╌>

Demings up by 4 points in challenge to Rubio: poll | The Hill

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  28 comments

By:   Caroline Vakil (The Hill)

Demings up by 4 points in challenge to Rubio: poll | The Hill
Rep. Val Demings (D) leads Sen. Marco Rubio (R) by 4 percentage points in Florida's Senate race, according to a poll released Tuesday. The poll, released by the University of North Florida's Public Opinion Research Lab, shows Demings with the support of 48 percent of surveyed registered voters who said they would vote in the…

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

by Caroline Vakil - 08/16/22 12:00 PM ET

Rep. Val Demings (D) leads Sen. Marco Rubio (R) by 4 percentage points in Florida's Senate race, according to a poll released Tuesday.

The poll, released by the University of North Florida's Public Opinion Research Lab, shows Demings with the support of 48 percent of surveyed registered voters who said they would vote in the midterms.

Rubio, in comparison, received 44 percent support, while 7 percent said they would choose someone else.

Broken down by party, 89 percent of Republican voters supported Rubio, in addition to 36 percent of voters who either had no party affiliation or whose political affiliation was termed "other." The poll found that Demings was supported by 94 percent of Democratic voters and 46 percent of voters with no party affiliation.

Florida's Senate race is considered one of the most competitive this November and has been rated as "lean Republican" by the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.

Demings was among a slew of Senate Democratic challengers who posted impressive fundraising numbers in the past quarter. Demings's campaign posted more than $12 million for the second quarter while the Florida Republican's campaign raised more than $4 million, according to Florida Politics.

The poll was conducted Aug. 8-12 with a total sample of 1,624 registered voters, with an overall margin of error of 3.4 percentage points. The number of voters polled on the Florida Senate race was 1,534.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

Florida voters are sick of Barco Boobio"s bullshit!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

Really?

If anyone thinks that Rep Val Demings can beat Sen Marco Rubio, please let me know right away.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    2 years ago

This poll of Florida voters is letting you know...

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    2 years ago

Why not, Rubio is a mealy mouthed political transvestite ... a once upon a time bright star that has allowed himself to be eclipsed by a rogue ass-teroid.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    2 years ago

Somebody here told me polls are meaningless.

But on that one, I'm willing to make a wager with anyone who cares to.

How about you?

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

I expect the gop to end up losing 3-5 Senate seats!

evilone
Professor Guide
2.2  evilone  replied to  JBB @2    2 years ago

Here is a snapshot of where things stand today according to FiveThirtyEight.

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @2.2    2 years ago

The Republicans are in a bad position as far as the Senate goes this time around because they have to defend more seats.

However, FiveThirtyEight seems to have forgotten something:  This will be a wave election, despite what the lying leftist media tells us.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.2.2  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    2 years ago
This will be a wave election, despite what the lying leftist media tells us.

I remember "Trump in a landslide" 2 years ago too. The Republicans put their foot in it when they riled up Democrats with an overturn of Roe. The economy isn't as bleak as Republicans would like it to be either.  Last week's MN Special Election was won by 4 points in a district Trump took by 15 points. Democrats are charged and voting in more areas than most would give them credit for. I'll continue to watch the numbers (not follow the partisans) and wait for the results. There are still many weeks to go and any number of things could happen to any number of races. I'm not calling anything one way or another until mid October.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    2 years ago
This will be a wave election

More likely a ripple election.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @2.2.2    2 years ago
I remember "Trump in a landslide" 2 years ago too.

Do you remember the guy who bet me that Trump wouldn't finish his term?

That was a 2 month self imposed suspension.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.2.5  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.4    2 years ago
Do you remember the guy who bet me that Trump wouldn't finish his term?

No, as I said I don't follow partisans nor care what you all do. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @2.2.5    2 years ago

Lol

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.2.3    2 years ago

A great red wave, that will wash away all the dirt & filth.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.7    2 years ago

That's what 2020 'blue wave' Democrats said. It's quite hysterical how the right is now aping the left ... don't forget to defund the fbi along the way.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @2.2.8    2 years ago
That's what 2020 'blue wave' Democrats said.

And sadly, Democrats 'led' like they had received a huge mandate, as they are wont to do every time they take the majority, no matter how miniscule.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.10  Ronin2  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.9    2 years ago

In truth both parties act like they have a mandate when they win. Doesn't matter the numbers involved.

I remember reading many articles where Democrats railed against Republicans for cramming bills through using reconciliation with slim majorities. 

Every power transition the situation gets worse- and the party in power abuses the system more.

Democrats should be scared shitless if Republicans retake the House (if they get the Senate as well Democrats will be literally be running for the exits). The tactics the Democrats have used for the past 6 years have been nothing short of unprecedented. I am sure the Republicans will be more than willing to outdo them in every way possible. Biden, everyone in his administration, Garland, and hard left rioters that have been untouched while the Jan 6th search, seize, and charge frenzy has gone on will all be targeted. Not to mention the FBI and DOJ; which has become an arm of the Democrat Party.

It will be funny to watch the Establishment literally eat itself- hopefully to death. Our two party system is completely broken. Time for it to end. Unfortunately with how much power the Democrats are showing at the Federal level in all areas we will probably end up with one party rule. China in the USA. Yippee.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

How are Oz, JD Vance and Hershel Walker doin?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3    2 years ago

They're not bringing us their best!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3    2 years ago

In primary voting?

What do they have to do with Rubio?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @3    2 years ago

the most recent poll has warnock losing.  

im surprised you didn’t seen an article about it..

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3    2 years ago

And the only reason he got in is because GA Republicans didn't go out and vote.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.3.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.3    2 years ago

I cannot find any recent polls showing Walker to be ahead...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.3.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @3.3.2    2 years ago

Why don't you read my post again?

Hallux
Professor Principal
3.3.4  Hallux  replied to  JBB @3.3.2    2 years ago

The 'andoverpoll' is a high school organization.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    2 years ago

It always ends up closer than forecast. Republicans only need to win 1 or 2 seats. Very doable, thanks to Dem overreach  and corruption

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @4    2 years ago

The Democrats only need win the one or two seats they are winning.

What Senate seat held by Democrats is the gop likely to pick up on?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  Texan1211    2 years ago

It's funny that some are so encouraged by this single poll.

I guess when EVERY OTHER POLL has you losing, you take solace where you can dredge it up from.

Which really makes more sense--to bank on ONE single poll, or to take an average of multiple polls?

Me, I'll take the average over a single outlier.