmart?

Onecan only wonder if Walmarts managers are so rattledbythe wave of recent Walmart-related protests that any large group of people makes them nervous. But that appears not to be the case. The Herald and News followed up toreport that a communications breakdown had taken place, and the Walmart store was in crisis mode when the 30-odd carolers arrived, because children were reported missing (they were found and returned safely to their caregivers). Walmart spokeswoman Betsy Hardin explained:

It was just kind of a tough situation last night that led to an unfortunate misunderstanding.We reached out to the school and we wanted to make it right.

A YouTube commenter added that one of the managers the one with whom theschool principals had made their choirs arrangements was out on break and the other manager didnt know the carolers were coming. This writers glad things got cleared up,and that Walmarts representatives apologized to the kids and their parents. But these types of public relations nightmares seem to happen way too often at Walmart. Could it have something to do with a horrible business model that makes it impossible for managers and associates to work together effectively, and because Walmart trains employees to follow rules, not use their brains to solve problems? How can miscommunications not happen when associates work unpredictable schedules, the stores are chronically understaffed, and managers are stuck enforcing this horrible system?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

Shame on Wal Mart!

Nona62
Professor Silent

aawww..MM, don't tell me you're a ScroogeSmile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

OK...NO COOKIES FOR YOU!! 68.gif 68.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

NOPE!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

NO..blame it on Santa for eating them all!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

MM...that video was hysterical! I always like Gruocho.Thanks!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

The nerve!!!How dare these punks do something nice!! /s ( I love the "flash mob" things)

Nona62
Professor Silent

Scrooge !!! 104.gif 104.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

I've seen several videos of flash mobs....they're awesome, and turn a mundane day into a happy day.

Nona62
Professor Silent

There is a time and place for everything, and clogging up crowded store aisles is neither, despite what others think. From the videos I have seen, there is plenty of room for people to move around if they want to. I haven't seen a video where people were trapped by the Flash Mob.

Nona62
Professor Silent

hmmph...well, you're no fun ! 107.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

I'm sure the majority of the customers enjoyed the Caroling..and a brief break from the hustle and bustle...

Nona62
Professor Silent

LOL...Another Scrooge..."BAH HUMBUG" Smile.gif