╌>

Why Isn't Tom Cotton Preventing Rape In His Home State Of Arkansas?

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  25 comments

Tom Cotton tried to grill her on whether or not she knew how many rapes occurred in the United States, as if she has some personal responsibility for lowering the number.  

To be fair, one might say that as a US Senator preventing rape is not his job.  But, as a federal appeals court judge it's not Ketanji Jackson's job either. Yet Tom Cotton tried to grill her on whether or not she knew how many rapes occurred in the United States, as if she has some personal responsibility for lowering the number.  

Something like this exchange took place time after time as the Republican senators asked irrelevant (to the Supreme Court position) questions of Judge Jackson over and over. 

The consensus is that the GOP inquisitors were trying to appeal to the Q Anon voter base of the Republican Party. Maybe Jackson should have asked them if they are now or have ever been a member of the Q Anon conspiracy. That might have shut them up. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Some people think the Republicans "got away with" their pointless attacks on Jackson. But I think the American people were watching with disapproval. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
"But I think the American people were watching with disapproval."

Just like they did when the Democrats made baseless attacks on Kavanaugh and Barrett

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    2 years ago

I can't believe the dems are trying to fool the American people into believing they take the high road after what they did to Kavanaugh and Barrett.  This pales in comparison to what was done to them.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

The biggest takeaway from the hearings is that she can’t define a woman.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2    2 years ago

Maybe she feels no need to define the word "woman".  What does the original text of the constitution say about the matter? 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    2 years ago

She's trying to hide her radical far left views

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.3  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2    2 years ago

The takeaway? Jackson is way smarter than Josh Hawley, Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    2 years ago

Do you ever wonder how the Democrats have bungled the Trump implosion so badly? This should be a once in a century opportunity for the democrats to run up the score.   Yet because their intellectual superstars  can't articulate simple things like what a woman is, Democrats have somehow managed to make Republicans more popular than ever. 

Jackson's inability to articulate something as simple as what a woman is shows how disconnected the democrats are from ordinary Americans. How can anyone trust them to lead when they lack all common sense?  

Democrats are so caught up in their own bubble that they think their crazy race/gender obsessions are shared by normal people. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.4    2 years ago

Ah yes, those simple questions that come laden with follow-up landmines ... I would have been disappointed had KBJ taken the bait.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @1.2.5    2 years ago

Yes, that proves my point.  That asking an adult progressive how to define a woman is considered a landmine for progressives is all you really have to know about how absurd the democratic party has become.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2    2 years ago

When asked for the definition a "woman", the Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously agreed:  "the obedient servant of her husband".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
Some people think the Republicans "got away with" their pointless attacks on Jackson. But I think the American people were watching with disapproval.

She'll survive those "attacks" just like Kavanaugh and Barrett have.

At least Republicans didn't stoop as low as to try to figure out some "code" in high school yearbooks or accuse her of rape and assault.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3    2 years ago

No, Jackson wasn't accused by multiple victims...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.3.1    2 years ago
No, Jackson isn't accused by multiple witnesses.

And Kavanaugh wasn't accused by any credible witnesses.

And yet the left fell over themselves hoping against hope that at least ONE of the "accusers" could prove something, or just the bad press would be enough to sway a few votes. 

Epic fail, btfw.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.3.3  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @1.3.1    2 years ago
No, Jackson wasn't accused by multiple victims...

Neither was Kavanaugh.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @1.3.3    2 years ago
Neither was Kavanaugh.  

Excellent point!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.3.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3    2 years ago
At least Republicans didn't stoop as low as to try to figure out some "code" in high school yearbooks or accuse her of rape and assault.

I guess they could always just fabricate something out of thin air.  Where is Judy Munro Leighton these days, anyway?  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.3.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @1.3.5    2 years ago
guess they could always just fabricate something out of thin air.

ironic Cotton turned synthetic...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    2 years ago
Arkansas's rape rate is 77.2 rapes per 100,000 inhabitants , making it the second-highest in the country. Like other states, the number of rape cases reported at state universities has increased significantly. 2019's rape rate is over four points higher than it was in 2018.

Rape Statistics by State 2022 - World Population Review

Let me tell you something...Tommy Cotton couldn't find Arkansas on a map. He doesn't even live here just keeps a small apartment in Little Rock for his residency. He doesn't care about the people of Arkansas and cares even less about women. He has a very misogynistic view of women. Can't stand the man

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    2 years ago

I bet he votes by mail in ballot...

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @2.1    2 years ago
I bet he votes by mail in ballot...

Nope. He votes by Male in. Even when Malebox is closed. FCK him, and his Cotton pickin backass wards n views. Total scum bag!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    2 years ago
10.  He has opposed legislation to expand women’s rights. Senator Cotton voted against equal pay legislation and the Violence Against Women Act. While Senator Cotton’s website will say that the vote was taken out of context, and that the Senator supports harsh punishment for sexual assault, a vote is a vote. If that’s the case, then why would he vote against an act that would give women more resources in the case of abuse or assault? And why would he vote against legislation that would push for equivalent pay? No matter what defense Cotton’s team comes up with, there’s really no logic or excuse to vote against women’s rights.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    2 years ago

I didn't watch any of it, just have seen snippets.

I think she was right on point basically calling them out telling them it was their job to legislate.

I think it flew in one ear and out the other.

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    2 years ago

I saw this and thought it was funny.

colin2190_normal.jpg
Colin Mochrie
@colinmochrie
·
22h
I would love to watch a show that was 3 days of questioning senators to see if they are qualified for their job.

Thomas
Masters Guide
5.1  Thomas  replied to  Ender @5    2 years ago

I think that should be done to all candidates for Federal office.