╌>

Jill Biden talks frustrations at DNC fundraiser: I had to be 'the first lady of the moment' | The Hill

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  6 comments

By:   Caroline Vakil (The Hill)

Jill Biden talks frustrations at DNC fundraiser: I had to be 'the first lady of the moment' | The Hill
First lady Jill Biden spoke at a private Democratic National Committee (DNC) fundraiser on Saturday, discussing some of the challenges and frustrations she and husband, President Biden, have faced as the administration has sought to address a range of issues. She said the president has had to grapple with a range of issues, hindering his…

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

by Caroline Vakil - 07/16/22 10:07 PM ET

First lady Jill Biden spoke at a private Democratic National Committee (DNC) fundraiser on Saturday, discussing some of the challenges and frustrations she and husband, President Biden, have faced as the administration has sought to address a range of issues.

She said the president has had to grapple with a range of issues, hindering his ability to focus on other plans and goals, according to CNN.

"He's just had so many things thrown his way," Jill Biden said while in Nantucket, Mass., the network reported. "Who would have ever thought about what happened [with the Supreme Court overturning] Roe v. Wade? Well, maybe we saw it coming, but still we didn't believe it. The gun violence in this country is absolutely appalling. We didn't see the war in Ukraine coming."

"[President Biden] had so many hopes and plans for things he wanted to do, but every time you turned around, he had to address the problems of the moment," she added, CNN reported.

The president has seen his approval rating decrease and has been caught up in an abundance of domestic and international issues since he took office. Those issues include backlash against the military evacuation from Afghanistan, persistently high inflation and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. He also has faced infighting among his party that has, at times, hindered the ability to pass legislation on topics that are a priority for him.

Recent polling has also revealed that voters, including Democrats, are not enthusiastic about a 2024 Biden presidential bid, even though the White House has maintained that he will be running in the next election cycle.

That polling has complicated an already challenging midterm environment for Democrats, who are bracing for losses in November. But Jill Biden sounded undeterred while speaking at the DNC fundraiser about a pessimistic outcome in the midterms.

"I know there are so many naysayers who say we'll get slammed in the midterms. OK. The Republicans are working hard. They stick together, for good or evil. So we just have to work harder," she said, according to CNN.

Still, Jill Biden revealed that she too had experienced her own challenges as first lady.

"I was saying to myself, 'OK, I was second lady. I worked on community colleges. I worked on military families. I've worked on cancer.' They were supposed to be my areas of focus. But then when we got [in the White House] I had to be, with all that was happening, the first lady of the moment," Jill Biden said, CNN reported.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago
"[President Biden] had so many hopes and plans for things he wanted to do, but every time you turned around, he had to address the problems of the moment," she added, CNN reported. But then when we got [in the White House] I had to be, with all that was happening, the first lady of the moment," Jill Biden said, CNN reported.

Oh, my.

The poor, poor Bidens.

Imagine that, a President having to deal with issues.

Just like every single President and First Lady.

Maybe she needs more breakfast tacos?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

We called it didn't we? The media lied for this son of a bitch and now that it's obvious that he was never capable of being president, democrats want to ditch him and his idiot vp before the next presidential election.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    2 years ago

Looks like the First Lady is as good as Joe at making excuses for his poor performance.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    2 years ago

Don't forget he stutters and he will sometimes offer his hand to someone 30 miles away.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    2 years ago

I just hate that they try to act as if his Presidency is somehow unique and more challenging than other Presidencies.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    2 years ago

Her problem isn’t the moment.    Her problem is the guy she is married to.     But she knows that ..... even if she won’t admit it.