╌>

Trump Scores Stunning 59% Approval; 12 Pts. More Than Biden

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  26 comments

By:   Tommy Christopher (Mediaite)

Trump Scores Stunning 59% Approval; 12 Pts. More Than Biden
Former President Donald Trump scored a shockingly high 59 percent approval in one recent poll, much higher than in most other polls.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Tommy ChristopherMar 23rd, 2022, 12:17 pm Twitter share button <?php // Post Body ?>

L:Elsa/Getty Images - R:Alex Wong/Getty Images

Former President Donald Trump scored a shockingly high 59 percent approval in one recent poll, much higher than in most other polls — and 12 points higher than President Joe Biden in that same poll.

On Tuesday, subscribers to the mailing list for Trump's "Save America" PAC received one of the statements Trump has been sending in lieu of tweeting or using his own social media network. This one carried the subject line "ICYMI: President Trump's Favorable Rating" and featured a screenshot of a tweet that showed a stunning result:

That poll did, indeed, link to an Emerson College poll that not only showed Trump with that favorability rating, but a 12-point advantage over Biden's favorability:

Former President Trump has a nearly 12-point favorability advantage over Biden: 59% of voters say they are somewhat or very favorable of Trump, compared with 47% who are somewhat or very favorable of Biden. In a hypothetical 2024 election against former President Trump, Biden trails 45% to 42%.
Kimball continued, "Notable demographic differences include region and education. Trump leads Biden among both suburban voters, 47% to 38%, and rural voters, 59% to 35%, while Biden holds 54% to 30% support among urban and city voters. Regarding education, Trump leads among those without a college degree, 51% to 33%, while Biden leads among those with a college degree or more 52% to 37%."

That result is a severe outlier from every other poll that 538 tracked this month, in which Trump's favorability ranges from 39 percent to 45 percent, and his next-lowest unfavorable rating is 52 percent. Trump's rating is 45.5% favorable to 51.1% unfavorable in 538's average. But Emerson enjoys an A- pollster rating from 538.

President Biden's approval experienced a surge following his State of the Union address, and perhaps buoyed by public sentiment about the war in Ukraine, but remains in the low forties in the major polling averages. In general election polls, he's locked in a seesaw battle in which he holds either single-digit leads over Trump, or trails within the margin of error, with a large chunk of undecided voters.

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under: Donald TrumpEmerson CollegeJoe BidenPolls Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

It goes without saying that this does not bode well for the near term future of the United States.  We are living in an idiocracy. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

The USA will begin to recover when the dastardly Dem dummies are turned out to pasture come the midterms.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

I gotta push my kids to make me a grandmother. At least those kids will be smart just like their parents

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Because we have the human fuck up machine in the Oval Office that the Democrats put there.

Midterms will be the start of correcting that colossal mistake.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
It goes without saying that this does not bode well for the near term future of the United States.  We are living in an idiocracy.

Just goes to show that more people approve of him when he is NOT the President, than ever approved of him when he WAS the President.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.4    2 years ago

Doesn't the exact same thing apply equally well to Biden?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.1    2 years ago
Doesn't the exact same thing apply equally well to Biden?

Won't know until he is NOT President anymore......will we?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.4.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ozzwald @1.4    2 years ago

That’s what I was thinking.  Getting banned from social media means that his diarrhea of the mouth isn’t making the splash that it used to.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.4.2    2 years ago

or one could be smart enough to look at Biden poll numbers before he became President and compares them to his tanking numbers as president.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.4    2 years ago
or one could be smart enough to look at Biden poll numbers before he became President and compares them to his tanking numbers as president.

Why do you continue to compare apples to tires?  For a meaningful comparison, you need to compare current poll numbers and post Presidential poll numbers.  So, as I said, we won't know until he is NOT President anymore.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.6  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.4.3    2 years ago

Diarrhea of the mouth and splash - EW!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.7  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.4.5    2 years ago

I am sorry you don't get what I stated.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.7    2 years ago
I am sorry you don't get what I stated.

I am sorry your statement is nonsensical.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.4.9  arkpdx  replied to  Ozzwald @1.4.5    2 years ago

I looked at the poll numbers on Real Clear Politics and the highest approval rating  Biden receive was 45% but that one can't be accurate because it came from a Fox News poll and, according to the left and Biden supporters) Fox news never is right. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.4.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @1.4    2 years ago
Just goes to show that more people approve of him when he is NOT the President, than ever approved of him when he WAS the President.

It shows that even doing NOTHING Trump is still far better that Brandon.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.4.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.4.10    2 years ago
It shows that even doing NOTHING Trump is still far better that Brandon.

No, actually it shows people like Trump better when he does nothing.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.5  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
We are living in an idiocracy. 

You are correct but it is the democrats fault for nominating Joe (let's go Brandon) Biden and Kamala (Camel Hairless) for president and vice president the electing them to those posts. Some they the democrats might learn but I sincerely doubt it. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.5.1  pat wilson  replied to  arkpdx @1.5    2 years ago
(let's go Brandon) Biden and Kamala (Camel Hairless) 

The acuity of your intellectual discourse is simply stunning !

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.5.2  arkpdx  replied to  pat wilson @1.5.1    2 years ago

In order to insult me I must first value you opinion. I don't buy nice try

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.5.3  pat wilson  replied to  arkpdx @1.5.2    2 years ago

You don't value my opinion ?? I'm shattered I tell you, shattered !

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.5.4  arkpdx  replied to  pat wilson @1.5.3    2 years ago

Yawn!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

I guess that those polled support a traitor.  Disgusting.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1  arkpdx  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    2 years ago

Who would that be and what act of treason did he commit and get convicted of? Be specific especially on the reason charges and convictions 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    2 years ago

A quote translated from a Manhua I read recently said "When a dumb and simple-minded person holds power, no one knows who will be at the end of their sword."

It's clear that conservatives have convinced themselves that if Trump was back in power only the liberals they hate will be at the point of the sword so to speak, but the fact is they are gravely mistaken. Trump is dangerous to anyone and everyone in America, a ticking time bomb threatening to weaken and destroy our hard won constitutional republic, which is, of course, the primary reason Putin worked so hard to get him elected. With the 2020 election rational patriotic Americans snuffed out the fuse Putin had lit four years before.

Right wing conservatives with zero sense considered Trumps unpredictability as an asset. Anyone with more than half a brain who understands even the slightest bit about governing know that unpredictability is a recipe for disaster when it comes to democracy and is only really embraced by fascists and authoritarians.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2    2 years ago

That didn't even come close to answering the question I asked Paula. Good deflection try though

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    2 years ago

Trump got 59%?  Damn, thought he'd do better with the Nazis and Ku Kluxers than that.  He has problems.