╌>

Marjorie Taylor Greene Rips Catholic Church Over Migrants

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  9 comments

By:   Alex Griffing (Mediaite)

Marjorie Taylor Greene Rips Catholic Church Over Migrants
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) tore into the Catholic Church in a recent interview with right-wing activist Michael Voris of Church Militant

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) tore into the Catholic Church in a recent interview with right-wing activist Michael Voris of Church Militant. In the wild interview, flagged online by Right Wing Watch, Greene charges "Satan's controlling the church."

In a clip from the interview, Voris charges that U.S. Bishops "taken enormous sums of money from the federal government, federal taxpayers to assist in illegal immigration, some refugee resettlement also" to "essentially skirt around U.S. immigration laws."

"I thought we had a separation of church and state," Greene said in response.

"What it is, is Satan's controlling the church," Greene continued. Greene's campaign website doesn't list specifically what denomination of Christian is, but notes her "strong Christian faith."

The controversial Georgia congresswoman continued, in a long screed against the Church:

The church is not doing its job, and it's not adhering to the teachings of Christ, and it's not adhering to what the word of God says we're supposed to do and how we're supposed to live.
We are supposed to love one another, but their definition of what love one another means, means destroying our laws. It means completely perverting what our Constitution says. It means taking unreal advantage of the American taxpayer. And it means pushing a globalist policy on the American people and forcing America to become something that we are not supposed to be.

Catholic League president Bill Donohue released a statement on Wednesday regarding Greene's interview.

"Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene gave an interview on April 21 to Michael Voris, the head of Church Militant, wherein they discussed the role of Catholic Charities assisting illegal aliens," the statement sent to Mediaite read. "She had plenty of opportunities to make rational criticisms of the agency, but instead she slandered the entire Catholic Church."

"Satan is controlling the Catholic Church? She needs to apologize to Catholics immediately. She is a disgrace," Donohue insisted and added, "We are contacting House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy about this matter. He's got a loose cannon on his hands."

In another section of the interview, Greene called for cutting U.S. foreign aid to the countries that migrants to the U.S. originate from:

We should hold those countries accountable. 'Oh, I'm sorry, Guatemala, you're not getting a check this year because you've sent X number of thousands and tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands and millions of people to illegally invade our country as if they're an army. They may not have guns, but they're the numbers of a regiment of an army. We won't be able to send you your foreign aid until you bring your people back.'

"The bishops of Catholic relief charities and services, they should be all in support of that," Greene went on to say.

"If the bishops were reading the Bible and truly preaching the word of God to their flock and not covering up child sex abuse and pedophilia, loving one another would have the true meaning and not the perversion and the twisted lie that they're making it to be," she concluded.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

The thing that jumped out at me is that Bill Donohue, the extremely conservative head of the conservative Catholic League, blasted the unhinged maniac MTG. 

The Catholic Church has always supported underdog and marginalized populations .

As for the CC being "controlled by Satan", that is for God to decide, not Marjorie Taylor Greene. Objectively, I think there is much more evidence that if anyone is controlled by Satan, it is people like her. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

I agree. Hopefully she'll be voted out.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    2 years ago

Well, apparently, she’s not counting on the Catholic vote.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.1    2 years ago

She probably belongs to one of those "non-denominational" churches where the preachers rant about gays, transgenders, Jews, and Catholics. I live in the south and some of the crap that I've heard from people about Catholics makes me to punch them in the throat

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    2 years ago

It’s not really the responsibility of the church to enforce immigration law.

It is their responsibility to help people in need wherever they’re at in life, without regard for how they might have come to be in need of help. 

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in - Matthew 25:35

Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers. - Romans 12:13

Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore, love is the fulfilling of the law. - Romans 13:10

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it. - Hebrews 13:2

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1  arkpdx  replied to  Tacos! @2    2 years ago
It’s not really the responsibility of the church to enforce immigration law.

Apparently the Biden administration does not think it is  the federal government's job either. 

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
3  Duck Hawk    2 years ago

Let's see, she's anti-Jewish, anti-minority and anti-Catholic.... Is there a women's auxiliary to the KKK?

She adheres to some of their basic ideals. jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Duck Hawk @3    2 years ago

Jimmy Kimmel calls her Klan Mom

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago

279322116_5651222951555996_4147520429943156716_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=XCcnp7Gbz48AX8GQ3F_&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT9GIyv5f7cwIHM1kxZUYTMa8DwOAWFxU6-AuOuaNLNdBg&oe=626EBBC6