╌>

Philadelphia Wawa mob: Police release new footage of ransacking, say 'citizens don't deserve it'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  5 comments

By:   Anders Hagstrom (Fox News)

Philadelphia Wawa mob: Police release new footage of ransacking, say 'citizens don't deserve it'
The Philadelphia Police Department released new footage of a group of roughly 100 teens ransacking a Wawa store. Police say they may face charges of rioting, a felony.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Philadelphia Police Department released new footage of a mob ransacking a Wawa convenience store near the city on Monday.

The footage shows people pouring into the store to loot food, drinks and other items. A separate clip shows people jumping on top of vehicles outside the store. The incident occurred at roughly 8:15 p.m. Saturday and police are looking for about 100 suspects, most of them juveniles.

"I know there are several parents that will look at this and say, 'That's not how I raised my kids,' and that's understandable. But also there is a responsibility to then identify your kids to us," Deputy Police Commissioner John Stanford said in a Monday press conference.

"The bottom line is: we cannot have this type of behavior happening in this city. The business community doesn't deserve that, the citizens don't deserve it," Stanford added.

A group enters a Wawa store to loot it. (Philadelphia Police) (Philadelphia Police)

Officials gather at a Wawa convenience store and gas station Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke) (AP)

Police say they are working with the district attorney's office to determine charges for the suspects. They say one potential charge is rioting, which is a felony.

Wawa released a statement Monday saying they are working with law enforcement to identify suspects.

"We are working closely with law enforcement to support their efforts to bring all of the perpetrators to justice as soon as possible," the statement read. "We remain committed to protecting our associates and customers and ensuring a safe, welcoming environment for each customer, in every Wawa store. Nothing is more important to us."

Viral footage earlier this week showed people throwing food and standing on furniture as the store's employees were helpless to stop the chaos. The aftermath saw trash and products littering the store's floor as throngs of people milled about outside.

Send tips to Anders.Hagstrom@Fox.com, or on Twitter: @Hagstrom_Anders

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Not long ago we could not believe this would happen in America.

Send tips to Anders.Hagstrom@Fox.com, or on Twitter: @Hagstrom_Anders

Oh ya, please do/ S

Let's see a bit more of it:

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Officers dispersed the crowd with zero arrests. 

Fetterman's America.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    2 years ago

Damage was done. Who is paying for the losses? I am sure their insurance will cover some but not all and at what price increase level will it be?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    2 years ago

Remember what the mayor of Baltimore said:

"The mayor made this shocking admission on Sunday,  saying  at a press conference that during her city’s weekend riots, she wanted to “give those who wished to destroy, space to do that.”

As many already know, rioters damaged property and created mayhem in Baltimore the past two days, ostensibly as a reaction to the case of Freddie Gray, a criminal suspect who died April 19 in police custody.

As to Blake’s response, here is her  complete statement :

I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech.

It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy, space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate."

The lesson is clear: Property can be replaced, but not the life of a violent criminal!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    2 years ago
Fetterman's America. 

also known as "Social Justice!"