╌>

Secret Santa in Boston pays off layaway balances at Toys ‘R’ Us

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  1 comments

Secret Santa in Boston pays off layaway balances at Toys ‘R’ Us

Secret Santa in Boston pays off layaway balances at Toys R Us

A wealthy Secret Santa is making the season bright for some cash-strapped Toys "R" Us shoppers in Massachusetts.

An anonymous donor shelled out thousands of dollars to wipe out all layaway balances at two Toys "R" Us stores in Auburn and Framingham, MyFoxBoston.com reported Friday.

The benefactor's gift at the Auburn store alone totaled more than $7,000.

"These families are obviously struggling, and they're putting things on layaway, and I'm able to help them," the gift-giver told the station, declining to give her name.

She identified herself as the founder of Sofias Angels Foundation and said she started the nonprofit in memory of her mother who died of breast cancer.

"I have a baby; it helps a lot," said one shopper who had some toys on layaway. "She's just awesome. I'm gonna cry."

The Sofia's Angels founder said she was not the "layaway angel" who on Wednesday settled 150 layaway accounts at the Toys "R" Us in Bellingham, Mass., with a $20,000 donation.

The Boston Globe said the Toys "R" Us stores quickly notified customers whose layaway accounts had been settled.

A spokeswoman for the chain told the paper she had heard stories of customers so overcome with emotion they broke down in sobs when they received the news.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

That's the Christmas Spirit!!