╌>

Autistic boy's wish for Christmas cards comes true

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  3 comments

Kamcards661.jpg

Kam Humphrey's wish for Christmas cards has come true with the help of strangers. (MyFoxAtlanta.com)

The mother of a young Georgia boy recently diagnosed with autism was surprised to hear how simple his Christmas wish was this year and even more blown away by the publics response to help make it happen.

Kam Humphreys, 6, told his mom all that was on his list this year was 100 Christmas cards.

Cards? You want cards? Nikki Humphreys, Kams mom told MyFoxAtlanta.com. Because Im thinking video games, toys, Im thinking, you know, a 6-year-old, she said.

Humphreys posted her sons request for cards on Team Kams Autism Awareness Facebook page, where C. Mos Kids saw the post. The organization helps special needs children participate in outdoor activities.

When we saw Nikkis post about all he wanted for Christmas was cards, it kind of, you know, tugged at our hearts, Marriane Wood, of C. Mos Kids, told MyFoxAtlanta.com. C. Mos Kids then shared his wish on its Facebook page as well.

Kams goal was met in just a few days, but the number of cards being delivered hasnt slowed. Humphreys told the news station there were so many at one point that the mailboxs door was knocked off.

Each day, Nikki and Kam sit and read each card, and add it to the card tree thats growing on their wall.

Did I ever think it would reach this? No, but it did, she said.

The outpouring generosity is helping make the season bright for the mother-son duo, and helping to restore their faith in the kindness of strangers.

In public, if he has a meltdown, people think its a temper tantrum. I get comments, I get stares and kids laugh at him, Humphreys said of her son.

Its our life. its not normal; its difficult. But I wouldnt trade it for nothing, she told MyFoxAtlanta.com.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

Merry Christmas Kam!!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

Merry Christmas Kam...

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

Look at that impish look in his eyes...what a cutie!!