╌>

S.C. Dem Senate Nominee Krystle Matthews: You've Got To Treat White People Like Shit, That's The Only Way They'll Respect You

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  2 years ago  •  28 comments

S.C. Dem Senate Nominee Krystle Matthews: You've Got To Treat White People Like Shit, That's The Only Way They'll Respect You

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Krystle Matthews, the South Carolina Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate, was caught on mic in a Project Veritas video: "My district is slightly Republican, and it's heavily white. I'm no stranger to white people, I'm from a mostly white town. And let me tell you one thing. You oughta know who you're dealing with, like -- you gotta treat them like shit, like I mean that’s the only way they’ll respect you."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

She stands by it, and Democrats will stand by her.

It's not her first time getting caught on tape saying insane  things:

During the call, Matthews suggested illegal activities such as using “dope” money to fund campaigns and having “secret sleepers” steal opponents’ campaign signs in the middle of the night. “Where the f—- are my black people with money? I don’t care about no dope money, give me that dope boy money. S—, where the f—, where’s the duffle bag boys? Get you, find you somebody in your family that doesn’t even know you’re donating to my campaign, and put that s— under their name. Like, what the f—,” Matthews can be heard saying in the call.

The democrats remain the party of open racism. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago

Hey, they are the party of slavery after all ...

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2  Snuffy    2 years ago

IMO much ado about nothing.  This really only proves two things.  1 - racism is still alive and well in this country (and to be honest around the world as well).  2 -  people will say the most outrageous things in what they believe is a private conversation.  When it comes to a politician I would  hope that most people would look at what they do rather than what they say when it comes to judging them fit for office.  That's much more difficult to be sure for new politicians.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
you gotta treat them like shit, like I mean that’s the only way they’ll respect you.

I'll take "Things you say when your a racist" for $100, Alex.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    2 years ago
"... You oughta know who you're dealing with, like -- you gotta treat them like shit, like I mean that’s the only way they’ll respect you."

Someone needs a lesson in politics and a reboot in social skills.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5  Dismayed Patriot    2 years ago

Well, for hundreds of years many if not most white people treated black Americans like shit while demanding respect, so this doesn't seem like much of an oddity.

But clearly from her context she was saying that instead of black Americans treating white people with kid gloves, by being almost subservient as many have had to be simply to 'get along', that standing up for yourself and even throwing some of that shit aka shade back at them is the only way some white people respect them.

I think her statement is more akin to the discussion of how some women are attracted by the "bad boys" that treat them like shit, they want that 'confident machismo' even if to others it clearly looks disrespectful. She's saying that sometimes you have to act like you'd slap them around a little for them to respect you. Of course, I think that's reprehensible in both relationships and politics, but I can certainly understand where she's coming from. As much as I'd not like to believe there are women who are attracted to abusers, they do exist.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5    2 years ago

Surely you're not serious.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5    2 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5    2 years ago
Well, for hundreds of years many if not most white people treated black Americans like shit while demanding respect, so this doesn't seem like much of an oddity.

So you support this racism.  Good to know.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5    2 years ago

Well, for decades now, responsible, thinking adults have known you don't fight racism with racism.

But clearly from her context she was saying that instead of black Americans treating white people with kid gloves, by being almost subservient as many have had to be simply to 'get along', that standing up for yourself and even throwing some of that shit aka shade back at them is the only way some white people respect them

The woman is a full-blown idiot. How can you support that crap?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago
Krystle Matthews, the South Carolina Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate

Telling 65% of the voters that she has to treat them like shit is an interesting way to campaign.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I've never heard of the guy in the video who is commenting on this, but I do have something to say about what he said. 

His bottom line comes at the end of the video when he says words to the effect of, "what if she were white" and talked about keeping blacks "under her thumb" ? We would never hear the end of it"

People with the slightest understanding of racial dynamics will immediately see what is wrong with his analysis. This black lady is running for US Senate. Do you know how many black US Senators there are? Do you know how many black US Senators there have ever been? 

In the history of this country there have only been 11 black US Senators and two of them came in the time period of the post-civil war reconstruction in the South, when the freed black population in some places outnumbered the whites and for a brief few years blacks had equal political rights.  In the entirety of the 20th century , 100 years, there were exactly two black US Senators, Edward Brooke of Massachusetts and Carol Mosely Braun of Illinois. 

There are currently three black US senators, Tim Scott, Cory Booker , and Raphael Warnock. 

I dont know why white commentators and white people in charge have to be so thin skinned, especially when we as a nation have required people of color to be "thick skinned " for literally centuries.

What if a white person had said that?  Who gives a fuck?  There is no complete equality between whites and blacks, thus their statements cannot be judged on an equivalent basis. The person that made the video doesnt understand that. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago
There is no complete equality between whites and blacks, thus their statements cannot be judged on an equivalent basis

Exactly, judge on the basis of skin color, not the content of her character.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1    2 years ago

If we have complete equality in this country, why have there only been nine black US senators in the past  150 years? 

Grow some thicker skin.  

The lady is voicing frustrations .  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    2 years ago
why have there only been nine black US senators in the past  150 years

Qualifications perhaps? WTF does skin color have to do with it FFS

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.2    2 years ago

You're joking, right? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.3    2 years ago

Nope. Got an answer?............or not.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    2 years ago
If we have complete equality in this country, why have there only been nine black US senators in the past  150 years

I've never argued that we  have complete equality in this country, I' stated here that we don't.  BTW, isn't she running to unseat one of those few Black Senators?

Grow some thicker skin

I don't need thick skin to recognize her contemptuous, hate filled attitude. 

The lady is voicing frustrations . 

Lady?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.5    2 years ago
BTW, isn't she running to unseat one of those few Black Senators?

I presume that is because she lives in the same state.  Can she run for senator in your state? 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
7.1.7  afrayedknot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.2    2 years ago

“WTF does skin color have to do with it…”

In South Carolina? Please. Far too many living in the ‘land of Dixie’ still fighting the ‘war between the states’.

Stating the facts may not get her elected, but the courage it takes to state the facts is admirable and necessary to further the discussion. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.4    2 years ago

My answer is that you must be joking. Do you seriously believe there have only been nine black people who were "qualified" to be US senators in the past 150 years? 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.6    2 years ago
Can she run for senator in your state? 

Maybe if Warner or Kaine died.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.8    2 years ago
Do you seriously believe there have only been nine black people who were "qualified" to be US senators in the past 150 years?

That and the fact that not that many WANT the job...........................

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
7.2  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 years ago
There are currently three black US senators, Tim Scott, Cory Booker , and Raphael Warnock.

How many would you like to see in the Senate? 

What if a white person had said that?  Who gives a fuck? 

People who want to eliminate racism to the extent possible, in my opinion.

There is no complete equality between whites and blacks, 

There is no complete equality between anyone, regardless of race. The way a lot of us see it, people with your view only care because you see it as a vehicle to enact social policies you want to impose on society, which isn't necessarily about black people themselves. 

thus their statements cannot be judged on an equivalent basis.

Yes, it can, if you're actually concerned with eliminating racism to the extent possible. In order to do that, focus needs to shift from identity politics, which is just racism under a different name, to one where the individual, and not an identity group, has the same opportunities as anyone else based on their abilities. In other words, everyone should be expected to operate by the same standards as everyone else with the expectation of the same chances of success. Therefore her statements should be judged on an equivalent basis. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Drakkonis @7.2    2 years ago

Or you could live in reality. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Drakkonis @7.2    2 years ago

That was well-said.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  Texan1211    2 years ago

Hopefully voters there won't be fooled into voting for this idiot racist.