╌>

Anne Applebaum Speculates to Hillary Clinton: ‘Useful Idiot’ Tucker Carlson is Being Fed Inside Info From Russia

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  44 comments

Anne Applebaum Speculates to Hillary Clinton: ‘Useful Idiot’ Tucker Carlson is Being Fed Inside Info From Russia
Applebaum, a prominent writer for The Atlantic, replied, “The role of the Trump apologist is truly interesting. For me, it invokes the left-wing apologists for communism in the last century. I think their behavior comes out of something similar- their dislike of their own country, of the United States, the nature of modern America is so strong that they are looking for alternatives anywhere. Even if those are autocratic.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

www.mediaite.com   /podcasts/anne-applebaum-speculates-to-hillary-clinton-useful-idiot-tucker-carlson-is-being-fed-inside-info-from-russia/

candice-ortiz 2-3 minutes   3/23/2022

Hillary Clinton   and journalist   Anne Applebaum   have speculated that Fox News host   Tucker Carlson   is “getting information from someone with ties to Russia” and acting as “a conduit for the Russian government.”

On Monday’s episode of   You and Me Both with Hillary Clinton , the two chatted about concerns with the Russian government’s use of Carlson’s content. Clinton asked, “How do you think Russia views somebody like Tucker Carlson and the other Trump apologists?”

Applebaum, a prominent writer for   The Atlantic , replied, “The role of the Trump apologist is truly interesting. For me, it invokes the left-wing apologists for communism in the last century. I think their behavior comes out of something similar- their dislike of their own country, of the United States, the nature of modern America is so strong that they are looking for alternatives anywhere. Even if those are autocratic.”

Those alternatives Applebaum suggested, lie in the Russian government. She suggests Carlson and those like him are “willing to overlook the true nature of those autocratic states if that gives them a kind of stick with which they can beat their own country.”

She continued, “I don’t know exactly where Tucker gets his information but some of it is quite specific. He’s made specific comments about things the Ukrainians have done that someone is feeding him information about how to describe the war and giving him ideas. Then, of course, that information is very, very useful for the Putin regime to play it back on Russian TV. Tucker Carlson   appears quite   frequently and it’s used as evidence that ‘we have support in America’. He’s literally a useful idiot. He’s getting information from someone with ties to Russia. I don’t know who that is and I don’t want to speculate.”

Applebaum concluded, “He’s acting as a conduit for the Russian government.”

“Mm-hmm,” Clinton agreed and then swiftly moved on, changing the subject to the bravery of Ukrainian President   Volodymyr Zelensky .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
“I don’t know exactly where Tucker gets his information but some of it is quite specific. He’s made specific comments about things the Ukrainians have done that someone is feeding him information about how to describe the war and giving him ideas. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
“The role of the Trump apologist is truly interesting. For me, it invokes the left-wing apologists for communism in the last century. I think their behavior comes out of something similar- their dislike of their own country, of the United States, the nature of modern America is so strong that they are looking for alternatives anywhere. Even if those are autocratic.”

As I have been demonstrating in seeds and comments, the right wings affection for Putin is not new and is ideologically driven. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    2 years ago

Speculation.

Ho hum.

Any fool can speculate, but only a few are dumb enough to do it publicly.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3    2 years ago

Anne Applebaum is an expert on Russia and authoritarian governments. Her speculation is more informed than yours or mine might be. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago

Yippee.

Still just speculation.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    2 years ago

Try to come up with more than one thought. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago

NT has become a world where nothing liberals say matters unless it is backed up by indisputable scientifically derived proof from a source specifically approved by your opponent.  Until then it’s all yippee and hohum.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.3    2 years ago

I agree, but just as annoying to me are people who cannot express themselves beyond a grammar school level. A current events discussion forum should be better than that. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    2 years ago

My true thoughts on this hit piece would be ticketed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.5    2 years ago
My true thoughts on this hit piece would be ticketed.

We'll never know unless you try. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.6    2 years ago

I know, and that is sufficient

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.3    2 years ago

The actual article says she is speculating, and it is the seeders choice of source.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.10  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.1.10    2 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.12  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.11    2 years ago

If Tucker is really not Putin's puppet mouthing Putin's lies then how do you explain this totally authentic and verified photo of Tucker Carlson with Vlad Putin's arm up his backside?original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.12    2 years ago

Aw, your two favorite people in the whole wide world!

How sweet! 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.14  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.13    2 years ago

original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.14    2 years ago

And now, your third most favorite human enters the picture!

Cool!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    2 years ago
Try to come up with more than one thought. 

But you can't even comprehend what the thought I presented to you means, so wouldn't more just confuse you?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.13    2 years ago

These two are really the faves of many here.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.18  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.17    2 years ago

original

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.19  bugsy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.17    2 years ago

I think the one on the right is more truth than meme

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.20  JBB  replied to  bugsy @3.1.19    2 years ago

No wonder the gop has a bad rep with women.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.21  bugsy  replied to  JBB @3.1.20    2 years ago
No wonder the gop has a bad rep with women.

Riiiiiiiighht.

Delusion runs deep with many of those on the left.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.22  bugsy  replied to  JBB @3.1.20    2 years ago

Says the person that posted THIS on another seed:

Kudos to The Lifetime Network for brilliant casting of their upcoming Marjorie Taylor Greene biopic..

original

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.23  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @3.1.22    2 years ago

And this.....

"Without plastic surgery MTG looks as ragged!"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.1.23    2 years ago

the sheer hypocrisy drips off his comment. 

oh, the irony!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.25  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @3.1.10    2 years ago
This from the person who almost exclusively posted nothing but "Trump is not fit to be president" for six years, and even until today.

[Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

“The role of the Trump apologist is truly interesting. For me, it invokes the left-wing apologists for communism in the last century.

Agree and I made a similar observation two days ago:

"We live in a world that's upside down.  I remember when it was the Dems apologizing for the USSR, now extremists in the Parties have flipped."

I've always enjoyed and learned from reading Anne Applebaum.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    2 years ago

Neither Hillary or Anne knows jack shit about this country. Both should move to Russia to find a more appreciative audience; that way Putin can pay them directly. Must be torture for them to wait for third party payments to arrive since Russian foreign assists have been cut off.

Keep on dividing the country further ladies; Putin loves you both. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @5    2 years ago
Both should move to Russia to find a more appreciative audience; that way Putin can pay them directly.

You have it backwards. Tuckio Rose Carlson is the one on the Russian payroll. Hillary and Anne Applebaum, you know, oppose Putin. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago

Some proof would be highly appreciated and totally unexpected!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @5    2 years ago
Neither Hillary or Anne knows jack shit about this country

When you say "this country" that implies you're speaking of the country you're currently in. So Hillary and Anne know jack shit about Russia but you do? Hillary has met with Russian leaders and was the US Secretary of State, perhaps only a Russian internet troll would have any better understanding of Russia, though from a completely different perspective, that of licking Putin's boots.

Must be torture for them to wait for third party payments to arrive since Russian foreign assists have been cut off.

And you have evidence of some payments being made to Hillary Clinton or Anne Applebaum? That would really be some news so please do share, if not then clearly you're just regurgitating bullshit right wing conservative pro-Russian propaganda and scum bag fascist talking points.

Keep on dividing the country further ladies; Putin loves you both.

Understanding that weak little Fucker Carlson is shilling for the Kremlin isn't what's diving the country, it's weak little right wing piece of shit conservatives like Fucker Carlson giving aid and comfort to our enemy that is dividing our country. I never would have imagined we'd have Putin apologists in America, but then I saw the fascists, Nazi's, confederate lovers and white supremacist militia groups marching together flying their swastika flags and confederate flags side by side chanting "Jews will not replace us!" and I realized that right wing conservative fascism has poisoned America and become a malignant tumor we cannot excise fast enough.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

If we were actually engage in a shooting match with Russia I wonder how Tucker's fans would feel then? We are the USA and have a freedom to express ourselves but WWII proved there was a limit to that speech

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    2 years ago
If we were actually engage in a shooting match with Russia I wonder how Tucker's fans would feel then?

Just like Carlson, they'd likely be asking "Why are we fighting with other right wing white Christian conservatives who share our dislike of liberal values and progressive society and the weak alliance we call western democracies made up of 'shit hole' African countries, Western Europe and other non-white non-Christian pacifist loving weakling countries?".

Let's just admit it, sadly there are millions of right wing conservatives here in America who feel they have more in common with the right wing conservative totalitarian Russian regime than they do with their fellow Americans who happen to be liberals/progressives. And they see Putin as a "strong" leader because he has no qualms with assassinating opponents, silencing liberal dissidents, jailing or murdering political opponents or committing war crimes by bombing hospitals and schools or using WMD's and chemical weapons against civilian populations. I believe there are many right wing conservative Christians who believe there is a religious war coming and they believe their Christ will be coming to wipe out all the liberals, Muslims, gays and anyone who does not bow down and accept their Christ as their lord and savior. Harboring hate in their heart for those they consider "trash" or "others" is common even though it is directly counter to the teaching of the Christ in the bible, but few of them would actually know that since that would actually take reading the bible instead of just listening to the partisan pastors and prejudiced priests.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1    2 years ago
I believe there are many right wing conservative Christians who believe there is a religious war coming and they believe their Christ will be coming to wipe out all the liberals, Muslims, gays and anyone who does not bow down and accept their Christ as their lord and savior.

Sounds about right. They probably see this all as the sign of The End Times

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    2 years ago
She suggests Carlson and those like him are “willing to overlook the true nature of those autocratic states if that gives them a kind of stick with which they can beat their own country.”

I doubt that. I think Carlson is trying to craft a new set of “hot takes” every night so he can keep the ratings going. Also, like a lot of people in TV journalism, he likes to imagine he is catching people doing something naughty so he can be the savior that exposed them. None of it should be respected as either journalism or analysis.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @7    2 years ago

That is his bread and butter, Sensationalism and controversy.

He is nothing more than entertainment and admits so.

The problem lies with people that think he is a bearer of truth.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @7.1    2 years ago
He is nothing more than entertainment and admits so. The problem lies with people that think he is a bearer of truth.

Seems like only one side gets in a tizzy over Carlson's comments.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

www.msn.com   /en-us/news/politics/tucker-carlson-argues-black-scotus-noms-should-think-like-rappers-and-i-can-t-make-this-headline-sound-less-awful/ar-AAVpBIH

Tucker Carlson Argues Black SCOTUS Noms Should Think Like Rappers, And I Can’t Make This Headline Sound Less Awful

2-3 minutes   Invalid Date

F ox News host Tucker Carlson wants to know: If Supreme Court Justice nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson really represents Black women, then why doesn’t she think like a street rapper?

After the Senate finished its   first day of questioning   in Jackson’s confirmation hearings on Tuesday, Carlson complained on his show that the nominee’s views “really seem like those of every affluent white liberal I’ve ever met.”

“If you want a Black candidate – I’m serious, I think the country would get better representation from…,” the Fox News host trailed off before saying, “She’s just a carbon copy of everyone in the neighborhood I spent my life in,” referring to La Jolla in San Diego.

Then Carlson threw in an extra helping of racism when his guest, right-wing commentator Clay Travis, claimed that Democrats were angling for “cosmetic diversity” with Jackson’s nomination.

“If you picked a rap star off the street, that person’s views would more likely be closer to the views of the average American than the views of this woman, I would argue,” Carlson said

“I would bet money on it, actually,” he added.

Carlson’s take came on the second day of Jackson’s confirmation hearings, during which Republicans like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) tried to paint the nominee as, among other things, a critical race theory ideologue, an endeavor that led to Cruz   demanding to know if Jackson believed in racist babies .

“Do you agree with this book that is being taught with kids that babies are racist?” the Texas senator asked after railing against “Antiracist Baby,” a book by Black activist Ibram Kendi.

The GOP’s official Twitter account wasn’t subtle about it either.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @8    2 years ago

original

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @8    2 years ago

Why should she "think" like a rapper? What do rappers think about? I bet a lot of them think about the same things the rest of us do...taking care of our families and paying our bills

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
8.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.2    2 years ago
What do rappers think about?

I don't know.

I bet a lot of them think about the same things the rest of us do...taking care of our families and paying our bills

Do most have families?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.2.1    2 years ago

Yes, quite a few of them do.