╌>

A Trump Political Committee Bought $131,000 Worth Of Books. Four Days Later, Jared Kushner's Hit The Best-Seller List

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  2 years ago  •  18 comments

By:   Zach Everson (Forbes)

A Trump Political Committee Bought $131,000 Worth Of Books. Four Days Later, Jared Kushner's Hit The Best-Seller List
One of Donald Trump's political committees spent $158,000 on books just weeks after the release of Jared Kushner's memoir.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

One of Donald Trump's political committees spent $158,000 on books just weeks after the release of Jared Kushner's memoir.

"Breaking History: A White House Memoir" hit book shelves on Aug. 23. Two weeks later, the Save America Joint Fundraising Committee, which raises money for two Trump PACs, paid retailer Books-A-Million $131,000 for "collateral:books," according to a campaign filing made Saturday with the Federal Election Commission.

On Sept. 11, four days after that bulk purchase, Kushner's book appeared for the first time on the New York Times best sellers list.

On Sept. 22, Save America purchased another $27,000 worth of books. "Breaking History" spent five weeks on the best-seller list before falling off.

Spokespeople for Save America did not immediately respond to questions about whether the book purchases covered Kushner's memoir. But it seems likely that it did. Save America Joint Fundraising Committee is currently offering copies of Kusher's book in exchange for donations of $75 or more.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

If there is an honest way to make a point, or a buck, this wildly corrupt family will find a way around it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    2 years ago

I wasn't aware that coloring books could make the best-seller list.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    2 years ago

How braindead do you have to be to care what Jared Kushner thinks about anything? 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    2 years ago
How braindead do you have to be to care what Jared Kushner thinks about anything? 

You just have to be a Trumpette.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
1.2.2  dennissmith  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    2 years ago

Just as braindead to think Hunter Biden's paintings are worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.2.3  afrayedknot  replied to  dennissmith @1.2.2    2 years ago

“…to think Hunter Biden's paintings are worth hundreds of millions of dollars.”

Ah, capitalism…

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @1.2.3    2 years ago
Ah, capitalism…

Exactly, supply and demand, no one should assume cronyism just because the buyers names remain a secret.  They just don't want to become vulnerable to art theft if their names and addresses were exposed.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.2.5  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  dennissmith @1.2.2    2 years ago

Things are only worth the price you can convince someone to buy it for.  I’m pretty sure the percentage of citizens who think Hunter Biden’s art is worth millions is as close as you can get to zero.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
1.2.6  dennissmith  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.2.5    2 years ago

Just another lie by a Biden who expected them to sell for that amount.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  dennissmith @1.2.6    2 years ago

Hmmm....kinda like the MAGA shit that trmp convinces people to buy?

And none of it made in the USA?

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
1.2.8  dennissmith  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.7    2 years ago

What is Trump trying to convince people to buy?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2  cjcold    2 years ago

The epitome of 'vanity press'.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3  Jack_TX    2 years ago

Is $158k really enough to put a book on the best-selling list?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jack_TX @3    2 years ago

So I found this informative article on the subject, written by Tucker Max who is a writer that I was obsessed with back in the day, so I trust his information.  It seems the whole publishing process is very deliberately convoluted.  Now I don’t even understand the seed I posted here, lol.  I found this to be worth the entire read.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1    2 years ago

OK, you're right, that was interesting.

Wow.

It never, ever, occurred to me that the NYT Bestseller list was not what it said it was.

What a strange business.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.1    2 years ago

So in effect, the Trump Team saved at least $42K if not more according to the cheat code,

lol

CMTSU

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

I think certain PACs and other groups will buy numerous copies of a book just so that it gets on the best seller list. Ann Coulter is a fine example of this. Conservative groups would buy large quantities of her book, get her on list and then a year later her books are in the discount bin at Barnes and Noble

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    2 years ago

Yep, an accepted sham in the publishing world.

No doubt about it, see the link in #3.1

SMH