╌>

"Vandals" Shoot 3 NC Substations On Night of Drag Show - Knocking Out Power To Over 40k Residents

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  7 comments

By:   Charlotte Stories

"Vandals" Shoot 3 NC Substations On Night of Drag Show - Knocking Out Power To Over 40k Residents
Just after 7pm last night, several vandals shot up a number of electric substations around Southern Pines, NC (about an 1 1/2 hours east of Charlotte), knocking out the power to over 40,000 residents. An official statement from the Moore County Sherriff's Office reads: "As utility companies began responding to the different substations, evidence was […]

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Charlotte Stories - December 4, 202210313

Just after 7pm last night, several vandals shot up a number of electric substations around Southern Pines, NC (about an 1 1/2 hours east of Charlotte), knocking out the power to over 40,000 residents.

An official statement from the Moore County Sherriff's Office reads: "As utility companies began responding to the different substations, evidence was discovered that indicated that intentional vandalism had occurred at multiple sites."

Several power substations were damaged and taken offline by gunfire knocking out power to 40,000 residents in Moore County, NC. Gun stores were robbed. A drag show was cancelled. A local extremist implied that's why the power was cut.

A thread: https://t.co/vUzdC7mlRCpic.twitter.com/9CXF1EhSWO

— Alejandra Caraballo (@Esqueer_) December 4, 2022

At this time, authorities have not released any official information regarding suspects or motives surrounding the attacks.

The timing and location of the attacks seem to surround a highly controversial "Drag Show" that was scheduled to take place at 7pm at the Sunrise Theater in Downtown Southern Pines, NC.

Here is the location of the Drag Show:

Here is the power outage map from Duke Energy:

power-outage-moore-county-nc.jpg

Early this morning the Moore County Sheriff's Department visited the home of Emily Moore, the director of 'Moore County Citizens for Freedom' group, who posted "The power is out in Moore County and I know why."

Minutes later she also posted a picture of the lights out at the Sunrise Theater with the caption, "God will not be mocked".

About 2 hours later, the police came to her home. She then posted the following message on Facebook:

"The Moore County Sheriff's Office just checked in. I welcomed them to my home.

Sorry they wasted their time. I told them that God works in mysterious ways and is responsible for the outage. I used the opportunity to tell them about the immoral drag show and the blasphemies screamed by its supporters.

God is chastising Moore County. I thanked them for coming and wished them a good night. Thankful for the LEOs service, as always."

Republican State Delegate Sarah Fields also initially posted seeming support of the attack, using the hashtags #ProtectChildren and #ImOKWithIt in reference to the attack (she soon removed the #ImOKWithIT hashtag after making the post):

This person posted a tweet appearing to endorse the firearms attack on the substations, then edited the tweet to remove an approving hashtag. pic.twitter.com/pjph5do8fE
— charlotteclymer@mastodon.social (@cmclymer) December 4, 2022

There will now be a press conference held by the Moore County Sherriff's Department this afternoon at 4pm:

This is an ongoing investigation and we will update this article when new information is released.

Comments

comments

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

Some crank in North Carolina went full blown nutters taking out power to 40,000 residents including hospitals and nursing home because they wanted to "shut down" a charity drag show at the local civic center because "Children Would Be Present". Where have I heard that threat before?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
"Children Would Be Present". Where have I heard that threat before?

Every Christian Nativity play where boys and girls dressed up as men or women, angels

or sheep and donkeys?  Butt it's ok then if it's about Jesus.

Ditto when they put on Thanksgiving pageants and pretend that the Puritans were actually nice to

the Indians.

Maybe the aversion to Drag is just the jealousy of the "adults" left out of those pageants in grade

school?

jrSmiley_72_smiley_image.gif  

We are the descendants of thousands of years of Greek, Roman and British theater

almost all parts played by men.

Maybe they had it right /S

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

Looks like "peaceful protesting" has started up again.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @2    2 years ago

Old white guys being terrorists because of a community drag show? 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @2.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    2 years ago

That woman is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

What gets me is the republican that basically endorsed what happened.

I'm ok with it...She needs to be out of a job.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4  Mark in Wyoming     2 years ago

If i were betting? my bet would be on the gun shop robberies more than the drag show  having to do with this , especially on the word of one , religious fruitcake , but hey tis the season of fruit cakes .