╌>

Donald Trump sues Hillary Clinton, others over 2016 Russian collusion allegations

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  97 comments

By:   Jan Wolfe and Jonathan Stempel (YahooNews)

Donald Trump sues Hillary Clinton, others over 2016 Russian collusion allegations
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Donald Trump on Thursday sued his rival in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Hillary Clinton, and several other Democrats, alleging that they tried to rig that election by tying his campaign to Russia. The lawsuit covers a long list of grievances the Republican former president repeatedly aired during his four years in the White House after beating Clinton, and comes as he continues to falsely claim that his 2020 election defeat by Democratic President Joe Biden was...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Donald Trump on Thursday sued his rival in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Hillary Clinton, and several other Democrats, alleging that they tried to rig that election by tying his campaign to Russia.

The lawsuit covers a long list of grievances the Republican former president repeatedly aired during his four years in the White House after beating Clinton, and comes as he continues to falsely claim that his 2020 election defeat by Democratic President Joe Biden was the result of widespread fraud.

"Acting in concert, the Defendants maliciously conspired to weave a false narrative that their Republican opponent, Donald J. Trump, was colluding with a hostile foreign sovereignty," the former president alleged in a 108-page lawsuit filed in a federal court in Florida.

The suit alleges "racketeering" and a "conspiracy to commit injurious falsehood," among other claims.

A Clinton representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The suit seeks compensatory and punitive damages. Trump said he was "forced to incur expenses in an amount to be determined at trial, but known to be in excess of twenty-four million dollars ($24,000,000) and continuing to accrue, in the form of defense costs, legal fees, and related expenses."

The defendants in Trump's lawsuit include Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer.

A dossier written by Steele, which was circulated to the FBI and media outlets before the November 2016 election, set out unproven assertions that Russia had embarrassing information about Trump and some of his Republican campaign's advisers and that Moscow was working behind the scenes to defeat Clinton.

A 966-page report issued by a Republican-led U.S. Senate committee in 2020 concluded that Russia used Republican political operative Paul Manafort and the WikiLeaks website to try to help Trump win the 2016 election.

Manafort worked on Trump's presidential campaign for five months in 2016.

Russia's alleged election interference, which Moscow denies, sparked a two-year-long U.S. investigation headed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

In 2019, Mueller released an exhaustive report that detailed numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump campaign but did not charge any Trump associate with a criminal conspiracy.

Mueller said in his report that "the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

OOOoo...This is going to be sweet!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

pffft, all those defendants have to do is incorporate trumpski's judicial stalling tactics and by the time any of it gets to court, chances are pretty good he'll be a no show, one way or another...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Yes.  It will be the 'sweetest' when Trump, his witnesses and other cohorts will have to present their case and provide evidence under oath.

That...............will indeed be 'very interesting'.

The article did not specify who the legal counsel for Trump in this endeavor is, or the law firm.  Why?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.1  devangelical  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2    2 years ago

based upon his past legal experiences, it'll be a firm with a revolving door...

goose is back
Junior Guide
1.2.2  goose is back  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2    2 years ago
The article did not specify who the legal counsel for Trump in this endeavor is, or the law firm.  Why?

Why do you care about a law firm?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  goose is back @1.2.2    2 years ago

Just worried about counsel getting screwed again, lol

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.4  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @1.2.1    2 years ago
Former President   Donald Trump   on Thursday filed what might be best described as an archlawsuit of grievances against myriad actors associated with the Democratic Party, the FBI, and Russiagate.

The named defendants in the 108-page civil lawsuit include, but are not limited to,   Hillary Clinton , the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Party law firm Perkins Coie, that firm’s former partner   Michael Sussmann , Rep.   Debbie Wasserman Schultz , Fusion GPS,   Christopher Steele , former FBI Director   James Comey , former FBI agent   Peter Strzok , former FBI attorneys   Lisa Page   and   Kevin Clinesmith , and former deputy FBI director   Andrew McCabe . Also sued are several “John Does” and unknown corporations.

“This isn’t a serious lawsuit,”   tweeted   former federal prosecutor and legal commentator  Renato Mariotti , offering a prediction: “It won’t survive a motion to dismiss and is receiving far more attention than it deserves.”

The lawsuit was filed on Trump’s behalf by attorneys from the Ticktin Law Group in Deerfield Beach, Fla.  Matthew Gertz , of the liberal/progressive media think tank Media Matters for America,   immediately noted   that the firm’s   website was registered   under the URL LegalBrains.com. That website has since been taken down from the web, but   cached   and   archived   versions of it exist. The lead attorney on the case,   Peter Ticktin ,   wrote a book   in support of Trump.

Ticktin was suspended from practicing law in 2009,   according to a Florida Supreme Court case .

In that   case , the supreme court   said   Ticktin committed “egregious” and “serious violations” when he represented a client who the court said “was ultimately arrested and convicted of defrauding investors out of $20 million.” He is currently in good standing and has no record of discipline for the last 10 years,   Florida bar records show .

Another one of the attorneys on the case,   Alina Habba , once   complained   that Facebook deactivated the account of   Siggy Flicker  after the Trump supporting   former star   on the reality television series   Real Housewives of New Jersey  wished   Melania Trump   a happy birthday. Habba also   sued  niece   Mary L. Trump   on behalf of Donald Trump and has been associated with his   case involving   E. Jean Carroll . Habba has also threatened to sue the Pulitzer Prize Board unless they  retracted awards   for the Russiagate reporting of the  New York Times   the   Washington Post

Trump Files RICO Lawsuit Against Hillary Clinton - Corruption Buzz

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

Funny stuff right here LMAO. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    2 years ago

I'll be sure to keep it updated.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

Please do.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

Donald Trump sues _______.

File this with dog bites man.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    2 years ago

That's really clever /S

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

You do remember, I'm sure, that Donald won the Presidency in 2016.

No standing.

another jerk off law suit

cheered on by his supporters?

And you want this pouting man child to be POTUS again?

Good Grief Charlie Brown !

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    2 years ago
You do remember, I'm sure, that Donald won the Presidency in 2016.

Vividly.

I think I told this story before. I had a close friend who agreed with me on all things except politics. The day of the election she said "I guess I won't be calling you tomorrow, you'll probably be in a bad mood."   Late that night as soon as it became clear that Trump had a very good chance of winning the election and it was Clinton that had to win all the remaining states, I gave her a call. I said "what do you think now?"   She said "it isn't over yet!"    Lol....I never let her forget that.

I had another friend. He retired and lives in a gated community in Florida. He actually wore the red hat. He called to tell me that the day after the election he walked out to one of the swimming pools and a guy and his wife were sitting by the pool. The woman looked devastated. The guy said to his wife "Adah, I told you this could happen."   My buddy yelled over to him "Hey Sid, I want to invite you over for the inauguration ceremony."

Of course, my favorite memory will always be when Martha Raddatz with tears announced Trump the winner.

th?id=OIP.MI2uQqwP0YUAWon2yGDYlQHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=269&h=179

The day the American people won!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 years ago

Don't care.  I have been disappointed with other elections and other politicians.

None are perfect, none have altered the path of my life or my family's path.

We don't pout, we don't tease each other over this shit because at the end of the day

There's another election around the next bend

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    2 years ago

The Big Loser files another totally meritless lawsuit. It's likely going to be dismissed at the first stages.  He's going to have to reimburse the defense costs, and possibly attorneys' fees, of every defendant.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Gsquared @4    2 years ago
It's likely going to be dismissed at the first stages.

We'll be watching. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

Why?  Is Trump living rent free in your brain 24/7?  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

and we will be watching too...

jrSmiley_72_smiley_image.gif

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Gsquared @4    2 years ago

There's lots of credible evidence that he has a provable case

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2    2 years ago

As William F Buckley might say: a prodigious amount.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Gsquared  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2    2 years ago

There is no evidence of a provable case at all.  It's a total loser.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Gsquared @4.2.2    2 years ago

Thank you counselor.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.4  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2    2 years ago

Please explain what possible evidence Trump could conceivably have to blame Hillary Clinton for the origins of the CIA and FBI Trump Russia Investigations which incidentally began during the Obama Administration in 2014?

Hillary Clinton has not held any public office since January of 2013. The CIA and FBI started investigating Trump and Co for seeking out and establishing their many documented secret relationships with known agents of Russian State Intelligence Services regarding first Trump Tower Moscow and then later Russian election interference against Hillary and the Democratic Party in 2014!

Trump got himself all tied up with Putin's Evil Empire and thus investigated by both ours and every other spy agency in the world without Hillary Clinton having one solitary finger in it...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.1    2 years ago

As Williams F. Buckley did say:  "I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said."

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Gsquared  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.3    2 years ago

You're welcome.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4.2.4    2 years ago
The CIA and FBI started investigating Trump and Co for seeking out and establishing their many documented secret relationships with known agents of Russian State Intelligence Services regarding first Trump Tower Moscow

Still a lie. No matter how many times you repeat it your Goebbels tactics won't work. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.8  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.7    2 years ago

Look it up...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4.2.8    2 years ago

look it up...

This has played out dozens of times. [Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.10  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.9    2 years ago

Why did Trump pardon Manafort and Stone?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4.2.10    2 years ago

You would have to ask Trump.  Although explaining  how those pardons relate to proving the CIA and FBI were investigating "Trump and Co for seeking out and establishing their many documented secret relationships with known agents of Russian State Intelligence Services " should be a hoot.  Go ahead connect those dots. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.2.12  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.1    2 years ago

Buckly also mentioned, "Dexterous eyeballs," once or twice. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.2.13  bbl-1  replied to  JBB @4.2.10    2 years ago

To cover his 'orange arse'.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Gsquared @4    2 years ago
It's likely going to be dismissed at the first stages.

That's what he's counting on.  There's already a go fund me page to fund his lawsuit.  It's his biggest money maker now and he needs fresh go fund me pages to keep his idiots entertained.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.3.1  devangelical  replied to  SteevieGee @4.3    2 years ago

scam of the month club...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.4  bbl-1  replied to  Gsquared @4    2 years ago

Who are the attorneys filing this?  Have they been paid?  Or are they doing this pro bono?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.4.1  Gsquared  replied to  bbl-1 @4.4    2 years ago

It's my understanding that the attorney who filed this lawsuit is a friend of Trump's from their school days together at New York Military Academy.   The attorney fee is probably on a contingency basis, but, since it's a loser, the attorney will, in essence, be working pro bono.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.4.2  JBB  replied to  Gsquared @4.4.1    2 years ago

Then Trump is in big trouble because not only is his lawsuit caca but both Clintons are brilliant lawyers and they will have all the best lawyers...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.4.3  Gsquared  replied to  JBB @4.4.2    2 years ago

The lead attorney's name, Trump's friend, is Peter Ticktin.  He has at least two instances of discipline by the Florida state licensing authority.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.4.4  Split Personality  replied to  Gsquared @4.4.1    2 years ago

Again

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    2 years ago

Too bad Don Jr and Rudy Giuliani already admitted that beginning in 2014 and continuing right up to election day in 2016 Trump was constantly in secret negotiations with known clandestine agents of Russian State Intelligence Services to build Trump Tower Moscow even offering Vlad Putin a deluxe luxury penthouse as a bribe to clinch the deal...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5    2 years ago
ani already admitted that beginning in 2014 and continuing right up to election day in 2016 Trump was constantly in secret negotiations with known clandestine agents of Russian State Intelligence Services

Lie.  

You are slowly improving. It only took about 15 posts for you to stop claiming it was a half a billion dollar penthouse. How many more tries before you get the story right? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1    2 years ago

It's all moot at this point anyway, and I think he knows it. [deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.2  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1    2 years ago

Because poperty values are diving in Moscow...

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.3  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.1    2 years ago

What is moot? Did Trump's suit get throw out?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @5.1.3    2 years ago

Your own implied claim is moot. He wasn't in negotiations with Russia at the time of your article. 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.5  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.4    2 years ago

I don't think you know what most really means.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.1.2    2 years ago
Because poperty values are diving in Moscow.

Lol.. Try again. Let's see you prove Trump planned to build a half billion dollar penthouse in Moscow at any point. Do you know how stupid that claim is on multiple levels? 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.7  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.6    2 years ago

Trump thinking his clandestine dealings with Russian State Intelligence Services would not be investigated by the CIA was really dumb...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.1.7    2 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.9  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.8    2 years ago

Dumb is Trump blaming Hillary Clinton for CIA and FBI investigations into Trump's Russian ties which began long after Hillary left Obama's administration. I guess Trump could sue Obama, butt he still got himself investigated for his secret dealings with Russian spies...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.1.9    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5    2 years ago

First you lead a link

And then you need to show us how a businessman trying to build a hotel has anything to do with collusion with Russia.

That's two things.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    2 years ago
And then you need to show us how a businessman trying to build a hotel has anything to do with collusion with Russia.

President-elect Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday that he has “NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!”

Ask yourself, why a business man would lie about trying to build a hotel if there was nothing illegal about it.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.1    2 years ago
why a business man would lie about trying to build a hotel if there was nothing illegal about it.

Do you imagine political candidates only lie to cover up illegal activities? Have you heard of Joe Biden? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.1    2 years ago

Ask yourself why wild bears shit in the woods.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.1    2 years ago

Ask yourself why the PotUS elect would still be involved with Russia when he knew it was a no no. Your article is from January 11, 2017 long after the election and just a few days short of the inauguration and the Russia, Russia, Russia crowd was STILL trying to tie him to something nefarious.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.5  Snuffy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.4    2 years ago

Wait...   #5 starts with the complaint that up to the election,  Trump and the Trump Company were in negotiations with Russa to build Trump Tower Moscow.

And when he tries to defend himself, he provides an article from after the election was over, where Trump states he's not negotiating with Russa now.  

This is kind of funny...   Would love to hear an answer about why he thinks it's wrong to be trying to do a business deal with Russa before the elections, and why an article from after the election showing that he's no longer trying to do a business deal is a bad thing...   I don't quite follow that logic but I do enjoy the humor in it.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.6  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    2 years ago

Any American, famous business person or not, who goes out of their way to seek out and to communicate with and to meet with and to establish ties with known clandestine agents of Russian State Intelligence Services always gets investigated by our CIA and our FBI and Interpol and probably every other spying agency in the whole damb world. So, Trump is entirely to blame for getting his own fat ass investigated.

He had it coming. He only has himself to blame!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.4    2 years ago
Ask yourself

Wow, 3 immediate responses from right wingers, and all 3 refused to respond to the question posed.

1 went directly to Biden, even though he had nothing to do with it. 

Another simply spouted shit...literally. 

And the other deflected to the date of the article, despite the fact that the article facts were accurate.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.2.6    2 years ago
who goes out of their way to seek out and to communicate with and to meet with and to establish ties with known clandestine agents of Russian State Intelligence S

That sounds bad. Who did that? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.9  bugsy  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.7    2 years ago
nd all 3 refused to respond to the question posed

Maybe because the question posed was bullshit and easily debunked?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.3    2 years ago
Ask yourself why wild bears shit in the woods.

Because they R not in the Zoo ? Are Zoo bears domesticated house bears ? Hey Vic, ever ask yourself why Polar Bears don't shit inn the woods either...? Did Goldie Lox domesticate tres bare bears without hairs cause she wasn't feeling warm & fuzzy, or was it, one of those rare hairless Brazzilllian bears, that they say, barely care about naked chested and bare backed whorse back riding wrestlers of the consciousness and mind, that Putin did Put In it, as inn, Trumpps' Phat assed Behind the desk, where he paid Putin under the table, via skills of which Trump was quite proud, and Able, cause it has been quite clearly stated and documented, that trump's Moscow Tower WAS something Trump completely LIED about, and he Lied about so much, you 'righties' just can no longer eveen keep track,  of all of them. TRUMP is, was, and will  ALWAYS BE

The LIAR in THIEF in CHIEF to me, cause he is, was, and will always BE

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @5.2.5    2 years ago
Would love to hear an answer about why he thinks it's wrong to be trying to do a business deal with Russa before the elections,

Michael Cohen plead GUILTY to lying about Trump's dealings with Russia. Originally Cohen denied that he knew about Trump's wish to have a Moscow Trump tower built.  

JUST A LITTLE over two hours separated President Trump angrily tweeting “Did you ever see an investigation more in search of a crime?” and special counsel Robert Mueller announcing his latest evidence of new crimes Thursday morning. Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about the status of the real estate developer’s hotel deal in Moscow.

The new guilty plea firmly—and dramatically—shifts the narrative and timeline of the Russia investigation , establishing that while pursuing the White House, Donald Trump was also pursuing personal business deals with a foreign adversary that, according to Mueller’s earlier indictments, engaged in a multifaceted, complex, expensive, and long-running criminal conspiracy to help deliver Trump to the presidency. Trump denied Cohen's assertions Thursday morning, calling his former lawyer a "weak person."

The guilty plea—which, like every step of the Mueller investigation took even close watchers by surprise with its timing and rich level of detail—draws a direct connection between Donald Trump’s business deals and Russian president Vladimir Putin. You can read it in its entirety below.

Mueller’s office lays out how, in January 2016, Cohen contacted Putin’s longtime adviser and press secretary Dmitry Peskov, identified in court documents as “Russian Official 1,” for help with what the court filing calls the “Moscow Project.”

Trump lied about it too, all during the 2016 campaign he said he had no business with Russia. He lied because he knew that if the public believed he was dealing with Russia it would hurt him with the voters. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.12  Ozzwald  replied to  bugsy @5.2.9    2 years ago
Maybe because the question posed was bullshit and easily debunked?

Nothing to debunk, Trump is on record for trying to build a hotel in Russia during and after his campaign.

And if the question was bullshit, why did they feel the need to respond so quickly, or even at all?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @5.2.6    2 years ago
Any American, famous business person or not, who goes out of their way to seek out and to communicate with and to meet with and to establish ties with known clandestine agents of Russian State Intelligence Services always gets investigated by our CIA and our FBI and Interpol and probably every other spying agency in the whole damb world. 

To quote Sean:

Let's see you prove Trump planned to build a half billion dollar penthouse in Moscow at any point.

And we are STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.7    2 years ago

The answer is, he didn't lie. [Deleted]

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.15  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.11    2 years ago
Michael Cohen plead GUILTY to lying about Trump's dealings with Russia. Originally Cohen denied that he knew about Trump's wish to have a Moscow Trump tower built.  

I don't see anything about Russia in this release from the DOJ on his quilty pleas.  Cohen did talk about Trumps business dealings with Russia but that was to Congress and after he pled guilty to the charges laid out by the DOJ.  It was thought that Cohen was talking to Congress in hopes of a reduced sentence, I don't even know if he was under oath when talking to Congress but he could have been.  If I had been in Congress I surely would have insisted on having him under oath. During this time he did admit to lying to Congressional investigators but I don't believe he was charged / sentenced for any of this.  

Trump lied about it too, all during the 2016 campaign he said he had no business with Russia. He lied because he knew that if the public believed he was dealing with Russia it would hurt him with the voters. 

Yes he did.  From what I can find, all attempts to build Trump Tower Moscow ended after the 2016 election. So no laws were broken.  Yes Trump lied, he lied to the public as part of a political calculation because you are correct, had the truth come out it would have hurt him with voters.  Seems more like politics than a real crime.  Tell me, how is this really any different than other candidates making all sorts of statements and promises that end once they are elected? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.16  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.14    2 years ago
The answer is, he didn't lie.

So when Trump stated that he had no business dealings in Russia, he was telling the truth?

You understand that after being confronted with it, Trump admitted to trying to build in Russia, don't you?  So you have to decide if he was lying earlier or later.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.16    2 years ago

Timing is everything. In January of 2017 he didn't have any current dealings. Do try to keep up and leave the bias glasses in the case. Yes he said he HAD tried but that died after he was elected. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.18  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.17    2 years ago
Timing is everything. In January of 2017 he didn't have any current dealings.

That statement is false.  He has admitted to ongoing dealings with Russia prior to, during, and after his campaign, after he was confronted with the facts.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.18    2 years ago

No doubt but that ended the day after election day. He did have a business to run and all the cards pointed, erroneously, to a Clinton clinch. He couldn't just walk away just because he was campaigning. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.20  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.19    2 years ago
No doubt but that ended the day after election day.

Why do you say shit like that, when you know it is not true?  Negotiations for the Russian Trump hotel continued into the 1st year of his presidency (at least).

He did have a business to run and all the cards pointed, erroneously, to a Clinton clinch.

So he had no faith in his own ability in the election?  Telling.

He couldn't just walk away just because he was campaigning. 

He didn't walk away after the campaign either.  He never transferred control of his businesses to anyone else, yet was STILL negotiating with Russia while employed as POTUS.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.21  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.20    2 years ago
He didn't walk away after the campaign either.  He never transferred control of his businesses to anyone else, yet was STILL negotiating with Russia while employed as POTUS.

wasnt this where he was REQUIRED to blind trust or something to avoid conflx of XXX Russian moves or something...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.22  Ozzwald  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.21    2 years ago
wasnt this where he was REQUIRED to blind trust or something to avoid conflx of XXX Russian moves or something..

Not required, although every other POTUS in history has done so.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.23  bugsy  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.12    2 years ago
during and after his campaign.

Show us the proof that he said he was still pursuing a hotel AFTER the election.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.24  JBB  replied to  bugsy @5.2.23    2 years ago

How Pedantic! Since we are talking about the origins of the CIA and FBI Trump Russia Investigations that began at least by 2014 and continued past election day, what does it matter when they ended? We do know they continued past the election day because Obama talked about it and Trump was squalking about it between the election and Trump's inauguration. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.25  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.2.24    2 years ago
! Since we are talking about the origins of the CIA and FBI Trump Russia Investigations that began at least by 2014 a

[Deleted]

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.26  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bugsy @5.2.23    2 years ago

Did Trump LIE about having ANY dealings with Russia or not ?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.27  bugsy  replied to  JBB @5.2.24    2 years ago
Since we are talking about the origins of the CIA and FBI Trump Russia Investigations that began at least by 2014 and continued past election day, what does it matter when they ended? We do know they continued past the election day because Obama talked about it and Trump was squalking about it between the election and Trump's inauguration.

So you can't show the proof.

Just say (OK I was wrong)

It would be that easy.

Dragging on the untruth makes it far more difficult to be looked at as credible.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.28  bugsy  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.26    2 years ago

Did Trump LIE about having ANY dealings with Russia or not ?

He never said he didn't. He only said that he no longer had a deal AFTER the election.

Now, JBB  has never been able to prove it, but maybe you can prove that his dealings continued AFTER the 2016 election.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.29  Sean Treacy  replied to  bugsy @5.2.23    2 years ago
ow us the proof that he said he was still pursuing a hotel AFTER the election.

It's amazing. If Trump is the worst person in the world, why do they have to lie so constantly  about him. You would think they could construct an argument based in reality. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.30  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bugsy @5.2.28    2 years ago
He never said he didn't.

He never said what again :?

"Since early 2017, President Donald Trump has dramatically moved the goalposts about his dealings with Russia, shifting from “ I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA — NO DEALS ” all the way to acknowledging on Thursday that his company was in fact trying to build a project in Moscow during the campaign but claiming “ everybody knew about it .”

Trump’s position has changed as more information has emerged about the contacts both his campaign and companies had with Russians during 2015 and 2016. On Thursday, Trump’s longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen,   agreed to a plea deal   with special counsel Robert Mueller that acknowledges he made false statements to Congress about the Trump Organization’s dealings with Russia."

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.31  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bugsy @5.2.28    2 years ago
He never said he didn't. He only said that he no longer had a deal AFTER the election.

July 26, 2016:  "I mean, I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia,

July 26, 2016:  "For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia,"

Oct. 6, 2016:   During the second presidential debate , Hillary Clinton says Russia is trying to help elect Trump, "maybe because he wants to do business in Moscow." Trump calls this assessment "so ridiculous," adding, "I know nothing about Russia ... I don't deal there."

Oct. 24, 2016:  "I have nothing to do with Russia folks, I'll give you a written statement,"

All that was BEFORE the election, so once again, you're wrong.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.32  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.2.24    2 years ago
nce we are talking about the origins of the CIA and FBI Trump Russia Investigations that began at least by 2014 and continued past election day

This is  a lie. 

We do know they continued past the election day because Obama talked about it and Trump was squalking about it between the election and Trump's inauguration. 

This is a lie.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Trump sues everyone and everyone sues him. It is the story of his life. Comey, McCabe and Strzok should sue trump for slander but they probably have too much decency. 

This is just a way for the moron to keep his name in the news. 

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @6    2 years ago

Good point. He learned everything from Roy Cohn.

THE WORST MAN IN THE WORLD 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
7  Steve Ott    2 years ago

From the source article:

"Trump's allegations in the lawsuit are undermined by a 966-page report issued by a Republican-led U.S. Senate committee in August 2020. That report concluded that Russia used Republican political operative Paul Manafort and the WikiLeaks website to try to help Trump win the 2016 election."

Even Durham's investigation has found precious little after 3 years. I suspect this will be another loser, but you never know.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1  devangelical  replied to  Steve Ott @7    2 years ago
a Republican-led U.S. Senate committee in August 2020

...uh, ...er, ...oops.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Steve Ott  replied to  devangelical @7.1    2 years ago

This is the phrase that somehow didn't get copied over above:

Trump's allegations in the lawsuit are undermined by a

Just trying to help by filling in the blanks.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Steve Ott @7    2 years ago
"Trump's allegations in the lawsuit are undermined by a 966-page report issued by a Republican-led U.S. Senate committee

They're not just undermined, they're completely obliterated. The Republican Senate investigation details the many clear and warranted reasons why the Trump campaign was investigated and not only that, it never actually clears Trump of wrongdoing. It, like the Mueller report, identified multiple accounts of obstruction of justice.

" Far from “clearing” or “exonerating” the Trump campaign for misconduct, Mueller found numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign, but insufficient evidence “ to charge a broader conspiracy ” with Russian efforts to influence the election. "

"the Mueller report states that in light of these “identified gaps,” in the evidence , “the Office cannot rule out the possibility that the unavailable information would shed additional light on (or cast in a new light) the events described in the report.” That is,  the obstruction may have worked ."

" Mueller found “substantial evidence” to support multiple counts of obstruction of justice , including 10 episodes involving President Donald Trump interfering with the investigation."

The only thing that wasn't proven was any "criminal conspiracy" between Trump and Putin which of course became the new low bar of Presidential conduct for right wing conservatives who apparently have their heads shoved up Trumps ass and thus rely on keeping their dear Leader happy so he doesn't tense up and cut off their oxygen supply. Apparently to Trump sycophants their leaders don't have to have morals, scruples or ethics of any kind, they can coordinate with a wink and a nudge with enemy authoritarian governments, send them sensitive voter data, welcome their illegal hacking of American email accounts and promote and retweet their media propaganda aid during elections with zero repercussions as long as no one has empirical video evidence of criminal conspiracy.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    2 years ago

Trump's allegations must not, for every reason, be seated in a court of law.  The dirty money factors alone will land him in 'The Tombs' as he awaits trial. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9  Gsquared    2 years ago

This is a link to the lawsuit: 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    2 years ago

This is not a serious lawsuit, its a publicity stunt.

www.msn.com   /en-us/news/politics/trump-sues-everyone-who-ever-offended-him-over-2016-election/ar-AAVsy8Y

Trump Sues Everyone Who Ever Offended Him Over 2016 Election

4-4 minutes   Invalid Date

F ormer President Donald Trump was the true victim of the 2016 election, Trump argued in a federal lawsuit filed against Hillary Clinton, the DNC, Christopher Steele, several former federal officials, private citizens, corporations, and others.

The suit, filed in federal court in Miami, accuses Clinton and others of committing a RICO conspiracy, an allegation used to prosecute the mafia, when they said that Trump colluded with the Russian government in 2016.

“In short, the Defendants, blinded by political ambition, orchestrated a malicious conspiracy to disseminate patently false and injurious information about Donald J. Trump and his campaign, all in the hopes of destroying his life, his political career and rigging the 2016 Presidential Election in favor of Hillary Clinton,” the lawsuit reads. “When their gambit failed, and Donald J. Trump was elected, the Defendants’ efforts continued unabated, merely shifting their focus to undermining his presidential administration.”

Trump does not ask for any specific relief in the 108-page complaint, only that a jury hear the trial. The lawsuit reads like an appendage of John Durham’s investigation, laying out the narrative advanced by the special prosecutor with some dramatic additions and typically Trumpian flourishes.

It names as defendants all of the people who have been on the receiving end of Durham’s indictments, including former Perkins Coie attorney Michael Sussmann, FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith, and researcher Igor Danchenko.

“The full extent of the Defendants’ wrongdoing has been steadily and gradually exposed by Special Counsel John Durham, who has been heading a DOJ investigation into the origins of the Trump-Russia conspiracy,” the lawsuit reads.

Trump is being represented by Alina Habba, a Bedminster, New Jersey attorney who has acted for him in litigation in New York State. Ticktin Law Group, available for consultations at legalbrains.com, is also listed as filing the complaint.

At the core of Trump’s claim is the idea that Clinton ordered others to spread lies about him regarding Russia and the 2016 election. With Clinton at its head, the argument goes, a vast conspiracy to deprive Trump kicked into action, featuring people and entities that have populated Trump’s rhetoric since before he won in 2016 and, subsequently, right-wing media.

They include Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm that the lawsuit accuses of creating “false and/or misleading dossiers” to damage Trump’s chances in the election.

Jim Comey, the former FBI director, makes the cut to be a defendant, as do FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. The DNC and its 2016 chief, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, also show up as defendants.

Once Trump won, the lawsuit says, Clinton sought revenge via a conspiracy to commit malicious prosecution against the newly elected president. Trump says in the suit that he has been forced to pay at least $24 million in legal fees related to allegations that he colluded with Russia in the 2016 campaign.

“When their gambit failed, and Donald J. Trump was elected, the Defendants’ efforts continued unabated, merely shifting their focus to undermining his presidential administration,” the lawsuit reads.

Read the lawsuit here:

Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @10    2 years ago

It just occurred to me that this lawsuit has some echoes of Trump's big lie about the 2020 election. Believe every crackpot thing you've ever heard and throw the kitchen sink at your opponents. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    2 years ago

what are they going to do with the sink ? can't any lower, can't dish it out, cant take it when to they dished and spoon fed, and they B leave bout EVERY FCKN LIE TRUMP , anmd ENOUGH ALREADy, Said....

MrFrost
Professor Guide
11  MrFrost    2 years ago

Weird, half the GOP said Clinton loves Putin, the other half said she would start WWIII with Putin... Neither is true, of course.