╌>

Child labor investigation spreads to meatpacking, produce companies in 11 states

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  last year  •  102 comments

By:   Julia Ainsley and Laura Strickler

Child labor investigation spreads to meatpacking, produce companies in 11 states
A federal investigation into Guatemalan children working in the U.S. in violation of child labor laws has expanded to include meatpacking and produce firms in at least 11 states.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A federal investigation into Guatemalan children working in the U.S. in violation of child labor laws has expanded to include meatpacking and produce firms that have allegedly hired underage migrants in at least 11 states, two senior U.S. officials told NBC News.

Investigators from the Department of Homeland Security's Homeland Security Investigations and the Justice Department, as well as White House officials, are participating in the expanded inquiry, the officials said. The meatpacking and produce companies under scrutiny for possible child labor violations operate across the country in locations from Virginia to Colorado, the sources said.

The investigation is part of a broader push by Biden administration agencies, including the Labor Department, to crack down on child labor violations. The Labor Department has documented a 69% increase in children employed in violation of child labor laws since 2018.

DHS isn't taking 'victory lap' over unexpectedly low border crossings after Title 42 lift

Earlier this year, NBC News reported that according to two U.S. officials familiar with the investigation, DHS and the Justice Department were trying to determine whether a human smuggling scheme brought migrant children to work for multiple companies in the meatpacking sector nationwide. The officials said the companies themselves were not targets of the investigation.

The investigators would not name any of the companies currently under investigation. Penalties could range from civil fines to criminal charges, the officials said, but no charges have been filed.

"I think it's a huge positive step forward," said Wendy Young, president of Kids in Need of Defense, a legal aid organization for migrant children. "Now we need to make sure that the federal government really invests resources to follow through and sustain this effort. But I'm heartened by the fact that we're now seeing multiple agencies work together and really take this issue seriously," Young said.

Spokespeople for Homeland Security Investigations, the White House and the Labor Department declined to comment. The Justice Department did not respond to a request for comment.

When a Labor Department investigation found Wisconsin-based Packers Sanitation Services Inc. (PSSI) had more than 100 children working across 13 locations in eight states, the company paid $1.5 million in civil penalties. A company spokesperson maintained that any child hired by the company used fake documentation to get the job. "We have always taken rigorous steps to comply with the law, including use of the government's E-Verify system for new hires, extensive training for all hiring managers, multiple audits, and use of biometrics," the spokesperson said.

The company said in April that it was launching a $10 million fund to "enhance the well-being of children in the communities we serve and help reduce the prevalence of the rising problem of underage workers."

One official told NBC News that there is a sense that the underage migrants have unfairly paid a steeper penalty than the companies.

Previously, some of the parents of child employees at PSSI faced child abuse charges and children were left afraid to talk to investigators out of fear of deportation, according to community advocates and court filings.

'You can't find work here': Guatemalan farmers say climate change is forcing them to migrate to U.S.

Child labor, particularly among Guatemalan teenagers, is on the rise in the U.S. due to worsening economic conditions in the Central American country, increased migration by unaccompanied children in 2021 and 2022, and a U.S. labor shortage. The teenagers often provide falsified paperwork, including stolen identities, to show they are 18 or older and legally authorized to work in the U.S.

More than 260,000 unaccompanied migrant children have been released into the country in the past two years and almost half have been from Guatemala, according to federal figures.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  Vic Eldred    last year

"We have a shortage of workers in our country, and you see even in Florida, some of the farmers and the growers saying, 'Why are you shipping these immigrants up North? We need them to pick the crops down here,'" she said . (Nancy Pelosi)

George
Junior Expert
1.1  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

Cut off welfare benefits and free housing, hungry people will work.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  George @1.1    last year

I do hope you never need assistance some day because some mean spirited person like me is going to come along and tell you "tough titties"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    last year

so you would be more than willing to do exactly what you condemn him for.

Makes sense.

/s

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

Florida Republican politicians are encouraging immigrants both legal and illegal to use the loopholes in the new GOP backed law to stay in Florida. 

Rep. Garcia and Fernandez-Barquin lead the way...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.2    last year

People want to live in Florida. They are especially coming from California & New York.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    last year
People want to live in Florida. They are especially coming from California & New York.

Which has nothing to do with my comment or the GOP current CF.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    last year

If you would bother to read seeds other than flooding the front page you would know what Kavika is talking about. It has nothing to do with people wanting to move to Florida

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.3    last year
other than flooding the front page

I do that for you and him. Remember the truth will set you free!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.4    last year

give me a fucking break

don't do anything for me I don't want anything from you

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.5    last year
give me a fucking break

I tried that, remember?

don't do anything for me I don't want anything from you

Ok!

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.4    last year
I do that for you and him. Rememberthe truth will set you free!

You should try it sometime, it would be enlighting for you to say the least.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.6    last year
I tried that, remember?

what the fuck are you talking about? You only give your buddies breaks.

do you need the last word on this?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.9  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.8    last year
Company City State Number of Employees
Smithfield Foods, Inc. Tar Heel NC 5,000
Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc. Amarillo TX 4,200
Tyson Fresh Meats Amarillo TX 4,000
Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc. Dakota City NE 4,000
Cargill, Inc. Wayzata MN 3,500
JBS Grand Island NE 3,500
JBS Cactus TX 3,450
JBS USA Greeley CO 3,200
Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc. Holcomb KS 3,100
National Beef Packing Co., LLC Dodge City KS 3,000

gee, funny how 9 out of 10 of the largest US meat packing plants are in red states...

go figure...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.2.10  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @1.2.9    last year

Gee, funny how the border and enforcing immigration laws are the responsibility of the federal government- and they aren't doing their damn job.

If they weren't here they couldn't be exploited now could they?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.11  Ender  replied to  devangelical @1.2.9    last year

Down here every once in a while they raid the poultry plants. Last time they got around 600.

I think they only do it when they want headlines.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.9    last year

Would you prefer US tax dollars going to support illegal aliens that the Democratic Party are gung-ho on letting in?

Why?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.9    last year

Smithfield Foods, Inc.--owned by Chinese interests and I was unable to find out how many Chinese are Republicans. Maybe you can.

Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc. --publicly traded company. AT this time, it is undetermined how many shareholders are Republicans.

Cargill, Inc.--a family owned business. Strangely enough, its corporate headquarters are in Minnesota--a left-leaning state.

JBS--another publicly traded company. It is unknown how many shareholders are Republicans. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @1.2.9    last year
gee, funny how 9 out of 10

Looks like cherry picking to me.  Especially when you click on links in the seeded article: 

Some 835 companies were founded to be illegally employing minors last year, the Labor Department said, and more than 600 child labor investigations remain ongoing.

You chose 10 and with no way to verify your claim. 

In addition (from the same article):

Homeland Security investigators are looking into whether the children, largely undocumented migrants,  were part of a human trafficking scheme

The failures of Homeland Security just keep piling up.  Th e question now is, with Biden's failures at the border how do we expect Homeland Security to do a goddamn thing?  Cracking down on this would be to secure the border.  Something Biden has refused to do since taking office.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.15  devangelical  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2.14    last year

do more research. there was a bipartisan immigration reform bill with almost 70% support during the bush administration. it was defeated in the republican house over standardized verification of immigrant workers and federal fines for employers that didn't comply. explain that. $$$$$$$$

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.15    last year
here was a bipartisan immigration reform bill with almost 70% support during the bush administration. it was defeated in the republican house

Proof that it did not have almost 70% support.

70 is greater than 30.

if 70 out of 100 supported it, it would have passed.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.17  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.16    last year

68% of voter support...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.18  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @1.2.15    last year

Nice tap dance.  Danced right around the question.  You do know this has nothing to do with the Bush administration right?  Since then there have been 2 administrations.  Try to keep up.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  devangelical @1.2.15    last year

Are you sure about that? Seems the senate didn't care much for it either.

The legislation failed to garner even a simple majority. Only 33 Democrats, 12 Republicans and one independent voted to advance the bill, while 15 Democrats joined 37 Republicans and one independent to block it.

Read the whole story here and you will find there was shit in there, as is the normal since forever, that was perceived poison pills.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.17    last year

That would be germane if only the public voted on individual bills!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.19    last year

Thanks for providing "The Rest of the Story" ala Paul Harvey!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.23  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.19    last year

Imagine that.  The Republicans mentioned in 1.2.15 is because they opposed amnesty for illegals. Oddly the reason for that bills defeat was left out of that comment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.24  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2.23    last year

Oddly?

No, deliberately ,or the poster didn't bother to research beyond a title of a bill.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.25  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.24    last year

It's not like they are known for running with fact.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.26  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.13    last year

I was talking about where 9 out of 10 meat packing plants were located, not who owns them. as if their main offices would be where the underage workers are. pay attention...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.27  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.26    last year

Your attempt to tar red states falls flat and far short of your goal.

Biden wants them here so bad he should issue work permits for aliens so we don't have to support them.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.28  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.27    last year

the legislative branch creates immigration laws...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.29  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.28    last year
the legislative branch creates immigration laws...

yes, and the President is charged with enforcing them.

Any idea when Biden will start?

We have the laws, now we just need enforcement.

Why are so many liberals against law enforcement?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.30  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.29    last year
Why are so many liberals against law enforcement?

I'll let you know next tuesday afternoon...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.31  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.30    last year
I'll let you know next tuesday afternoon...

I know many are against it because, well, they are Democrats and a border that can be easily crossed is the ultimate goal if we even have to have borders under some "Democratic Utopia".

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.32  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.31    last year

the only reason they cross the border illegally is because republicans have turned immigration into a multi-year process, while making it illegal to work without documents, unless they want to risk working for republicans that pay them much less, and pay in prepaid debit cards.

... and undocumented workers still think it's better than starving and trying to live under repressive regimes that were usually created by republican foreign policy fiascos there in the past.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.33  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @1.2.32    last year

"More than 260,000 unaccompanied migrant children have been released into the country in the past two years and almost half have been from Guatemala, according to federal figures."

Thanks to Biden they are here in the first place, once across the border he doesn't seem to care what happens to them. Your last sentence is totally unsupported by facts

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.34  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.33    last year
totally unsupported by facts

when has that ever mattered to most republicans today?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.35  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.32    last year
the only reason they cross the border illegally is because republicans have turned immigration into a multi-year process,

That is simply a flat-out LIE.

Have you ever been alive while Democrats controlled Congress and the Senate and the WH? 

I guess Dems can not lead while in the minority because the mean old GOP blocks them and they damn sure can't lead while in the majority so why do you continue to support such ineptness?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.36  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    last year

wait until they vote in the next election...

evilone
Professor Guide
2  evilone    last year
A federal investigation into Guatemalan children working in the U.S. in violation of child labor laws has expanded to include meatpacking and produce firms that have allegedly hired underage migrants in at least 11 states, two senior U.S. officials told NBC News.

And politicians in several states are working to change those labor laws to allow these migrant children to continue working.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @2    last year

And when they run out of migrant children they're coming for ours

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.1  evilone  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    last year
And when they run out of migrant children they're coming for ours

They already have. Some laws now have (or were preposed to have) 14 year olds to serve alcohol and kids to be able to work late on school days.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @2.1.1    last year

Fourteen year olds have no business serving alcohol or working in a place where alcohol is served. I worked in bars...as an adult...and I was propositioned a lot.

where are the people who are so concerned about "the children"?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  evilone @2.1.1    last year

What states are doing that?  Where is this happening?   I've lived in Arizona for a good many years and I know it's state law that the minimum age to serve, dispense or produce alcohol is 18.  Most state laws are fairly consistent so I would love to know where this is being talked about.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.4  evilone  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.3    last year
What states are doing that? 

I don't know where the bill is currently in the system, but it was proposed in WI.

Under current law, only workers age 18 and above can serve alcohol to customers in Wisconsin. The bill would broaden that to workers ages 14 to 17. They could only serve to seated customers, not drinkers who are at the bar itself.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @2.1.4    last year

I got propositioned at tables where I was serving alcohol....in a restaurant.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.6  evilone  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.5    last year

I'm told that happens quite regularly. I've seen a number of toxic male responses to women who don't like it too. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.5    last year

duh, your chest was at eye level to those goobers...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @2.1.4    last year
, but it was proposed in WI.

That alone explains a LOT. Beer drinking and drinking in general is a year round sport LOL

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Ender  replied to  evilone @2.1.4    last year

I read one state, maybe it is the same, where they wanted to do away with a lot of child work requirements for all industry.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Ender  replied to  devangelical @2.1.7    last year
duh, your chest was at eye level to those goobers...

It's all in the walk away....

She was shaking her ass on purpose. I know it.

Says the half lit dude after he got his order of hotwings...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @2.1.7    last year

That's the sad part...I didn't have a chest worth looking at before I had children

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @2.1.10    last year

uh huh...ordered wings a few times have we?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.12    last year

Only boneless. One doesn't look sexy gnawing on a chicken bone...

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.14  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.11    last year

as if it matters after 5 or 6 beers, looking thru the bottom of a beer glass magnifies everything...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @2.1.13    last year

that tickled my funny bone

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @2.1.14    last year

uh....did you just call me only good looking after somebody gets drunk?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.12    last year

I have seeded a couple of articles that are about online debates. One I saw the other day was people complaining about different generations and their dining habits. The server said the younger generations will stack up all the plates together in a pile and she liked that.

I was always told to not do that as it makes it harder for them.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.18  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.16    last year

er, no, ... but that basic concept works in both directions.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @2.1.17    last year

I stack the plates and I liked when my customers stacked them. I think it makes it easier to clear the table

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.20  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.19    last year

only people that actually worked in a bar/restaurant know that...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @2.1.17    last year
The server said the younger generations will stack up all the plates together in a pile and she liked that.

That may be because today's servers are hard pressed to pre-bus their tables.

Plates should not be stacked because a good server will remove them as people finish with them.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.21    last year

I hate to agree with you. butt...

I was always told that it makes it worse because then all the trash and leftover food is all mushed together.

There was a comment that I read. Said the server should be cleaning the table the whole time and not wait until they leave to clean anything up.

Most places I have been to around here do that. They will even ask if I am done and want my plate removed.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @2.1.22    last year
Said the server should be cleaning the table the whole time and not wait until they leave to clean anything up

That is the standard for most large restaurants.

The only things left for the bus boy should be silverware, drinking glasses, and possibly dessert plates.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.23    last year

Let's just say that someone clearing up and being attentive is going to get a larger tip than someone that left ten plates at the table.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.25  devangelical  replied to  Ender @2.1.24    last year

to get the table turned when I was a waiter, after all had turned down any refills, I'd strip the table of everything while they were sitting there. of course I'd politely let them know that we needed all the dinnerware for new tables, and I had already cashed them out and got tipped.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.26  Snuffy  replied to  evilone @2.1.4    last year

Thanks.  From everything I could find on it, it's been proposed only and would have a long way to go before becoming law.  I can understand the rational behind it.  If a worker under 18 is already working in a establishment that serves food and alcohol, and there are many such establishments in small towns all across Wisconsin where an available work force is limited,  not allowing the person to bring everything ordered to a table can create a  hardship for the establishment by annoying customers who "wait" for their drinks.

Be that as it may, I don't like the idea myself.  I think it's wrong to put that kind of pressure on a 14/15 year old person.  How are they to be able to judge if a person has had too much and should be cut off.  Hopefully this is a bill that will just die in chambers.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.27  devangelical  replied to  Ender @2.1.10    last year
She was shaking her ass on purpose. I know it.

she smiled at me when she was collecting all the dollar bills off the stage, she wants me...

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.26    last year

When I was a teenager, all one could do at a restaurant was bus, clean up and maybe help in the kitchen. Did that for a while at a local establishment. 

Funny thing was, they would let me sit at the bar on my breaks and smoke.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.26    last year

In Texas, the minimum age to serve alcohol is 18 no exceptions.

Even though it is legal for children to drink alcohol with their parents present, we don't even allow it at our place. 

Lots less headaches that way.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.30  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.16    last year
only good looking after somebody gets drunk?

I used to wait until the lady seated at the bar got drunk enough to find me good lookin'.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.31  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.29    last year
Even though it is legal for children to drink alcohol with their parents present

I think it is like that here too. A parent can bring any age kid into a bar. Only 18 can drink as long as parent is present.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hallux @2.1.30    last year

lol

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.33  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @2.1.30    last year

you could've saved a bunch of money by waiting until an hour before closing time to go in...

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.34  evilone  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.26    last year
From everything I could find on it, it's been proposed only and would have a long way to go before becoming law.

The governor would veto it if it passed anyway.

I can understand the rational behind it.

I understand it too, it's about hiring cheaper wait staff during the summer. For a few it's about owners making their own kids work tables in smaller mom & pop shops. 

I don't like the idea myself.

Nor do I. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.35  Hallux  replied to  devangelical @2.1.33    last year

I live in Montreal, closing time is when the morning staff wanders in.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.36  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @2.1.35    last year

does everybody there switch over to speaking french as soon as they hear an american voice, like they do in quebec city?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.37  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @2.1.31    last year

Minors can drink in Texas if the parent gives them the drink. Parent must stay at table with minor as long as there is alcohol on it that minor was drinking.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.37    last year

I am of the idea that if one is old enough to die for their country, one is old enough to have a drink.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.39  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @2.1.38    last year

I agree. Old enough to defend the country, old enough to drink or smoke.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.40  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.2    last year
"where are the people who are so concerned about "the children"?

It certainly isn't the Democrats

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.41  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @2.1.38    last year
I am of the idea that if one is old enough to die for their country, one is old enough to have a drink.

Seems like lots of people think that way.

What I don't get is that many liberals seem to think minor kids can and should be allowed to make life-changing decisions regarding their gender but aren't adult enough to be given an aspirin at school without parental permission.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.42  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.41    last year

What I don't get is why someone can seem relatively normal. Even talk like regular people, then turn around and throw out conspiracy theories designed to get under others skin...

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.43  devangelical  replied to  Ender @2.1.42    last year

what I don't get is why conservative xtians can't mind their own fucking business...

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.44  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @2.1.43    last year

... maybe they need to be reminded.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.45  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @2.1.44    last year

... as in epically.

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    last year

This is what the gop wanted isn't it?

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @3    last year

the kids of undocumented workers work for even less money...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @3.1    last year

Is Biden trying to flood the labor market with illegal aliens?

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    last year

are republican employers trying to preserve their tax free income streams by blaming democrats for their own elected officials lack of immigration policy reforms?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @3.1.2    last year

Hilariously inane.

Please, ask something serious for a change.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.3    last year
Please, ask something serious for a change

Can plants feel?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @3.1.4    last year
Can plants feel?

Did you bother asking one?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @3.1.4    last year

Only when vegetarians consume them.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.5    last year

I tried but you know, they don't talk. I did try feeling one. See if I could feel any vibration. I did hug a big oak tree once, all I felt was a bug.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @3.1.7    last year
I tried

Well, good to know education wasn't wasted on you.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.6    last year

Ever see that animated movie about food in a grocery store? Kinda disturbing...

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.10  devangelical  replied to  Ender @3.1.9    last year

[removed]

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Ender  replied to  devangelical @3.1.10    last year

I told you that asparagus smell is temporary.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.12  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.5    last year

I thought he was...